Author Topic: TOMY Remote Control R2-D2 at SWS.com  (Read 38928 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TOMY Remote Control R2-D2 at SWS.com
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2005, 03:44 PM »
I'm happy to see SWShop offering this as well, and I plan to preorder it here as well.  Just sounds like a real "fun" collectible, and the fact that it is in scale with the basic line makes it even better to me.

SilverZ

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2005, 11:04 PM »
Here's a different shot of the RC figure:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2005, 03:30 AM »
Well, it looks nice...  It's a neat novelty item to me.  I was happy to put an order in I think.  Would love a repainted one to match the one Astro in Mos Eisley.  Just have it continuously roaming the streets. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 2, 2005, 10:08 PM »
R2 at SWS.com

R2 is now available to the general public for preorder, not just Hyperspace members.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 3, 2005, 12:03 AM »
Just (pre)ordered mine! I'm looking forward to its arrival.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2005, 04:04 PM »
So they had one of these things at the Hasbro Q & A panel down at Comic Con last weekend.  The Hasbro reps were all amped to show it off, and... the thing didn't work.  At all.  They fidgeted with it for a good 5 minutes in hopes of fixing it to show off to the few remaining folks at the end of the Q & A, but to no avail.

Looked real nice though, with a nifty little lightsaber remote and all.  Hopefully they'll work a little better than that when we finally get them in person...  :-\

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2005, 04:07 PM »
So they had one of these things at the Hasbro Q & A panel down at Comic Con last weekend.  The Hasbro reps were all amped to show it off, and... the thing didn't work.  At all.  They fidgeted with it for a good 5 minutes in hopes of fixing it to show off to the few remaining folks at the end of the Q & A, but to no avail.

Looked real nice though, with a nifty little lightsaber remote and all.  Hopefully they'll work a little better than that when we finally get them in person...  :-\

I thought that was funny myself. Made me wanna run out an by 2 of them.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 04:07 PM »

I was kind of wondering about that.  I saw a couple of pics online of them attempting to show it off, and it looked like the rep was practically pushing the R2 with the remote manually.  It reminded me of when the batteries are low on the TV remote, and I attempt to "throw" the signal towards the TV :P.  I hope that they work a little better than that when we get them, I already have a 3 3/4" R2 that can just sit there ;).

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 05:32 PM »

It reminded me of when the batteries are low on the TV remote, and I attempt to "throw" the signal towards the TV :P.

LOL!

Man, between you and Matt, you guys are making my otherwise ****** day a little better!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 05:33 PM by ruiner »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 07:10 PM »
I honestly didnt have much hope for it working anyway. Doesnt mean i didnt order one.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2005, 11:35 PM »
does anyone have that like 2 foot tall "Voice Controled R2?"

Mine's pathetic, I never does what I tell it!  it isn't a loyal minion!
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 12:14 AM »

So, in some distant manner, you guys witnessed a modern day, and tiny, reinactment of Lucas's prop guys pissing around with the original astromechs as they would topple over, go off track, break, and just not work. :)

Probably killed the batteries in it...  RC in this tiny scale eats batteries.  My gf's kids got these little RC cars from Radio Shack and they tend to not last real long.  I definitely see possibilities in those little cars though for moving droids. 

I want an RC Mine Layer droid from the Sandcrawler now. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 4, 2005, 02:40 PM »
Got my R2 today from where I get my bricks and such.
Have to run out, but I`ll post some pics later!
Adam

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #28 on: August 4, 2005, 04:07 PM »
does anyone have that like 2 foot tall "Voice Controled R2?"

Mine's pathetic, I never does what I tell it!  it isn't a loyal minion!

I have one and I have to say I love mine.  At first it was very hard because I have a very heavy accent when I speak English.  However (and this may just be me) but the damn thing seems to have adjusted itself to me.  I do research in an university setting and have R2 sitting in my lab bench in my lab.  I talk to it and ask it questions as I work and it responds in a positive, negative, confused, or mad way.  I have it play several songs and even do some of the stupid little games.  I paid like $75 for mine but it is one of my favorite things in my collection.  I only wish I had one MIB. 

So I cannot complain about mine because it rocks, its like having the little brother I never wanted :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 4, 2005, 04:45 PM »
We`ll, R2 is pretty damn neat!
Little bigger than the 3 3/4 line, but that was to be expected.
The remote houses the sounds for R2, one way they were able to
keep him so small I`d guess.
I have posted pics on my website:
www.imatoygeek.com
but here is some to get ya started:

Adam