Author Topic: EP3 Clonetroopers  (Read 67117 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Future Clone Troopers
« Reply #15 on: May 9, 2005, 12:12 PM »
Wow that's a lot of stuff... almost too much for me.  Anyone else having Clone overload?

:P

Yeah - me as well - seems a little TOO odd that we go from so much individuality and allowed variation in armor markings to faceless soldiers of the Empire. I guess the idea might be to show that the Jedi allowed the Clones to develop their own individualities and when the Emperor takes over, he takes that away from them, so even though they are used to control the empire even they have lost something.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 9, 2005, 12:47 PM »
This is a spoiler question (so a "yes" or "no" with no explanation will do just fine), but is Order 66 just an order that Palpatine gives or is it some kind of post-hypnotic suggestion type thing that simultaneously gives the final order to eliminate the Jedi and brings all the Clones under his direct and total control? 

I've always wondered if it was the latter, since by the time of the OT, all the originality and distinct armor styles for individual troops was nonexistent; making them total subservient automatons would pretty much wipe out that need for individualized armor and identities.

That Clone guy with Yoda is awesome looking; he'd be my first choice for a figure.  Cody would be cool too, mainly since he was seen in the CW cartoon first, and it's always nice to see a CW character tie into the films (at least for me, Grievous will be a CW character who went into the movies, rather than the other way around).  I really wish that Hasbro would just ship the hell out of either the #6 or #41 Clone (if only the latter didn't have that antenna) and keep repainting them until they've exhausted all options for grunts.  Needless to say, this won't happen, as Clones apparently don't sell as well as constantly reshipped Obi-Wans and Anakins and Yodas (I guess that's why I see so many of the latter and none of the former hanging around these days).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: May 9, 2005, 04:10 PM »
I think Clones are needing a multi-pack at this point...  Large box sets of multi-colored grunts, and an officers set too.  And ya know it'd sell like crazy.

Great topic Scott, love all the pictures and this hashes a lot out that I have been confused on.  Someone was trying to build a Commander Cody in customizing and I couldn't picture who the hell he was.  Now I know.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 9, 2005, 04:12 PM »
I really want the blue ones that Anakin marches into the Temple with.  The orange one with Palpatine hologram.  And that green one with Yoda. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 9, 2005, 04:19 PM »
Commanders Gree and Cody are a MUST.

As are the Blue and Red Shocktrooper versions.

Bly isn't really an issue IMHO 'cause he is VERY similar to the yellow clone commander coming in the Evolutions 3-pack.

Where it gets tricky (and less likely we'll see figures) are where the helmets are DRASTICALLY different then the regular grunts. Like Commanders Fox and Neyo. I'm kinda puzzled by the looks of their helments.

I can understand the Jedi allowing the clone commanders to assert their identity, but it just doesn't seem feasible that they would also receive custom helmets. Making colored variants is easy, you can almost imagine them sitting around waiting for action and then each legion painting on their own markings - but a completely differently molded helmet?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 9, 2005, 05:14 PM »
AAHHHHH, I got brain freeze from the clone overload. :-\

But there is a better chance of gas going down to 25 cents/gallon than Hasbro making all those clones.  I would change my name to Susan :P if Hasbro even makes half of them.

Gatillo
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #21 on: May 9, 2005, 05:19 PM »
That's a fantastic list and collection of pictures, Scott.

Although all of them should be made eventually, my first picks would be
-- Cmdr Cody (originally I didn't like the added visor but it's grown on me)
-- Cmdr Fox
-- Green-striped grunt
-- red Coruscant shock trooper
and fan favorite
-- Cmdr Appo

I'm not a fan of the camo troopers since they seem to go against the design logic of the OT. (The green-armored officer is Commander Gree. Har har. ::))

And Pete, from my very brief flip through the VisDic I think it mentioned something about those helmets having different breathing filters for alien environmental conditions. Still doesn't quite explain why only the commanders seem to have them and not their respective grunts....
« Last Edit: May 9, 2005, 05:20 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: May 9, 2005, 05:22 PM »
I don't really care if we get all the Clones with the pretty paint schemes.  As otheres have said, it's not too hard to paint/repaint clones yourself.  Just find the right shade of paint and a #6 or #41 Clone and you're off!

