Author Topic: Voyager's Return  (Read 3250 times)

Offline mastermatt24

• Youngling
  • Im a Dude!
    • View Profile
Voyager's Return
« on: July 1, 2005, 10:13 PM »
Hey guys- here's a painting I finished today for my brother's birthday (hes a trekie  ;) ) :
http://photobucket.com/albums/b250/mastermatt24/?action=view&current=100_9621.jpg

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Voyager's Return
« Reply #1 on: July 2, 2005, 03:36 AM »
Beautiful painting - that's one hell of a birthday gift! I love the details with the bridge and the blur of the tail lights, the cityscape is great - I flipped back and forth between the photos of the painting before and after you dropped the Voyager in... Was it an afterthought to add the Voyager or did you plan it all out?

Thanks for sharing!

Offline mastermatt24

• Youngling
  • Im a Dude!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 2, 2005, 02:12 PM »
Thanks! Here's the fixed up version: http://photobucket.com/albums/b250/mastermatt24/?action=view&current=100_9625.jpg
Some parts were starting to bug me so I decided to go back and fix it up. I was aming for something like this: http://photobucket.com/albums/b250/mastermatt24/?action=view&current=100_9597.jpg
But even now when I look at it I want to fix more.. So to answer your question- No, Voyager was not ann after thought.. I decided to approach the painting differently this time by painting the background and stuff around it so I could have reference when Voyager went in. I keep thinking about adding fireworks, (not just because of the 4th) but because I would think that Earth would be proud/happy that they finally brought Voyager home- and they would want to celebrate right?? (so why not with fire works???) Commnents and suggestions are greatly apprechiated!!  ;D

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: July 2, 2005, 02:47 PM »
I think it'd be a moment worth celebrating.  :)

Offline mastermatt24

• Youngling
  • Im a Dude!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 3, 2005, 12:29 AM »
But do you think i should add fireworks?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #5 on: July 3, 2005, 01:38 AM »
Absolutely... do you think you'd be able to get reflections off of the Voyager's hull? and the water?

Offline mastermatt24

• Youngling
  • Im a Dude!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 5, 2005, 01:48 AM »
After watching the fireworks Ive been kinda inspired to do some now.. I think I would be able to get the reflections- but I would have to be careful not to go overbord with a lot of them  :-\

Offline mastermatt24

• Youngling
  • Im a Dude!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 9, 2005, 10:35 PM »
I decided not to put in the fireworks- and I do like how it ended up. My Bro really liked it.  ;D