Author Topic: ROTS Chewbacca - good or bad?  (Read 4997 times)

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
ROTS Chewbacca - good or bad?
« on: September 27, 2006, 07:31 PM »
Okay, I've looked in the past, and am looking again, and cannot find one review for this guy. He has some kind of action feature but I can't figure out how it works, and more importantly, if it impairs articulation.

He looks good; ball-jointed shoulders, elbows, turning wrists, "standard" hips (but that's where the action feature trigger is) and either ball or swivel knees. The sculpt is so-so, but then again, I was contemplating customizing him.

The reason I'm asking now is because I'm thinking of buying a Heroes and Villains reprint one if I should find one, but I don't know if there's something horribly wrong with him because I have very little information. Just pictures.

Additionally, if he is an okay figure, does anyone know if headswapping would be possible/reasonably easy on him? I was thinking of using a different Chewbacca head on one- probably the Millenium Falcon Mechanic Chewy- to make a ROTJ Chewbacca. Of couse, the VOTC is better, but a custom would be kind of fun to do- assuming I get the chance to work on it- and much cheaper for me- then I could still buy a VOTC chewie eventually, be able to use my leftover parts for a different wookie custom or an ANH-style chewy, or whatever. Not a popular idea, I'm sure, but I'm just wondering if what I want to do is actually doable.

Plus if I made one, I could pair him with my Han custom, and the VOTC one- if I get one- with my VTSC Han. Ahh, customs no one technically needs to make, yay.

Anyway, any information on this figure would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. - Yes, I know this is a little inconsistant with what I said about both leaving and putting off the hobby for a while, but I am trying to not miss too many opportunities to buy things while they're still in stores. I'm not sure how long H&V will clog the shelves, so that's why I'm asking this now.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 01:53 AM by Mitsukara »