Author Topic: Target Exclusive RotS Ultimate Space Battle  (Read 3733 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Target Exclusive RotS Ultimate Space Battle
« on: July 8, 2005, 10:50 PM »
From the Official Site

This October, Obi-Wan's red Jedi starfighter from Episode III will be available for the first time to fans and collectors as part of the Target exclusive Ultimate Space Battle set. In addition to Obi-Wan's starfighter, the set will include Anakin's yellow starfighter, droid tri-fighter, vulture droid, two buzz droids, and Anakin and Obi-Wan mini-figures. The thrills of the opening space battle sequence in Revenge of the Sith can now be recreated with this fantastic array of Episode III vehicles and figures.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive RotS Ultimate Space Battle
« Reply #1 on: July 8, 2005, 10:56 PM »
I'll wait for this set to be discounted. I already have all of those sets. And I don't want to pay however much the set will cost (I'm guessing $50) for an Obi-Wan starfighter. :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 8, 2005, 11:00 PM »
I don't usually buy a lot of LEGO, but this looks like a pretty cool set, especially since I don't have any of these yet.

But why does it have to be an exclusive?  That just makes it harder for me to find (one of these days Target will get their asses in gear and move north of the border).

Hmmm... red Starfighter... Target logo is red... oh, that's a little too cute.   ;)

So does this set come with one or two Vulture droids?  The description says one, but the packaging shows two.

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 9, 2005, 01:17 AM »
Very crappy of them to release all of those sets individually and then add one ship to the sets and sell it that way only. >:(

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 07:33 AM »

So does this set come with one or two Vulture droids?  The description says one, but the packaging shows two.

From the description:

...two buzz droids...

I'm waiting for clearance on this one too.  I wish I knew about this earlier, I already bought the other sets and I hate double dipping on Legos.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 06:30 PM »
I saw this set at Target today - $48.88 price reduction, look for it as part of the 10/16 reset at a store near you!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 9, 2005, 05:16 PM »
WTF? This thing has already been discontinued, and the V-Wing is replacing Obi-s Red Jedi Starfighter.

LAME. >:(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline MaxWedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Yep, sold out at lego.com, no more coming to lego brick/mortar stores.  Didn't even want the thing ($50 for Obi red ship is too much) until I saw how fast it sold out.  The Target near my house had 10 left this week so I grabbed the nicest box.

What pisses me off is they no longer offer the new V-wing by itself.  My 2006 wish list included the B-wing, V-wing, and TIE Interceptor, and now I can't get the V-wing without spending north of $40. >:(

Disturbing this trend is.  I searched Bricklink looking for the pieces to turn an Anikan yellow ship into an Obi red ship (15 dark red pieces or so) but couldn't find hexagonal wings or the R4 unit available.
Wants - everything.