Author Topic: College Football 2005-2006  (Read 30365 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: College Football 2005-2006
« Reply #60 on: January 5, 2006, 01:42 AM »
Congratulations, Longhorns.  Well-deserved win. 

I was pulling for you, if only because this will make it all the more sweet when we beat your ass next year.

Signed,

Sooner Fan
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 5, 2006, 07:17 AM »
Man that was awesome.  My wife and I went nuts when Vince finally got into the endzone.  I was getting a little scared on the next to last play and just prayed the Texas D could keep USC outside the 30 yard line.

Before school starts this morning I'm going to be making a UT national champion poster and stick it on my door.

Vince is a badass and turned it on when needed the most!!

« Last Edit: January 5, 2006, 08:22 AM by Chris M »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: January 5, 2006, 09:22 AM »
Definitely one of the greatest Football games I have ever watched.  Trojans made some really dumb mistakes at the end there (incompletion on 2nd down being the biggest)

I will say that the world finally got to see how horrible Big 10 officiating is...they stunk on both sides and made some horrible calls and spots I thought

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 5, 2006, 11:35 AM »
And I thought the Orange bowl was a nail biter. This is why I like Collage over pro, anything can and does happen.

Anyone think Reggie was holding back?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 5, 2006, 11:43 AM »
Anyone think Reggie was holding back?

Funny how the Texas Defense still gets no respect.  Reggie can outrun local valley kids from Fresno State, but he can't outrun the Pride of Texas high school football!  Didn't look to fast last night?  Two great plays and a lot of nothing plays.   ;D
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 5, 2006, 11:48 AM »
I said it before, and I will say it again.  IN VINCE WE TRUST     The only difference is now everyone believes me!

Texas has the defense to stop USC one time.  The Trojans never could stop anyone when they had to!!! 

HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT "ONE-MAN" TEAM NOW, MATT??   YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD TWO INTS!

WHO'S THE REAL HEISMAN WINNER NOW ???

-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 5, 2006, 01:08 PM »
Vince Young is still an ass.  I talked to quite a few people about the game and they all agree: Texas didn't win the game.  USC lost it.  Despite what Vince did, SC had that game and gave it to the Longhorns.  And history along with it.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 5, 2006, 01:09 PM »
Oh and who's the real Heisman winner now?  Still Reggie Bush.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 5, 2006, 02:29 PM »
Vince Young is still an ass.  I talked to quite a few people about the game and they all agree: Texas didn't win the game.  USC lost it.  Despite what Vince did, SC had that game and gave it to the Longhorns.  And history along with it.

Hey, is that a USC fan???  I would have thought the Bandwagon was completely abandoned by now.  Try talking to non-USC fans!  At least everyone can now jump on the Clippers bandwagon.

The Greatest Team Ever with the Most Prolific Offense Ever turned the ball over two times and couldn't pick up 2 little yards.

Carroll had to go for it on 4th & 2 b/c HIS DEFENSE was worthless all year long.  He knew his defense could not preserve "history" even by forcing Vince to drive the length of the field. 

What kind of Heisman Trophy winner stands on the sidelines during the most important game of the year?

The Best Player leads his team to a championship.  Keep the Heisman, we'll take your Crystal Football! 

Ain't that thing so beautiful???
« Last Edit: January 5, 2006, 03:04 PM by S_A_Longhorn »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #69 on: January 5, 2006, 02:39 PM »
I thought the same thing about seeing Bush on the sidelines...although LenDale White was running pretty damn well

That TD run Bush made though was phenomenal

I still cannot fathom them passing on 2nd down with 2 minutes left.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 5, 2006, 02:49 PM »
What kind of Heisman Trophy winner stands on the sidelines during the most important game of the year?

In Bush's defense, it wasn't his fault he wasn't on the field for that play.  That was Carroll's stupidity.  When you have the best back in college football on your team, you get him the ball.  It's just that simple.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 5, 2006, 03:09 PM »

That was Carroll's stupidity.  When you have the best back in college football on your team, you get him the ball.  It's just that simple.

The Sport's Guy would agree with you there!  How could Bush just be standing on the sidelines, when he could have PUSHED Leinart or White over the 1st Down.  Did it once before....

Wasn't Carroll supposed to have the Perfect Defensive Gameplan to stop Vince Young?  I had to hear that for an entire month. 

I guess the "Perfect Practices" were not so good, especially when you have a TE and a QB trying to be Vince in practice.  Hey Trojans, just because your TE is the "running" Vince, doesn't mean Vince is going to tell you when he is going to run.  Nice coaching. ::)

A big factor was the up-tempo pace that the Longhorns brought on offense versus that poor USC defense.  That defense was so gassed that it couldn't have caught Bevo.  Two coaching points to the Texas Longhorns
« Last Edit: January 5, 2006, 04:31 PM by S_A_Longhorn »

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 5, 2006, 04:38 PM »
Oh and who's the real Heisman winner now? Still Reggie Bush.

Who gives a **** who won the Heisman?  Texas won the National Championship.  The final score of the game is all that matters.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 5, 2006, 04:54 PM »
What a great game - right up there with the Ohio St. - Miami championship game from a few years ago.
Vince Young was simply amazing.  :o

Two coaching points to the Texas Longhorns

While I understand Mack Brown is a good coach and Texas has been a very good team for quite a while, it's just a bit strange to hear Mack Brown getting "coaching points" in a big game after all of these years.
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 5, 2006, 05:14 PM »
I love how the bandwagon fans talk the loudest when "their" teams finally win the big one.   ::)  Here's a tip: try NOT acting like Vince Young and showing some class in victory.  All the talk you endure about SC all season was justified.  USC's team will go down as one of the best ever.  They won 2 in a row and nearly won a third, something that has never been done.  They produced back-to-back Heisman winners (something Texas definitely won't do) and had 3 in 4 years.  They won with style and won with class, something Texas did not do.  There was nobody on their squad you could honestly say "Man I hate that guy" about.  Their coach is a class act and it shows in his team.  They deserved all the press and hype they got during this time.  Texas is a talented squad, but anyone who watched that game knows it was Vince Young and a bunch of other guys.  Despite what Vince did, it took 2 turnovers, 2 horrendously botched calls (Young's knee being down and the fumble ruled an incompletion resulting in 9 free points) and a bad gamble on Carroll's part on a 4th and 2 for Texas to come out ahead.  Go ahead and sing Young's praises.  He didn't win that game.  USC lost it.  If there's anything people should be talking about, it's the fact that the refs had a hand in the outcome, something no fan of any team ever wants to see.  How in the hell does the replay monitor go down in the biggest game of the year?  More people watched this game than any other BCS game in history but apparently the video replay guy was the only one not watching.  It's bad enough seeing that piece of **** Vince Young thugging it up on stage but knowing that the refs played a huge role in SC's demise makes it worse.