About a year or so ago, I opened a thread somewhere here or at Scum, and was thinking that it would be cool to have the Unleashed go in the 3-3/4" direction...
I really thought that some sort of 2-pks priced at the $15.00-$20.00 range would be awesome. Each one would have a cool unique base to display them on... the figures themselves would have limited articulation similar to the current Unleashed line...
Also, each movie would have one large scene (almost a playset!) - something around the $40.00-$50.00 range that was a pivotal moment in that particular film.
For instance, here are some ideas for the $15.00-$20.00 range sets -
- Qui Gon fighting Maul w/ desert environment
- Obi Wan slashing Battle Droid w/ Naboo Forest base
- Arena Padme w/ Nexu climbing Arena column
- Obi Wan deflecting shot w/ "hovering" Jango Fett w/ Kamino base
- Palpatine fighting Yoda w/ Senate pod base
- Grievous fighting Obi Wan w/ Utupua environment
- R2D2 and C3PO w/ Tantive IV environment
- Han and Chewbacca sitting in Cantina w/ table and booth
- Dagobah handstand Luke w/ Yoda standing on him
- Han shooting at Vader w/ Cloud City dining room table
- Han throwing Scout Trooper against tree
- Stormtrooper shooting w/ Ewoks attacking him
Then, there would be a $40.00-$50.00 set for each film -
TPM - Theed Generator room w/ Obi Wan fighting Maul w/ dying Qui Gon on the floor
AOTC - Geonosis hangar w/ Yoda fighting Dooku w/ injured Obi Wan and Anakin lying on floor
ROTS - Mustafar control room w/ Obi Wan fighting Vader and destroyed Battle Droids, dead Nute Gunray on floor
ANH - Death Star hangar w/ Obi Wan fighting Vader
ESB - Bespin gantry/eather vane w/ Vader outstretching his hand to injured Luke
ROTJ - Throne room w/ seated Palpatine and Luke fighting Vader
Thoughts? I know most people want to see the Unleashed line stay as it is, but I think this would be A LOT better than going to a small 2 inch line.