Author Topic: ROTS Figure Sales (or price hikes)!  (Read 32642 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
ROTS Figure Sales (or price hikes)!
« on: April 3, 2005, 12:17 PM »
For those interested to know. I went to my local Target and pursuaded the supervisor to give me a price adjustment even though I got the $1 each figure on 4/2.

I was polite and shared my point of view that the coupon and an adjustment are two separate issues.  After checking with a manager her refunded me about $25.00. So all the figures I purchased at Target came to $3.99 + tax.

I hope some of you do the same to save some $.

DBK
« Last Edit: June 6, 2005, 08:04 PM by JediMAC »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Target sale = $5.00 for basic figures
« Reply #1 on: April 3, 2005, 09:56 PM »
Wow, $3.99 for your figures is great...

Went by a Target today and grabbed a few more Battle Droids.  I'm a sucker for $5 army builders.

:P

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 3, 2005, 10:18 PM »
I did the same thing also.  I got back something like $25 dollars.  Thats like 6 free figs if you think about it.   ;D
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 06:52 PM by JayDouble »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 4, 2005, 09:20 AM »
I didn't even hit Target at all this past weekend - I used my coupon at Wal-Mart while everybody was in line at Target and scored my figures for $4.24.

Wish I would've bought all of them instead of the 15 or so that I limited myself to...after opening all of them I really want to buy them all now!

8)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 4, 2005, 10:17 AM »
Great use of the coupon!  It is good to hear Walmart honored the Target coupon.

Best Regards,

DBK

I didn't even hit Target at all this past weekend - I used my coupon at Wal-Mart while everybody was in line at Target and scored my figures for $4.24.

Wish I would've bought all of them instead of the 15 or so that I limited myself to...after opening all of them I really want to buy them all now!

8)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: April 4, 2005, 02:41 PM »
Today at lunch, I brought in my reciept to get a price adjustment.  Thanks to the price adjustment, my RotS basic figure costs were reduced to:

Sale Price = $5.00 each
10% discount = -$0.50 each (I opened a Target Visa Acct in order to save 10% on my purchase  ;))
Target Coupon = -$1.00 each

Final Price = $3.73 each with the tax.

Right now, I'm VERY happy that Target could help me save some major cash on the 56 basic figures I bought Saturday!  :)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 4, 2005, 02:56 PM »
I'd be happy too!

I can almost guarantee they did not make any money on those figs at that price!

Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I was unaware that the first 56 figures were out already??

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: April 4, 2005, 03:00 PM »
Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I was unaware that the first 56 figures were out already??

What I meant was that I bought 56 figures total - 1 to open, 1 to keep carded of the first 28 which was all they had at my local Target.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.   :-[

Jeff

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: April 4, 2005, 03:34 PM »
Today at lunch, I brought in my reciept to get a price adjustment.  Thanks to the price adjustment, my RotS basic figure costs were reduced to:

Sale Price = $5.00 each
10% discount = -$0.50 each (I opened a Target Visa Acct in order to save 10% on my purchase  ;))

Man, that's definitely the way to do it, Jeff!  I recall a few folks over at RS discussing the potential of trying to do just that, but Jimbo charged into the thread and told them it would never work, and to get a life and not bother the poor customer service folks at Target with such absolute nonsense.

Go figure.  :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: April 4, 2005, 03:45 PM »
Man, that's definitely the way to do it, Jeff! 

No kidding, any time you can walk away from Target with 56 figures for $208.74?  :o

It boggled my mind that I saved $148.50 off the original $5.99 price at Target or even $103.77 off the Wal-Mart $5.24 price...  ;)

The savings will go towards the Celebration 3 Hooters activities budget.

Jeff

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 4, 2005, 05:44 PM »

Sale Price = $5.00 each

Jeff

I did the same exact thing. Sunday morning, I was wondering if they would give me a hard time about getting the additional $1 off, but I got no hassle at all. All the Customer service person had to do was scan my recipt and it was done. I had bought nearly 60 figures, so it was a nice discount.

Now I just hope #'s 33 -36 show up this week to keep the cost down.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: April 4, 2005, 06:09 PM »
Man, now that I see a few people made this work, I'm a little bummed I didn't make more of an effort to hit some Targets on 4/2 (aside from nabbing the Lava Vaders), to get these nice discounts.  But after having slept a total of about 8 hours over the previous 3 nights, I went home and slept 19 out of 22 hours, including almost all of 4/2.  Lazy (tired) **** I was...   :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
RotS Figure Sales!
« Reply #12 on: April 7, 2005, 05:45 AM »
I'm as amazed at the title I wrote as you possibly are at reading it.

I went to K-Mart tonight to score on the "2 for $11" deal they have.  Not much of a deal considering everyone else has figs for $4.99 this week or something, but I went anyway and I was shocked.

The only 2 figs I wanted were the 2 royal guards they had (red) on the pegs.  They had maybe 8 to 10 basic figures beyond that laying around, but probably 8 to 10 actual pegs for basic figures.  This place was packed on 4/2 also, from what I understand, and now nothing.

I'm amazed that, even at the mark-up, K-mart is still selling figures relentlessly.  That has to bode well for the popularity of the line overall, and I wonder if this is opening Hasbro's eyes that quality sculpts, articulation, and accessories are what sell this line in volume.  Perhaps this is a great omen for things to come!  I'm hoping so anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

Re: K-Mart Runnin' Outta Figs...
« Reply #13 on: April 7, 2005, 06:03 AM »
Not a Kmart story, but I hit a lot of stores today. Many of them had people (most the standard male aged 24-35 folks) picking through figures and buying them. I even spotted kids at a couple places. What they were purchasing weren't high number figures, but random early ones.  So I suppose that's a good sign that they are moving and keeping some selling power, even after the die-hards have moved on to worrying about the saber color of Palpatine #35.

As for Kmart, my closest one had very little on Saturday, aside from Palmtalkers. They occupy no more space than they would normally allocate for Star Wars in off years, and placed them out unceremoniously. The little that they do have are the usual suspects from early Collection 1. For trying so desperately to be competitive, they've eaten **** on the launch of this line. There's been zero presence from them in the stores I've seen or at their online store. Pathetic.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2005, 06:04 AM by Tydirium »

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: K-Mart Runnin' Outta Figs...
« Reply #14 on: April 7, 2005, 06:32 AM »
I haven't been to a KMart since the 24 hr one near me closed a couple years back (JJ you may recall me leaving the ffurg chat a couple times to hit that store for quick toy runs at 3 in the morning). But at my local Walmart yesterday they had TONS of figures, something like 40 pegs at 10 figures deep and that was just the main display. The regular action figures section probably had another 100 or so figures scattered about. When I was at Target the other day, they didn't have as many figures, maybe 1/4th of that, but I've yet to see any droughts like that. Amazing, since it is Kmart were talking about...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot