Author Topic: College Football 2005-2006  (Read 30362 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2005-2006
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2005, 05:27 PM »
Well after being the 18 point underdog for Saturdays game against Georgia and losing by only 2 points, I guess I can stomach the disapointment of missing the 2 point conversion that would have put us at a tie.

16-18, Georgia
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2005, 04:45 PM »
Nice to see the MN Gophers finally beat Purdue for the first time in seven years.  The Gophers dominated the game until the 4th Qtr and then things got wild.  The final was 42-35 in 2 OT.  Purdue's top ranked run defense got lit up.  I hope this means good things for the Gophers this year.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2005, 06:00 PM »
Pretty stinky performance against Bama last week...let's see what we can do against Troy this week.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: October 8, 2005, 10:39 PM »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

What a game today!!! Its about ******* time, is all I can say, after two kicks to the nuts the last two years, it was sooo great to do the same to Michigan this year.

We got the Jug!

Next week, the axe and then the pig!  Pasadena is still in the cards

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: October 9, 2005, 05:06 AM »
Damn, UCLA went with another nail-biting comeback win this week (47-40), just like last week.  Much better opponent this time though, in #9/10 Cal.  This should really get us up into the Top 15 area now, at 5-0.  Maurice Drew went nuts, and scored FIVE touchdowns for us too.  That (and his prior 4 games) should probably get him a sniff of the early season Heisman hype, I hope.

Still hoping for an undefeated showdown between the hated cross-town rivals of USC and UCLA.  God, that'd be a dream come true (assuming UCLA won).  Heading in the right direction right now, that's for sure.  Now keep it up!!
« Last Edit: October 9, 2005, 05:07 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 9, 2005, 02:22 PM »
Carolina: 44  Kentucky: 16  :D

That makes 3-3 for the season. Not bad, but we could do better.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2005, 11:23 PM »
The only thing better than #16 Penn State knocking off #6 Ohio State this past Saturday was the fact that I was at the game. Having gone to PSU, I have seen many games. However, I have never seen a game like this before. The crowd was amazing, you could feel electricity in the air.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2005, 02:01 AM »
The only thing better than #16 Penn State knocking off #6 Ohio State this past Saturday was the fact that I was at the game. Having gone to PSU, I have seen many games. However, I have never seen a game like this before. The crowd was amazing, you could feel electricity in the air.

I'm rather indifferent towards Penn State, but it is nice to see a great coaching legend like Paterno get one last good season under his belt (and hopefully go out in style).  He's been under such scrutiny the last several years with PSU playing so poorly and being unranked for most of it.  I wouldn't mind UCLA beating Penn State for the National Championship this year...  ;)

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2005, 10:03 PM »
AMAZING ENDING for the Trojans today  8)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2005, 10:04 AM »
It's a time of morning for PSU, ND and FSU fans. The PSU game was undiscribable and the USC game wasn't to far off from what I saw of it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2005, 12:44 PM »
It's a time of morning for PSU, ND and FSU fans.

Mourning, too.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2005, 06:17 PM »
Yeah, some insane endings last week in the USC/ND and UCLA games, among others.  Some more crazy endings this weekend, for sure.  I was definitely bummed to see 3 of the remaining teams ahead of UCLA win by a measely field goal, keeping UCLA stuck at #8 in both polls.  At least we moved up to #6 in the BCS though.  Pretty bizarre seeing Texas pass USC in the BCS today though.

That dream matchup of an undefeated UCLA and USC going head to head in the last game of the season is getting closer and closer though.  If we can get through Stanford this upcoming weekend, we should have a really good shot at it!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 06:23 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2005, 06:49 AM »
Are you assuming Texas will get knocked off by someone? For you Cali guys, that would be an awesome matchup, but IMO that is one of the great problems with having the BSC standings and a computer that creates them.  It avoids having some of the great games we could potentially have through a playoff system.

I can say although it doesn't mean much at the moment, I'm thrilled to see Texas jump ahead of USC.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2005, 07:50 AM »
Sorry, I should've clarified that better, Chris.  The UCLA/USC game is the final game of the regular season for both teams.  Then, the Bowl games would come after that, including the National Championship - presumably against Texas.  I agree that the Longhorns are definitely looking strong right now, with a pretty easy schedule remaining.  So unless they seriously screw up at some point, I'd expect to see them playing in the Rose Bowl for the National Championship this year.  Hopefully against UCLA;)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2005, 09:27 AM »
No problem.  I'm all for playing UCLA.  IMO, they may not be as tough an opponent as USC.  Still, presuming we make the Rose Bowl, it will be a very tough game no matter who is playing.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.