Author Topic: Crispy Anakin Vs. Extra Crispy Anakin...  (Read 6716 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Crispy Anakin Vs. Extra Crispy Anakin...
« on: July 8, 2005, 11:25 AM »
Does anyone have a picture of the two versions side by side?  Or is this maybe a made up report and not even really true?

As of yesterday I had 4 of this Anakin figure - they looked identical except for the chests.  Two were essentially bare flesh, two were pockmarked with burns.

Is that the variation?  Is this even a real variation?  If what I described ISN'T the variation, does anyone have a decent picture that compares the two?

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Crispy Anakin Vs. Extra Crispy Anakin...
« Reply #1 on: July 8, 2005, 12:20 PM »
you talking about the same figure, if they have different scorch marks?

my nephew has the "construct Vader table" figure.  I think it is terrible.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 8, 2005, 12:40 PM »
All I know is that the Original Recipe Anakin with the cloak on SUCKS, and there's no excuse for releasing such a piece of crap after Hasbro has shown that figures like Ephant Mon and Coleman Trebor with great likeness can be made.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline uglygoat

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 8, 2005, 12:45 PM »
is that the #50 anikin you are talking about?

i left that one on the peg, just not worth it.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 8, 2005, 01:16 PM »
All I know is that the Original Recipe Anakin with the cloak on SUCKS, and there's no excuse for releasing such a piece of crap after Hasbro has shown that figures like Ephant Mon and Coleman Trebor with great likeness can be made.

Thanks Dressel, very helpful...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 8, 2005, 01:17 PM »
is that the #50 anikin you are talking about?

i left that one on the peg, just not worth it.

Yes, I'm talking about Anakin Number 50 - there allegedly is a variation with the amount of burn damage and I am looking for a clear image of the difference if such a variation exists.

« Last Edit: July 8, 2005, 01:19 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: July 8, 2005, 01:27 PM »
Whether it's an intentional variation, or just a much better wash in the paint job, this difference definitely exists.  The first couple #50 Anakins that I picked up were fairly "clean" on his skin (head, neck, chest, arms), whereas the last few I've seen at retail are totally fried and jacked up looking.  Far better with the later ones, IMO.

Not sure if you've followed the similar paint issue on the Deluxe Vader Operating Table figure, but I'd say the #50 Anakin's paint differences are even more drastic than that one.

Maybe if Jared swings by this weekend, I'll have him take some pictures of the differences so you can tell how dramatic it is.  I'd definitely think it was an intentional change by Hasbro to make the figure look a lot more "battle damaged" by the fire.  (the extra crispy version obviously has the later date stamps on it, btw)
« Last Edit: July 8, 2005, 01:27 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 8, 2005, 03:35 PM »
 I have the battle damaged Anakin and the Vader with the table.  I like both of them.  Could they be better.  Absolutely.  I kind of wonder if Hasbro is a little bit shy to make it too good looking.  You know what I mean.  The parental groups might get upset if it looks too realisic.  Or it just may be Hasbro doing a crappy job!

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 8, 2005, 05:50 PM »
well burned flesh didn't go over too well with my sister for her son! heh

The operating table isn't gross it just is pathetic,  Vader's a board. lol

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 8, 2005, 07:13 PM »
The operating table isn't gross it just is pathetic, Vader's a board. lol

::) - Keep it on topic, OK dafoo?

Anyway, Yodasnews.com has some pics on their front page comparing paint variations on Anakin's face.  There may be even more differences out there.

Burnt:  http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/50aniburnt.jpg

Clean:  http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/50aniclean1.jpg

Tattoo'd:  http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/50aniblutat1.jpg
« Last Edit: July 8, 2005, 07:13 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: July 8, 2005, 09:28 PM »
I hate these paint variants that float out...  They are confusing and can really make picking up a nice single version of a figure harder than necessary.

For instance, finding Vader w/his table has been nye on impossible in my area.  A buddy of mine picked me up one that I have to get off of him at our next meeting, but I have no clue (nor choice) in which paint variation I get...  :(  And with the way Deluxe clogs pegs it'll be a real bitch for me to find the other versions to pick one up I potentially would like more.

This charred Anakin you're searching out info on Rob, sounds much the same, and with him being one of the hotter figures right now he seems like he'll be as big a pain to find the paint variation you want.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 8, 2005, 10:35 PM »
Tatooed?  what's that about?

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 06:51 PM »
FINALLY!!!!!! I picked up a crispy Anakin.  Actually a couple.  there is a difference in 1 compared to the others that I got and I don't mean just the paint.  I have 4 paint scheme varies but one of them the right knee pant leg is not ripped/burned while the other 3 that I have are.  I gotta compare them again but so far again besides paint that's the only difference I can see.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 09:47 PM »
Mine doesn't really look like any of the 3 mentioned.

Mine almost looks like the mouth is painted slightly giving it almost an opened look. Also my neck is painted so much better than any shown.  It's a nice black "wash" that really gives the neck a lot of detail.

I actually like the paint on mine much better than the 3 listed.  weird.  Also, this is a freaking GREAT I mean GREAT figure.  Just awesome.  The mechanical hand sculpt is wonderful, only wish they did klind of a black wash or had a little black paint on it for a little detail, but thats really being picky. 

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2005, 01:40 AM »
Yeah, I opened two and kept one and have looked at about half a dozen total - none of them have looked the same as any of the others.

I'm thinking about just taking one of the two that I opened and lighting it on fire for a few seconds to see if that does the ******* trick.

Crispy indeed.