Author Topic: Best places to buy Ep III action figures  (Read 6473 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Best places to buy Ep III action figures
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2005, 12:15 PM »
Dorito!  Welcome to this place.  I think I've seen you at a different board before, correct? 

Please announce your arrival here in the Newbies section.  Tell more about yourself.  Are you a Cheesy Dorito, or a Ranch Dorito?   ;)

:P

Offline Dorito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2005, 12:52 AM »
Dorito!  Welcome to this place.  I think I've seen you at a different board before, correct? 

Please announce your arrival here in the Newbies section.  Tell more about yourself.  Are you a Cheesy Dorito, or a Ranch Dorito?   ;)

:P

Nice to be here.

Yeah I am on a couple other boards with the same name.

If I had to choose, I would say I am a Cheesy Dorito.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2005, 09:19 PM »
Target has gotten the most business from me, with Wal-Mart coming in second for having a few HTF figures.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 1, 2005, 09:06 AM »
I'd say right now, and the past few weeks/months, it has been Target.  Target has just been better at stocking newer stuff overall it seems.  I think anything from #45 and up has been at Target for me, as well as the 500th Vader.  Our closest Wal-Mart has just tons of the normal pegwarmers (Nemo Warrior, Clone Pilot, Palp w/Red Saber, Polis Massan, Mas Amedda, etc.), and a big ole pile of Darth Taters.  Target has been much better for me, and that's just fine...if I can avoid Wal-Mart, all the better ;).  Toys R Us has been fairly worthless since opening day, and aside from the AT-RT, I don't know if I've bought anything there really for ROTS.  They have some newer stuff now (MPire, Galactic Heroes transforming vehicle thingy), but nothing new as far as a basic figure line.  Ours does seem to have plenty of white clonetroopers though.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 2, 2005, 06:32 AM »
Most of my money has gone to Walmart. With Target coming in second. 
I remember my dream now.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #20 on: August 2, 2005, 09:13 AM »
I'd have to say Target, followed by (imagine this) Kmart.  TRU and Wal-mart have been pretty poor at keeping things on the shelves lately. 

Also, in my area I think Wal-Mart and TRU seem to have the scalpers working there more so than Target.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 2, 2005, 04:35 PM »
Lately, I must say nowhere is a good place for me. Every place I go to has  only Palpatines, Clone Pilots, and Neimoidian Gunners.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #22 on: August 2, 2005, 08:15 PM »
I felt that way until the Antilles wave hit and I realized that no figures is better than crappy figures (U warrior aside).
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Loopy_Leia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 3, 2005, 10:13 PM »
I have actually found Wal-mart to have the biggest stock of stuff but I haven't been to Target or TRU in awhile so I could be wrong.  We have 2 Wally Worlds to choose from here.  KB Toys didn't have much of anything when I went in there today so I was a little bummed out.  I went to K-Mart today and saw Gen Grievious's cool ride and I saw the Unleashed figure of him which I wouldn't mind having.  I also saw the M&M figures which I hadn't seen except on here.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: August 4, 2005, 12:52 AM »
Target for me. Which is good for be because I enjoy shopping there the most, except for their crappy policies when it comes to exclusives. I hate Wal-Mart and avoid it when possible but I have to stop in occasionally on toy runs, and that is the only time I will ever go in. I have found some stuff there, but the majority is from Target. TRU usually sucks around me, but I have found some decent stuff at mine, even though they still have 20 VOTC Landos, 5 OTC Lobots, and 5 SAGA Chancellor Palpy's. ::)
"This is the way."