Author Topic: Some of my work:  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
Some of my work:
« on: June 22, 2005, 10:44 AM »
Here's some of my most recent work, I hope you guys like it  ;D:

Drawing 01

Drawing 01 colored

Drawing 02

These two, I made together with my girlfriend:

Drawing 03

Drawing 04

« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 10:45 AM by Kit Fisto »
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Some of my work:
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 10:55 AM »
Holy crap man, those are GOOD!  Awesome work :o
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 11:00 AM »
Very nice work, indeed! Keep sharing with us!

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 10:29 PM »
It is my belief that praise is a very easy thing to give and receive. Constructive critism on the other hand is more difficult to give and receive but has more substance, growth potential and if you are truly an artist, you know that there is always something you can try to do to improve. Artistic expression and creativity are things that can always be built upon. Being an artist and an art educator, I feel inclined to give you praise and to try and guide you to things that may help improve your art and ability.

I am going by your info here Kit, so I am aware that you are 21 and also from Belgium. Welcome to the site and we are very happy to have your unique perspective added to our great community! Thanks for checking us out and sticking around!

First, I'll talk about your strengths and ask some questions. I think your style is nice; graphic, strong compositions and you have very strong drawing ability. You are definitely more on the cartoonie side (as opposed to realistic) and your style compliments the character you put into your figures and their details.

How do you ink them? Pens, felt tip, Sharpies, pen & ink, brush, tech pen,  or a mixture? Your lines are clean, so I assume it is a pen of some sort. Just curious more than anything.

How are you coloring them. I see some different styles and they seem experimental, but well executed. I think I am seeing airbrush, colored pencil, maybe some marker or ink and possibly paint. Or am I completely being fooled and you are doing it all digitally? You are very adept and skilled either way at how you color your pieces.

As far as constructive criticism is concerned, I would suggest the following:

1. Your poses are a bit stoic, statuesque and stiff. Anatomy is very important whether you do realistic, comic or cartoon art and the more you know, the better you can imagine what a figure does when you pose them. I just picked up a very large (16") Spiderman figure with 67 points of articulation (fingers even) for a posable resource. It has really helped me do more than imagine and adds a lot of drama to my figure drawings and poses. I also highly recommend any drawing book by Burne Hogarth, especially, "Dynamic Anatomy" and "Dynamic Figure Drawing". They really helped remind me how important anatomy is and how to get the most out of what I draw.

2. Light and shadow. You have some great detailed areas, but you lack light and shadow in most of your drawings. If you add it, you do it with color, rather than black. Don't be afraid to experiment with differnet approaches to light and shadow. It can also lend to the drama of the action you are trying to portray. Even taking a photocopy and a pen is fine. Just adding some larger areas of dark or some cross-hatching here or there can help a lot.

3. Challenge yourself. You know what you are good at doing and it looks like you do well when you try new things (drawing 3 and how you colored it). Just don't keep doing what you are good at because it's comfortable. Challenge yourself. Try things you aren't good at and get better. Don't play it so safe. Take chances and risks and don't be afraid to fail or make mistakes. You have a very strong approach to how you draw and I see a lot of potential in your art and ability. Just keep trying new stuff and build on your strengths as you explore different techniques, approaches and media.

I hope you take this all in good faith and that you understand I am just trying to do more than pat you on the back. Good work and keep it up. I look forward to any future stuff you post! Thank you for sharing!
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #4 on: July 6, 2005, 04:36 PM »
Wauw!

Thanx for the great feedback man!!

Things like these really help!

To answer you questions:

I mostly use pens to ink my work. Sometimes I combine, but mostly I keep it clean.

The coloring:
Most of the coloring I do with pencils. Sometimes I use ecoline to get a more dramtic effect. The others are done with the PC, mostly Photoshop.

Anyway, thanx for the remarks. I'm gonna look into them and keep them in mind, the next time I pick up my penscil!
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay