Author Topic: EP3 Clonetroopers  (Read 67104 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: EP3 Clonetroopers
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2005, 05:20 PM »
I really like the idea of the 501st set having three of that one figure in it, as we should (unless it's a Target exclusive) be able to preorder it and know we'll get a 501st Clone without all the hassle that will undoubtedly surround the Shocktrooper repaint.  Why it has a Clone Pilot, I don't know, but I needed another one to complete my ARC-170 crew, so at least now I can save my money and not buy another single carded one.  I just hope that this version has a new paint deco on his helmet with a different squad logo (and a better face paint job wouldn't hurt either).

If I had my choice on the Anakin figure - it would be the #28 Slashing Attack Anakin figure with the cloak from the #50 Anakin figure - so you could have a figure similar to how Anakin appeared as he walked up the steps to the temple.

Trying the cloak from #50 on the other two Anakins was one of the first things I did when I got it the other day.  It does fit fairly well on the #2 Anakin, but the #28 Anakin's shoulders and torso are so wide that it just doesn't look all that great.  The #50 Cloak is much thinner in width than the #28 Anakin and it looks really awkward, almost like Annie's going into a Hulk rage or something.

Now, if they would do a headswap of the #28 head, put it on the #2 body, and include the cloak from #50, *that* would be worth it.

A slightly different and more accurate Anakin for the scene instead of #2, a slightly modified and/or improved Clone Pilot, and three 501st Clones using what is essentially a SA body without a waist joint and with an action feature?  That does not sound like a bad set at all to me.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2005, 06:03 PM »
At the very least you could get a dremmel and some paint and make a mess of Jedi for the slaughtering.

Anakin's head is SOO big you could cut a ton of plastic away and make all sorts of heads
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
List of all the clones and variations?
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2005, 06:09 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a site detailing all the various clones, their units, commanders, colors and the like?  hopefully with pictures.

I'd be very interested to see that all compiled.

Hopefully with the EpII and EU clones too.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2005, 06:38 PM »
I'm merging your Clonetrooper question into the Clonetrooper thread here, dafoo.  Most of your questions have already been answered throughout this thread, at least in relation to Ep. 3 (including pictures).  Considering Ep. 2 Clones are MUCH more simple (no names, just 4 standard colors and white), I'm sure someone can quickly answer your question on that in here too.

- Matt

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2005, 06:41 PM »
More #6 clone repaints? Better not let Jared (Tydirium) see this thread. :o
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 06:41 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2005, 09:04 PM »
Too late, I was already pissed before I came into the thread.   ;) There's about a 98% chance of me going "Colman" on Hasbro either in their booth or during the Q&A.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2005, 09:27 PM »
Too late, I was already pissed before I came into the thread.   ;) There's about a 98% chance of me going "Colman" on Hasbro either in their booth or during the Q&A.

You guys have to sit apart from each other at the Q&A then.  Otherwise they'll know it's JD again :P

Somebody tell me why they're using the POTF2 snowtroopers ???
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2005, 09:51 PM »
JediMAC: LOL, I was really starting to wonder where my thread went. =p

I've read this whole thread, but I didn't think it was all put together yet.

That and it seems Hasbro issued commanders in the wrong colors.  So I was looking for a total list.

EPII clones seemed to be just the rank colors and a few driver variations.  And Clone Wars was just the ARC troopers, or am I missing some?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2005, 01:12 AM »

Please please do.

There's no excuse to ever use that horseback riding #6 pile of garbage when there's a perfectly awesome SA mold out there waiting for another repaint and repackage.

I'd buy at least 100  501st SA Clones if they made them.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2005, 01:16 AM »
I'd buy at least 100  501st SA Clones if they made them.

And coming from you Rob, I believe you.   :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2005, 01:18 AM »
And coming from you Rob, I believe you.   :)

What makes you say that?   

« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 01:19 AM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2005, 01:30 AM »
There's about a 98% chance of me going "Colman" on Hasbro either in their booth or during the Q&A.

Hey!  >:(

JediMAC: LOL, I was really starting to wonder where my thread went. =p

Sorry, I was going to PM you, but then got caught up with a bunch of crap at the office.  Glad you found it.  ;)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2005, 09:11 AM »
Well I really do not understand why they do not repaint the SA clone either.  For some reason Hasbro does not like to utilize their SA clones.  You did not really see all that many of them for the Clone Wars line.  Which I could slightly understand since it was the CW line which was shortlived.  Although I don't know why they just did not put it out there for Saga line at the time?  Now ROTS comes along and they use that #6 mold and then turn around and give us the SA version.  Which really makes know sense if you think about it.  Just send out the SA version initially.  Why even bother making the #6 when you already have SA?  I thought they were all about saving money on molds, etc?

Now we have #6 being used as repaints for the Red Shock Trooper and 3 of the 501st troopers in the Jedi Temple Raid set.  Why can't the SA be used for those instead.  It is a better version than #6.  I can totally live with #6 but you would think they would want to use the SA version. 

It's like they think the SA is too good to use.  Why?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2005, 10:19 AM »
The only possible explanation is that it costs more money to produce and assemble the figure with extra parts and they're (as always) keeping their costs down knowing that the #6 clone will sell too.

I could be wrong, but that's all I've been able to come up with.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2005, 10:30 AM »

There's no excuse to ever use that horseback riding #6 pile of garbage

All 90 of my figure bubbles were devoid of the horse accessory.  I gotta write Hasbro a letter.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda