Author Topic: Chrome Clonetrooper Fig.  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Mr.MojoRisin

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Execute Order 66
Execute Order 66: www.execute-order66.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Chrome Clonetrooper Fig.
« Reply #1 on: July 1, 2005, 01:37 PM »
To me personally? It isn't worth anything.

For me, to have a custom that is worth any amount of money, there are three factors:

1) Quality of workmanship both in the figure and packaging - sure this guy re-packed the figure, but all he did was give it a coat of chrome spray paint.

2) Source the Custom Figure is from - if its concept art, obscure character from one of the movies or cartoons or if it's a popular EU character contributes to a custom being considered worthwhile - last time I checked, there weren't any all-chrome Clones running around in ROTS

3) Probability of Hasbro eventually making the figure - if the character is one that may one day get made, then that takes the figure down a few pegs, however, if it seems so obscure that the chances of it getting made are slim and none, then that helps raise it's value in my eyes - for this item the chances of Hasbro making a Chrome/Silver ROTS Clone are in my humblest of opinions, VERY HIGH. They stated "no more silver/chrome figures" and yet we're getting the third Silver Vader released courtesy of a really lame KB Toys exclusive.

Anyway, to someone else, this might be a real treasure, your mileage may vary. I just thought I would chime in with my $0.02.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #2 on: July 1, 2005, 07:25 PM »
I think it's a neat idea, but I wouldn't pay anyone $15 to do it for me.

If it were vac-metalized like the first Silver Vader, then I might consider it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #3 on: July 2, 2005, 01:29 AM »
Check this out:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5984916997&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Think it's worth it?

No it is not, you can make this figure yourself for the retail price of the base Clonetrooper and a bottle/can of spray paint. Plain and simple, people who buy these kind of customs which require absolutely no artistic ability to make are idiots just wasting their money. Don't be surprised to see this auction go up in price, because as we know Clones = $$$$
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #4 on: July 2, 2005, 10:00 PM »
Yeh the idea is cool but it looks more silver then anything. If it was chrome it could be pretty bad
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 2, 2005, 10:37 PM »
Ebay is filled with trash like this.

couple of years ago I found a C-3PO 12" figure from 1975...lol, that strike anyone as a bit odd?  Granted this isn't the same as scaming but I still don't like it. =p
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 3, 2005, 07:52 PM »
wait...lets get out the Lava Vader that is MISSING the back card that went on eBay of $130 because some dumbass didn't realize that you could open the package and do that. Some people will buy any crap on eBAY because they think it is rare or one of a kind.

Granted there are some good customizers out there, but not everyone is cut out for that job.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #7 on: July 3, 2005, 09:05 PM »
Mr. MojoRisin, please don't bid on this.  This is a total waste of $$$ and this guy is just looking to score some quick cash.  I have some silver spray paint left over, if you want, I can do this for you for cost.  Don't feed the horrible eBay customs!  (OK, there are some good customs on eBay, but 90% of the customs are total trash).  :P
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #8 on: July 4, 2005, 06:06 AM »
He is right.

I sold a clone i did on ebay the 2nd one i ever did it was blue and it did look alot better in real life but look for one that has alot of detail and hard work thats been put into it . I only sold mine for 12 bucks but still I would try to look for one that has a ton of detail.  ;D
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 5, 2005, 01:14 PM »
I think SW collectors are "chilling" out in regards to low end customs.

I'd be surprised to see this go for $15.

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 6, 2005, 02:08 PM »
I wouldn't buy something like that for $15. I mean I could buy a can of spray paint and do it myself. Plus you can't trust anyone on ebay all the time, they could be scammers.