Author Topic: EP3 Clonetroopers  (Read 67091 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: EP3 Clonetroopers
« Reply #150 on: August 7, 2005, 08:17 PM »
And I know it will upset some of our members, but I am going to get the usual dozen of the new Target Stealth Clone.
You can have all the ones I'm not buying. :P

I want at least half a dozen 501st, though! Was there a 501st commander in the movie? How many men are in a, what's the term, squad? Batallion? Can't wait to surround Zett and the youglings with these bastards! :D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 7, 2005, 08:39 PM »
And I know it will upset some of our members, but I am going to get the usual dozen of the new Target Stealth Clone.

I want at least half a dozen 501st, though! Was there a 501st commander in the movie? How many men are in a, what's the term, squad? Batallion? Can't wait to surround Zett and the youglings with these bastards! :D

The 501st commander isn't shown in the movie, but Darth Delicious did post a pic somewhere, I think in the customizing section, of Commanders Appo and Faie.  Appo looks like Gree crossed with a 501st trooper, just picture a 501st trooper with the suspenders and Gree colored eye visor.

EDIT:  Here's Commander Appo of the 501st, courtesy of Darth Delicious' feverish search:

« Last Edit: August 7, 2005, 08:44 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 7, 2005, 08:54 PM »
EDIT:  Here's Commander Appo of the 501st, courtesy of Darth Delicious' feverish search:

I have seen that before. Didn't notice he was 501st. Suspenders, WTF... Faie looks interesting. Well, I hope they make both. I need a commander for the Baby-Killer Squad!

Were the black pilots in the flick??
« Last Edit: August 7, 2005, 09:18 PM by Ook »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 7, 2005, 09:23 PM »

The Green Commander's only flaw is his lack of troops to command. 

That, plus the fact it never appeared in a Star Wars film.

But if I lived by that creed I'd have to get rid of all my white clones and my 24 Target Clones...I'll choose to belive they appeared in the part of the movie I missed when I went to get more Milk Duds...

Besides, I don't have the ability to view every pixel and square inch of film, I'll take a leap of faith and give him the benefit of the doubt of being in the movie. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 7, 2005, 09:37 PM »

The Green Commander's only flaw is his lack of troops to command. 

That, plus the fact it never appeared in a Star Wars film.

But if I lived by that creed I'd have to get rid of all my white clones and my 24 Target Clones...I'll choose to belive they appeared in the part of the movie I missed when I went to get more Milk Duds...

White clones were fairly obvious IMO.  They clearly appeared behind Mace and Yoda on a gunship, and clearly appeared at gunning stations during the space battle.  They also were laying dead on the floor of the temple after the attack, when Obi Wan and Yoda were walking a hall.

About Neyo's Target troop, yeah, I don't think it appeared in the film personally.  I think the trooper next to Neyo that blasted the female Jedi had a helmet like Neyo.

Though I am impressed by the expenditure of 24 Target clones at 12.99, I haven't heard of anyone scoring that many!  One time I was in Target and saw a bunch on the pegs, and some guy came buy and took them all except the one I had in my hand.  I didn't buy it anyhow.

No personal foul in liking technically-EU clones, it's just not my bag.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 7, 2005, 09:39 PM »

Were the black pilots in the flick??

I did not notice them.  I think they're just Hasbro's EU attempt to link the clone pilot to a TIE pilot.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: August 8, 2005, 12:52 AM »
No black pilots in the film...  As near as I can tell, the only pilot variation we would've been shown that got axed was the V-Wing Pilot...  He's a HUGE change too, and not much like any other pilot except his helmet is closer to a TIE Pilot's in look, but color he's like nobody else.

I'm all for the EU stuff, even if it's not in any EU material but Hasbro-made...  They have the Clone Commander mold, so I'm all for milking that to get more Clone COmmanders (I also treat that sculpt as an E3 era ARC Trooper's uniform...  I personally don't bite on all the ARC's dying off, or new ones not being trainded/created).  To that end I could fit the green CC in anywhere really, or just make him part of a green legion...