What I would like to see though are all the unique Clone Commanders - those with the different helmets/armor designs, like #33 and Bacarra.  I'm glad we're getting Bly in the Evolutions set and I'd like to see Commander Cody and the other Commanders too.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 9, 2005, 05:48 PM »
I hope we get Cody, we're getting a Bacarra fig, and he plays around the same role as Cody.

While I'd personally like to see a figure of each type made (they did this with Imperials), I would like the leaders more. I know I would only need one of each. But then again, they'll probably give us the colored shock troopers next year when retail is clogged with the Anakins and Obi-Wans, like in 2003. ::)

Unless they made a case of Clones and only Clones...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: May 9, 2005, 08:12 PM »
I think they can safely pump out 5-6 of these guys a year.  Really, we have pretty good OT Troops (I guess I'll take a new Scout and Snow and Gunner) but these have been selling like crazy and people seem to be going nuts over them

Gree and Cody are at the top of my list but the blue 501st are also right up there as me wantees

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #25 on: May 9, 2005, 08:51 PM »
I hope they do them all, but Cody is a must, as is Gree.  I find it odd they didn't lead out with color variations, since they did it with the royal guard. 

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 9, 2005, 09:46 PM »
Wow Great Topic Scott!!!!

While I can see how some people could get Clone Burn Out, this is the treatment I always wanted the OT Army Builders to get...and this is my first PT movie to get figures from.

I'll just list the preference of the ones listed in order:

BARC trooper (do I even need to mention he needs the Super Articulation treatment)

Commander Cody (his helmet is my favorite "Commander" helmet)

Neyo (need him to lead the Target troops)

V Wing Pilot (the current Pilot is missing something with the painted face)

Cmdr Appo (or his 501st Trooper)

Cmdr Gree (or his Trooper)

Red Shock Trooper

Cmdr Fox (this is my least Favorite Cmdr Helmet, which is like saying it is my least favorite Supermodel to ......well lets just say somebody had to be last, but I would take them over any Jedi any day)

I think Clones are needing a multi-pack at this point... Large box sets of multi-colored grunts, and an officers set too. And ya know it'd sell like crazy.

Like the TRu multi-packs?  I'd like to see something more along the lines of the TRU GI JOE 6 Packs (but with much better execution) they had multiple weapons per figure, usually 1 Officer and 5 Army Builder types.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2005, 08:05 AM »
Personally I hope that Hasbro decides to make the V-Wing with a pilot.  But I doubt that will happen. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2005, 09:42 AM »
Personally I hope that Hasbro decides to make the V-Wing with a pilot.  But I doubt that will happen. 

I'm hoping for this as well. They need a vehicle like the V-Wing to refresh the Assault (Mid-size) vehicle assortment - the Plo Koon old-school Jedi Starfighter just doesn't cut it in my book.

I wouldn't mind if they put out a wave that was Obi-Wan's Blue Jedi Starfighter (the one he takes to Utapau) and the V-Wing - one new vehicle, one re-painted vehicle.

I would also prefer that (based on past pack-in figures) that they NOT pack a V-Wing pilot in with the fighter and release him as a SA individually carded figure.
Peter

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2005, 02:42 PM »
Not sure who fights with Plo Koon (I would guess a V-Wing Pilot although there are rumors to the contrary) and if there are Clones with Mace at the Beginning of the movie or who is with Stass Allie...

There's a shot out there of Plo Koon in the cockpit of a fighter with a couple of ARC-170's behind him, Scott.  You might want to do a google image search for Plo Koon.

Like so:

« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 02:48 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback