Author Topic: New Deluxes  (Read 8409 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: A few more Deluxe Ideas
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 08:36 AM »
The Clonetrooper riding the Slug creature on Felucia.  Please oh please oh please!  A picture of it is in the ROTS picture thread.  There are massive spoiler pics mixed in with it though.  So, I won't post the link. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2005, 12:32 PM »
That slug would definitely make for a great deluxe or small creature assortment.

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
New Deluxes
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 12:10 PM »
Is there anything planned beyond the Stass Allie/Clone 3-pk/Crab Droid/Spider Droid wave?  If there is, I don't remember seeing anything on it...

Do you guys want more deluxes in this line?  I could go for a few more!

- Darth Sidious w/ senate pod
- Eopie w/ Obi Wan
- Padme w/ medical table and baby Luke/Leia
- Commander Neo w/ speederbike

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: New Deluxes
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 12:52 PM »

- Darth Sidious w/ senate pod
- Eopie w/ Obi Wan
- Padme w/ medical table and baby Luke/Leia
- Commander Neo w/ speederbike

The deluxe is what's killing ye 'old wallet. :P

The Eopie and the Neo are excellent ideas, Sidious might be okay, but I'm not sure how I feel about baby Luke and Leia's.  :-\

I wish I could add to the list, but I think the expense is making my pray that there is no more, although Neo on a bike would be sweet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 01:09 PM »
I think that Sidious would be awesome... I've always wanted a senate pod... if they were to do this, I'm not sure if I'd want Palpatine in red outfit, or in the black when he's fighting Yoda... probably in the black.

I know what you mean about baby Luke/Leia... I still think it would be cool though to get them.  Maybe with a Polis Massa medical droid?

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2005, 02:03 PM »
Ooh... dead Padme in a casket.  Morbid, but I'd buy it.

:-[

AHAHAHAHAHAHA ! Thats funny ...  ;D . I would prob get one aswell and yeh its about as sick as Anakin all crispy .
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005, 03:00 PM »
Sidious and the pod are musts.  I'm not sure why Hasbro didn't make this to begin with (but then we have no Cody yet, so...).  I like all your ideas, Chewie.  Obi and the Eopie and Luke would be perfect for me.

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2005, 03:58 PM »
I iwll prob be kicking my self in the butt for this later but I wont buy any of these... I might wait a few years then do it but not tell then.Other wise it will just sit around and I wont even care I own it. The figures on the other hand I will always pick them up. Im sure of that I look at them every day like 5 times lol.
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2005, 04:07 PM »
So, you don't like any of the current deluxe figures?  Bacta Luke?  Wampa?  Vader on Medical Table?  Amanaman?  Crab Droid?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2005, 12:32 AM »
As much as I like the idea of Darth Sidious with the Senate Pods, it seems as though it would be a bit too big for the Deluxe line.  If it was made to get in at the $10 price point that the deluxe line sells for, the scale (f a s c i s t s) would start screaming bloody murder, and I think many would find it to be inadequate.

Rather, I think a Senate playset akin to the EPISODE II arena playset (size wise) might fit the bill better.  Have a wall of several senate pods with an action feature where the Senate pods fly out of the wall.  This could have a wide appeal for both play features AND to collectors who like to display.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 04:51 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2005, 04:38 AM »
I'd be all for a senate playset like that.  They could do the pods as part of the assortment that has the Wookie Flyer, the size would be about right.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2005, 10:39 AM »
As much as I like the idea of Darth Sidious with the Senate Pods, it seems as though it would be a bit too big for the Deluxe line.  If it was made to get in at the $10 price point that the deluxe line sells for, the scale (Word Edited) would start screaming bloody murder, and I think many would find it to be inadequate.

Rather, I think a Senate playset akin to the EPISODE II arena playset (size wise) might fit the bill better.  Have a wall of several senate pods with an action feature where the Senate pods fly out of the wall.  This could have a wide appeal for both play features AND to collectors who like to display.

Post Edited:

Nick, using the term I edited out as an emphasis about a group of people who prefer to-scale items (myself, MisterPL, and others included in that group) is not acceptable to me.  Next time please be more conscious of what you're actually saying, whether in jest or not, as that phrase isn't one most like having applied to themselves no matter what context it was intended.  Thanks.  JJ

:P  Abuse of power at it's finest!  :P

Odd.  I didn't see mobs of soup chefs rushing NBC studios in LA when Seinfeld had the whole soup nazi storyline going.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2005, 06:05 PM »
Difference of opinion on the term itself I suppose, but I feel it's a term not applicable to people in a public forum, even if the intent was meant in jest, so I'm sorry you see it as an abuse of power.  It's a simple edit of one word, nothing more, nothing less, and I hope that's explained thoroughly enough now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2005, 01:51 AM »
We're gonna continue talking about Deluxe figures here.  The rest of the discussion here is being removed, since it had nothing to do with the topic of this thread.  As for the edit that was made, the use of that word referring to a particular German regime is offensive to many people around the boards, so unless it's being used in the historical context, we'd rather not have it used at all.  If anyone's got a beef with a mod here, feel free to e-mail or PM Chris or myself.  Thanks.

- Matt
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 01:54 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2005, 03:04 AM »
I would love a deluxe Senate Pod...because I don't want to make one of my own for photonovels. :D