Author Topic: Best POTJ Fig?  (Read 29858 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Best POTJ Fig?
« Reply #15 on: June 6, 2003, 03:32 PM »
I think the Snobi Wan looks great, too, but he's one of the figures I never found.  I'll have to add him to my To Get List.   ;D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 7, 2003, 06:42 AM »
If I'm forced to pick just one, it would have to be POTJ Sandtrooper.

But the numerous runner ups include:

Rebel Fleet Trooper (REALLY CLOSE)
Amanaman
Tessek
Duros
Coruscant Senate Guard
R2-Q5
Gungan Warrior
Plo Koon
Imperial officer
Mas Amedda
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 9, 2003, 01:01 AM »
It's a toss up between Dagobah Vader & 300th Fett.  
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2003, 12:28 PM »
Many figures in this line were done very, very well...but I really think that the overall best would have to be the 300th Figure Boba Fett...it may not be the most articulated or poseable figure in the world, but the sculpt, paint, and general appearance is almost perfection.  Other favorites of mine from this line would have to be Bespin Capture Han, FX-7, and the Scout Trooper.

Offline E.Z.

• Jedi Initiate
  • Montreal, Quebec
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2003, 12:59 AM »
300th Fett
FX-7
Coruscant Guard

I could go on, damn that series of figures was awesome!
Shawn

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2003, 06:53 PM »
definately gonna have to say 300th Fett.

Offline Sith Bounty Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hunting new figures daily
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2003, 05:41 PM »
I really like the Darth Maul Sith Apprentance. It was alot diffrent than the original Maul figs.
Dont under estimate the power of a sith lord

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2003, 04:45 PM »
I really, really like the 300th Fett too, but isn't it basically a deluxe figure ???  I remember it retailing for about double a regular POTJ figure, so is it fair to compare a figure at double the price with a regular fig, say snow Obi?  $10 verus $5?  Shouldn't it be a much, much better figure?  Limited articulation, no pack ins really.  Sure, cool paint job and cloth cape but.... it was double the regular price.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2003, 05:57 PM »
I agree with Morgbug that the 300th Fett has a deluxe price with no "deluxe" feel.

Nice sculpt, nice deco, and a cloth cape are things you should expect (And have received) from the standard line...  

Now if Deluxe Fett had come with 18+ POA, a blast effect for his gauntlet and rifle, real-hair wookie scalps, etc...

That'd have been Deluxe.

As it is to me though, he's a pre-posed ESB Fett that could've stood some tweaking.  He's not bad, but for $10 I expect something better than that.  Sculpt and deco are something that should be as good as Hasbro can do ALL the time though, not just on a "special" figure.  

My 300th Fett's just standing there on my Bespin Freeze Chamber...  I've always wanted a superior Fett since he was released. :(  Unfortunately the Saga Fett wasn't that "Superior" one I was waiting for.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mandalorian Madman

• Youngling
  • He's no good to me at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2003, 11:30 PM »
300th fett. I agree there wasn't much deluxe about him, I guess maybe hasbro thinks a cool box makes him special. anyway, yah he had crappy articulation compared to some figures but the looks, sculpt, and detailing were all top notch.  articulated kness and elbows and maybe he is one of the best ever but as he is I still really dig him.
JD

"Open them.  All of them."

Offline JediMateo

• Youngling
  • Use the Fork, Luke, the Fork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 8, 2004, 09:12 PM »
Fett

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2004, 09:28 PM »
Adam Pawlus just mentioned how at the time, 300th Fett was top notch, and I tend to agree with that idea, but it still doesn't place him high on my list.  The figure just fell flat and was the start of a nasty pre-posed trend later on...  

We see his style of sculpting, his features like a working holster and such, in todays figures...  Hasbro just wanted to milk a little extra through the packaging I think.

POTJ had a ton of great figures though...  Amanaman, Imp. Officer, R2-Q5, R4-M9, Duros, Bespin Guard, Bo Shek, Zutton, Luke Bacta...  These are some pretty good figures that I'd rate above 300th Fett personally.

Too bad Fett wasn't something special.  I'm really anxious to see this "vintage" OTC one though.  Whew...  Should be amazing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2004, 01:48 PM »
I was thinking about this, and was wondering has anyone ever seen or found a Teebo, in
store yet?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 01:48 PM by Mainland05 »
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2006, 01:19 AM »
This was a great line with lots of great figures.  Among my favorates:

Bespin Han
Bespin Guard
FX-7
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2006, 05:46 AM »
Moldy Oldy.

Boy was I right about the VOTC Fett, heh...  :)

Anyway, I'd say the Imp. officer is my favorite of POTJ but I'd list Teebo, FX-7, and the Bespin Guard as 3 others I felt were tops of that line (without touching Deluxe).

The Bespin Han's cool too Anton, but my gripe was his articulation was limited (though at the time it wasn't bad, but it still was "eh" in a way too).

Lot of stinkers in POTJ too though.  I thought BE Leia bit and I was always disappointed in Lando's pose.  The earlier figures like General Leia or Mechanic Anakin were weak efforts at best.  The EU figures like Snowbi Wan and Training Maul sorta sucked though Training Obi and Qui-Gon were nice I thought, for what they were.

The astromechs were great though, as was Duros and Ketwol.  Nice filler figures.  Bo Shek was pretty nice too.

The Imp. Officer is one I'll buy in droves still.  I love that figure.  I wish it'd get a re-release with the TIE Pilot pack-in figures legs (bendable knees) for a little better poseability at no additional cost.

Release it in grey and I'd buy lots and lots of that figure.