Author Topic: Separatist Leaders  (Read 5126 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Separatist Leaders
« on: June 24, 2005, 12:11 PM »
Is anyone else bummed about the lack of Separatist leaders?  How do you want Hasbro to make them?  As individual figures, or as some sort of Screen Scenes?

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Separatist Leaders
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 12:47 PM »
Another screen scene pack or two would be a good idea, I like the idea of getting them in that type of set as opposed to individually carded.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 01:06 PM »
I think that Screen Scenes would be good as well.  I just hope if they go that route, the figures have good articulation for death scenes... and maybe some removable limbs?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 01:25 PM »
I am assuming we are not getting many due to the fact that the cinema scenes did not come out that long ago?  However,  I would like to see a slashable Nute Gunray among some others we have not seen made into figures befores.  To be honest I really do not care to buy another San Hill, Wat Tambor, Shu Mai (sp?), or Passel Argente. 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 03:01 PM »
I actually wouldn't mind if they repacked some of these, since I missed out on a lot of the Screen Scene ones.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 03:18 PM »
I actually wouldn't mind if they repacked some of these, since I missed out on a lot of the Screen Scene ones.

me too, I would like those in the new mustafar control room scene pack.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 07:41 PM »
Spuffy, if you missed out on the Screen Scenes, they're still out there!!

Honestly, none of these characters changed, so, for now, I don't need see the need for new versions.  However, A Wat Tambor with a shiney finish like 3PO would be high on my list.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 08:53 PM »
Are they?  They're long gone around here (Iowa). 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 11:43 PM »
I'd like to see a screenscene of three, especially the Quarren and Aqualish...  Not repeats of the others though.

Were the Banking Clan guys in E3?  Or were they absent and perhaps taken out of the war as per the Clone Wars episodes where the ARC's were featured on their planet?  I recall them losing to the Republic in that and seeing San Hill guys getting led away, but was he one of them because I don't recall him in E3 at all.

But that stuff aside, I definitely would take 3 of the yet-to-be-mades in a screen scene that maybe featured some Mustafar technical set pieces...  They had small holo-tables they were watching of the various fronts it seemed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 12:07 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, San Hill was never released.  The one we got was a piece of crap.  Poggle the Lesser and Passel Argente were very good quality, the rest of them all left a lot to be desired.  I guess Shu Mai wasn't so bad, but there is plenty of room for improvement.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2005, 12:59 AM »
I think we're going to get them at some point.  The ROTS line is still only about 3 months old.  Give it a little time.  Hasbro has to space things out somewhat.  :)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 02:19 AM »
"None of them changed?"  Not true.  Nute Gunray and Rune Haako have big makeovers.

I agree Nicklab, they'll be out at some point.   :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2005, 11:36 AM »
I think we're going to get them at some point.  The ROTS line is still only about 3 months old.  Give it a little time.  Hasbro has to space things out somewhat.  :)

That's what I think they will do to.  It's just a bit early to go from those screen scenes to new figures of those guys right away.  I would be fine seeing them redone in 2006 at some point.  I can almost guarantee a rehash if they were to sell them right now.  I don't want to see the same San Hill or Passe Argente packed into a screen scene with a new Seperatist.  I think that is what they would try to push on us. Two screen scene reissues with a new figure of some Sep leader.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2005, 12:41 PM »
I agree, I don't want any rehashes of these.  I could see Wat Tambor or Poggle the Lesser as a rehash, but other than that I want new sculpts.  Especially of Nute Gunray.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005, 08:22 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, San Hill was never released.

100% agreed.  That was easily the worst looking figure of an alien that Hasbro has done in the prequel era.  The plastic was beyond cheap, and with Hasbro's twist ties being so tight, the waist joint on mine was almost completely broken when I opened it.  I ended up hot gluing the torso pieces together, but the sculpt and the plastic quality made the figure suck in the package and outside of it.

In my opinion, we need Tambor rereleased with a vac-metal torso.  The original figure was great, but Hasbro ruined the decor by skimping on the quality (what was it with Hasbro and that off-brown metal paint at that time?  They pulled it on WA-7 too).  Gunray is a definite (just because he's my favorite background character; I'm selfish) since he's been in all three prequels and had lines in all three.  Po Nudo (the Aqualish, right?) would be great too. 

As I think I said in the Mustafar playset thread, do two three packs, and each would have half of the war room floor and tables.  Set one would have Gunray, Vader, and a Security Battle Droid; Set two would have Po Nudo, Tambor, and either Shu Mai's aide or Haako.  The two floor halves could combine together, and they would hook onto the back of the Mustafar playset's hallway (where the Vader table would go), and each would include a coupon that you could mail away for a free (with coupons from both sets and receipts) holographic Darth Sidious to put atop one of the tables.

I like to dream a lot, don't I?  ;D