Author Topic: ROTS Figure Sales (or price hikes)!  (Read 32656 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: RotS Figures on Sale Thread!
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2005, 12:52 PM »
Damn. Great sales and me with a total lack of fundage.

Oh well.

Don't sweat it.  More figs for me and Spuff.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2005, 11:14 AM »
The TRU and Target sales really seem to be moving product. Does anyone think that the big three are setting themselves up to re-flood the shelves durring the following week? Or will it be the same as usuall?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2005, 11:31 AM »
I love price adjustments...  :)

As others have mentioned, just about every SW toy not mentioned specifically in the Target ad is on sale for 15% off, so I brought in a stack of 4 receipts to Target last night (Wave 2 Deluxe, Figures #41-44, etc) for credit.

They didn''t include the Clone Trooper in the 15% off sale though, too bad...   :(

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 3, 2005, 08:38 PM »
I noticed in the Mission Log section that JediMAC had encountered a price hike to 5.99 per figure at his local Target.  While I haven't checked my local Target yet to see if this is bicoastal, I have noticed that several of the online retailers (one in particular that shocked me) have raised the prices of basic figures as well.

Amazon/TRU.com is up to $7.99 a figure now for some reason.  I guess when you hardly have anything in stock at all, you have to charge a lot for what little you do have.   :-\

KB.com is back to their $6.99 price point on basic figures as well, but the real humor is that, possibly for the first time ever, KB's prices are lower online than TRUs are.  :)

Hasbro Toy Shop has a lot of harder to find figures listed as in stock, but when "In Stock" = "A month or more of waiting for them to ship", it really doesn't help anybody, especially Hasbro.

WM.com doesn't really have a lot on their website, and I even noticed a local SWM completely dismantling their SW aisle yesterday and moving what they could fit back into the regular action figure aisle and the rest was going in boxes to go in the back.  Smooth move!  Now that the movie is out and you could have more casual buyers than before it was released, you decide to dismantle the aisle! 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #49 on: June 3, 2005, 09:34 PM »
Target raised their prices to $5.99 here in Iowa too.   :(  Way to put the brakes on there, guys.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #50 on: June 4, 2005, 01:05 AM »
I paid $5.88 each for three figures at an out-of-the-way Wal-Mart today, so it wouldn't surprise me if brick-and-mortar Wal-Marts nationwide get on the price-raising bandwagon.

I managed to get most of the figures at $5.24 or so, so that's pretty good. Of course, I'd start a carded collection right when the prices go up.  ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 4, 2005, 10:15 AM »
I paid $5.88 each for three figures at an out-of-the-way Wal-Mart today, so it wouldn't surprise me if brick-and-mortar Wal-Marts nationwide get on the price-raising bandwagon.

I hope not but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. I also wonder if Target will sustaine that price. They may very well take a profit hit. Here's for hoping.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 5, 2005, 02:20 PM »
So now its kinda the opposite of the thread title. Here come the hikes. Just today, when I was going over a list of past purchases, I was wondering when it was going to happen.

Those out of the way Wal-Marts have had them priced at $5.88 for at least a month. That's when I first noticed it, early May, at least here in Georgia.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 5, 2005, 11:23 PM »
The closest Wal-Marts have their prices at $5.24 still, because they have Target and TRU to compete with. I guess the $5.88 price is at stores that think they can get away with it.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: June 6, 2005, 08:04 PM »
Yeah, looks like the price hike's gonna be across the board here, with most/all WM's joining the fray with their new $5.88 prices, so they can remain "competitive" with Target after their similar price hike...  :P

And check out this report from Ray in our SoCal Finds thread here:

And now for some breaking news....
I saw a commercial last night for Walmart promoting the ROTS Star Wars figures. At the end of the commercial they gave their "new" price of $5.88 each. So unless walmart has decided to do some false advertising everyone get their wallets ready for another price hike.

:-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: ROTS Figure Sales (or price hikes)!
« Reply #55 on: June 6, 2005, 08:08 PM »
So now its kinda the opposite of the thread title.  Here come the hikes...

There, is that better?  ;)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 6, 2005, 08:25 PM »
I just read a report on GH about the cup sets selling for $12.99 now.  ::)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 6, 2005, 08:26 PM »
Yeah, looks like the price hike's gonna be across the board here, with most/all WM's joining the fray with their new $5.88 prices, so they can remain "competitive" with Target after their similar price hike...  :P

Well, as of yesterday they were still $5.24 at our Wal-Marts. Let's hope this holds. I know this is wishful thinking, but the prices could still vary regionally.

You beat me to the punch, I was going to report the same finding. :-\
« Last Edit: June 6, 2005, 08:29 PM by Darth_Anton »

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #58 on: June 6, 2005, 08:29 PM »
Super Walmarts in my area have them at $5.88.

Regular Walmarts still have them at $5.24.

Let's hope ::)
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: June 6, 2005, 08:32 PM »

You beat me to the punch, I was going to report the same finding. :-\

Yeah, Jared finally found me my second Clone cup up in Washington a couple days ago, but said it rang up at $12.99 for some bizarre reason.  Guess we know why now...  >:(