Author Topic: What figures are hard to find now?  (Read 19388 times)

Offline xenabard

• Youngling
  • Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: What figures are hard to find now?
« Reply #60 on: December 9, 2005, 05:56 PM »
I can't find the Twins.  The final 5 were never out that I could see...  I gave up on the last few RoTS figures.  I bought R4 online and that did it for me.

I do want the Twins if I can find them for under $24 on ebay with s/h.  Especially since they are $5 in the store.

After that, I really don't need to much and I have seen pretty much everything else.  I am done at this point.  I scored my CW Anakin DVD set.  I am happy :D

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #61 on: December 9, 2005, 07:32 PM »
I have not seen the twins either but in all fairness I have not gone to Walmart in about a month.

A walmart exclusive means that you can buy them now at around $5, in six months for $3 and 1 year later for $1.50.  So I would not be too concerned about it.  I bought the 12" WM exclusive maul a year and a half after its release for $11.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth Nickel

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2005, 08:38 PM »
I can not find the final five. I have only seen them once (at different times) I'm also having a hard time with the new Bly (brown stripe) and the new Dooku w/ red saber.

I've been out  weekend and it's pretty bad here. I don't know if I am just missing the stocks, but there is almost nothing out right now.
"You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2005, 04:49 AM »
So what's everyone's theory on stuff "disappearing"?

While I do think sales are HUGE for ROTS this year, and I do think that X-Mas cleared up some pegwarmers (Vader still sits though around here), I think that there's a distinct possibility that the Neimoidian issue was cleared up by Hasbro rather than John Q. Consumer.

A little rumor had floated that Hasbro was potentially taking some of the Neimoidians back from Target and elsewhere...  I'm thinking this may have been the case personally.  I can't see that many kids wanting Neimoidians and I don't see parents buying just anything out of desperation.  I know I haven't bought for the kids with that frame of mind.  They're actually getting $5 each out of their budgeted X-Mas $ from me because I can't fill their figure orders so I'd rather they just got $ and spent it as they wanted to.

Anyway, I'm thinking pegwarmers perhaps saw some buy-back action...  That or some kids are having a very Froggy Christmas this year.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2005, 09:52 AM »

I can't see that many kids wanting Neimoidians and I don't see parents buying just anything out of desperation. 

You didn't grow up with my parents. :P
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 09:53 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2005, 03:13 PM »
Honestly, everything has dried up here all of a sudden.  Seems like after December 1, nothing has been shipping.  Just a few pegwarmers like Bail, Mon Mothma, and Nemoidian Warriors are left at most places. 

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2005, 05:33 PM »
Yeah. I agree with you. My collecting and fodder hunting reached a high on Black Friday and the week after, and then- nothing. I'm dissappointed. Now I will find are BBI and XD figures.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2005, 11:50 AM »
I ran into a Hasbro rep awhile ago who told me that Target and Hasbro HQ knew the Nemodian issue and that in time, they would be taken  back by Hasbro, and given their own SKU so that could happen and so it would not impact the ordering of new figures. I think I have seen part of that here.

I wanted to find a Bly variant but I haven't had time to hunt and when I have, there is nothing to find.  The line is coming to an end.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2005, 11:12 AM »
In answer to the main question, I think I can safelt say at this point, all of them. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dhivael

• Youngling
  • Dark Lord of the Sith
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2005, 11:56 PM »
well i havent seen ANY basic figs on the pegs in a couple weeks. but i never even saw the final 5 or the Luke/Obi twin set :(
-Dhivael