Author Topic: Combining Expanded Universe forum and Jocasta's Reading Room?  (Read 3841 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
How come there are two separate EU forums? Essentially the same things are being discussed in both, so it seems to add an unnecessary level of complication.

The description on the Expanded Universe forum is
"Discuss everything relating to Star Wars EU"

And Jocasta's Reading Room is
"Give your opinion on Star Wars books and comics"

which is merely a subset of the other one.

If it was up to me I'd merge the two and keep the Jocasta's Reading Room title. There's only 68 threads between the two of them.

<7/4 edit: Corrected the number of threads, due to erroneous adding previously.>
« Last Edit: July 4, 2005, 03:33 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Combining Expanded Universe forum and Jocasta's Reading Room?
« Reply #1 on: July 3, 2005, 12:29 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, Nathan.  It's certainly something worth looking into, so we'll let everyone know what is decided after a little discussion.

:)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: July 7, 2005, 12:24 AM »
I see that brilliant minds think alike, Nathan.  I've been contemplating doing exactly what you're suggesting there, for several weeks now.  Running it past the crew behind the scenes right now, so we'll see what turns up...  ;)

Granted, I think that the "EU" portion is more a subset of the Book (Jocasta) section really, if you're including all the reference types of materials on the films and collectibles, and stuff like magazines and whatnot.  I basically view "EU" as Star Wars fiction, for the most part, which definitely falls under books.  But I don't think the aforementioned "reference" type of books necessarily fall under "EU" though, like Sansweet's "Action Figure Archive" book, or the coffee table Star Wars Chronicles reference book, or the recent magazines covering the ROTS movie, etc...

Anyway, stay tuned, and we'll figure something out for this, 'cause I agree that it's confusing, and for the most part, repetitive.

- M

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #3 on: February 1, 2006, 12:07 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, Nathan.  It's certainly something worth looking into, so we'll let everyone know what is decided after a little discussion.

:)

*blows dust off the thread*

Soooooo ... was the consensus "No", or did this critically important matter ;) simply slip through the cracks? Any news on this front?
« Last Edit: February 1, 2006, 12:08 AM by Valin Kenobirific! »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 1, 2006, 12:26 AM »
I've been wanting to condense some EU stuff actually so hopefully we'll see an answer soon.  I think I'd like to see the blanket EU forum fold under Jocasta's to encompass reading material, and see our EU area between the trilogies encompass more than Television EU since "EU" Covers SOoooooooo much beyond books, comics, video games, RPG's, Television programs, etc.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 1, 2006, 08:41 PM »
I'm all for it. We could call it Jocasta's Universe Of Expanded Reading Rooms.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: February 1, 2006, 10:18 PM »
Soooooo ... was the consensus "No", or did this critically important matter ;) simply slip through the cracks? Any news on this front?

The consensus was that we couldn't agree on how to do it, unfortunately, so we left it as it was for the time being.  But they're talking about it again right now, so maybe the results will be better this time through...