Same with the black pilots and such...  The Target Clone's I just treat as Neyo Grunts we don't see.  I'm sure that planet had more than 2 guys (the Commander and what I'd assume was an aide or accompanying officer) roaming about...  It's all in what you like though.  I'd take a Super Articulated Kyle Katarn figure and Darktrooper you could fit a SA figure into over any of these. :)  The ultimate EU figs IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 8, 2005, 11:56 AM »
I'm with Jesse on the Target Clone deal.  Even though both of the BARC clones on Saelucami had the same helmet, and none of the Target Clones were on screen at all, I would assume they were the "unseen grunts" of the Saleucami task force.  As such, I'm more than happy to have one in my collection. :)

If it's a Clone Commander/Grunt/whatever variant that looks like it could have been in the film, I have no problem with it.  Even though I'll probably end up getting one of the Stealth Clones and the black pilot (if I ever see one), they're a little less interesting to me than something like the Shocktrooper, or Bacara's grunts from Mygeeto.  A Clone Commander with green markings is fine with me from an EU perspective, but when you start getting stuff like the POTF2 Crowd Control Stormtrooper, that's when I begin to pass on them.

In reference to the "weirdo" helmet and 501st Commander photo posted by Dressel, that photo comes from the "Art of ROTS" book, and there is a second photo of Commander Faie to the left of the aforementioned photo that has him wearing a kind of "mini-cloak."  Also of note is that the red Clone Commander that we've already gotten as an action figure is identified as an "ARC Trooper (Color Variation)" in the photo to the right of the Neyo/501st/Faie photo.

And just for completion's sake, an excerpt from the text:

Lucas's desire for individualized clone trooper armor as expressed during the very first art department meeting back in April 2002, has a continuing effect throughout  post-production as Jaeger creates several outfit variations.  Though they are essentially dictated by climate, some are takeoffs on the armor seen in the Clone Wars cartoons, while others are throwbacks (or throwforwards) to the Episode IV desert stormtroopers.

Also of note (although not relevant to this discussion) is that pictured on this same page are four photos of differing "deco damage" on the MagnaDroid bodyguards, one of which is the white version that everyone shook their heads at from Hasbro's "Final 12" ROTS figures.

And just to plug it (since I really like it myself), the Art of ROTS book is a great resource and a really good insight (like all the art books for SW) into where a lot of the characters came from.  Well worth picking up.

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 8, 2005, 03:45 PM »

The 501st commander isn't shown in the movie, but Darth Delicious did post a pic somewhere, I think in the customizing section, of Commanders Appo and Faie.  Appo looks like Gree crossed with a 501st trooper, just picture a 501st trooper with the suspenders and Gree colored eye visor.

I think the 501st w/ suspenders was supposed to be Gree. Because in the Attactix, it shows Gree but colored blue insyead of green.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 8, 2005, 04:07 PM »
The Target clone DID have an appearance...it's on one of the movie posters-I think the republic/jedi one-if you can count that for anything.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2005, 03:07 PM »
This seems like as good a place as any to post this...

By some miracle, the #54 AT-RT (pka Turbo Tank) Driver is in stock at HasbroToyShop.com   :o

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=219&ID=16418
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2005, 07:59 PM »
I noticed that yesterday, it's the corrected version

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2005, 11:40 AM »
Has anyone figured out which case rotations contain which re-paints?

I just found a wave 6 case that had two each of 54-56, but no repaints, it was W6R2.

There is a case with black clone pilots and one without, both have the other re-paints (although the one without will sometimes have the white #6 in place of the red one) and no Sentry. Anyone catch the Rotaion numbers?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2005, 07:35 AM »
Has anyone figured out which case rotations contain which re-paints?

I just found a wave 6 case that had two each of 54-56, but no repaints, it was W6R2.

There is a case with black clone pilots and one without, both have the other re-paints (although the one without will sometimes have the white #6 in place of the red one) and no Sentry. Anyone catch the Rotaion numbers?

W6R3 is usually the case with the Green Commander and Shock Trooper. Usually cause I opened up a few cases some had the Red Shock and Green Commander and some had Regular White #6 and Green Commander.  ??? I dont know which one has the Black Clone Pilot. Still looking for that one myself.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 13, 2005, 02:57 AM »
I dont know which one has the Black Clone Pilot. Still looking for that one myself.

Perhaps that is W6R1.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 02:58 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."