Author Topic: EP3 Clonetroopers  (Read 67273 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: EP3 Clonetroopers
« Reply #90 on: July 8, 2005, 03:44 PM »
Did you ask them if they would please release everyone's favorite action figure - Cantina Han Solo for the 12th time?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: July 8, 2005, 03:48 PM »
Did you ask them if they would please release everyone's favorite action figure - Cantina Han Solo for the 12th time?

Oooh... how about a Han vs. the Clone Commanders line of 2-packs!  Just imagine the possibilities!

Cantina Han vs. Commander Cody!
Cantina Han vs. Commander Thire!
Cantina Han vs. Commander Bly!

Awesome!  Then we could really get building on our Cantina Han Army!  I just can't get enough of Cantina Han! 

Jeff
 ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 8, 2005, 05:45 PM »
I think they slapped different colors on them in the movies, just do they could get more cash outta toys.

NO I didn't JUST think of that! =p
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
New Number 6 and 35 Paint Variants
« Reply #93 on: July 9, 2005, 09:50 AM »
Well (and about a month or so too late in my opinion), Hasbro has decided to do paint variants on previously released ROTS Clone figures for the basic line.  Galactic Hunter is reporting that Hasbro is doing the following to figures in upcoming assortments:

-The #6 Clone Trooper will now have a Red Shocktrooper paint scheme (the ones from the Senate and Mustafar)

-The #35 Clone Commander will now have a green paint scheme (as opposed to the original red)

That's the good news.  The bad news?  Once again, each of these will be shipping at one per case in an assortment with several earlier figures.  So if the current stocking situation at retail isn't already giving you a headache, it's probably going to get a lot worse.

I'm putting my request in right off the bat for someone to hook me up with one of each if they run across them, and I'll be sure to pick up extras if I see them for someone here as well.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 9, 2005, 09:52 AM »
According to a report on GalacticHunter - paint op variants of Clonetrooper #6 (red shock trooper) and a green? repaint of Clone Commander - unfortunately the case where these come the figures are packed only 1 per case - another EXCELLENT decision on Hasbro's part - I think most people are going to want to army build the Shocktrooper variant of Clone #6 and at one per case, that will be HARD.

Also - they don't know if the SA Clone (#41) will also have a new paint op. My guess is that it will be the 501st Legion Blue Markings, but there aren't any reports of evidence of that yet.

Great news, huh?  :P
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 9, 2005, 10:10 AM »
This is definitely welcome news, and I hope that we continue to see variants like this down the road.  It is too bad it sounds like they will be near impossible to find though, so hopefully we can all help each other out here if anyone finds extras.  I'm with DoctorPadawan, if anyone runs across an extra of the red marked (Senate/Mustafar) Clone that they don't want/need, put me on the list :P.  Hopefully we'll see some more "versions" of these at Comic-Con...I like Pete_Fett's idea of the 501st Blue (#41) Clone.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 9, 2005, 10:49 AM »
OK, so if Commander Thire is the red repaint of the basic clone #6, who is the green repaint of the Clone Commander #33 supposed to be?  I guess just another generic Commander.

Repaints of Clones are nice to see, especially when they are Clones other than those 3-packs.

According to GH, these repaints can be found in Case 85173F: (from Entertainment Earth):

1x Yoda (EIII #26)
2x General Grievous (EIII #9)
1x Clone Trooper (EIII #6)
2x Darth Vader (EIII #11)
1x Emperor Palpatine (EIII #12)
1x Clone Commander (EIII #33)
1x Clone Trooper (EIII #41)
1x Commander Baccarra (EIII #49)
1x Turbo Tank Driver (EIII #54)
1x Obi-Wan Pilot (EIII #56).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 9, 2005, 11:12 AM »
Cool repaints.  I get the feeling  ;) that more Clone repaints could be just around the corner.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 9, 2005, 11:47 AM »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 9, 2005, 12:00 PM »
True these will be hard to come by at first, but I am sure they will be released in greater quantities before too long.  Hasbro is finally learning after 10 years that there is a demand for army builders.

:P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 9, 2005, 12:11 PM »
Yeah, but with so many other figures warming the pegs, retailers aren't going to order much anymore.  I think it's still going to be a bitch to find these.   :(

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 9, 2005, 01:29 PM »
Sweet, movie accurate Clones! I just wish they were all using the SA body, but the QD Clone is pretty good. Plus, anything is better than nothing I suppose.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 9, 2005, 02:11 PM »
I think the idea of paint variants for the Clones is, as I said before, a good idea but done a little too late in order to be beneficial.  Retail is choking on figures right now, and with the movie over, as far as they are concerned, they don't have to allot more than eight pegs and a shelf or two below that to Star Wars anymore.  Releasing what is sure to be a duo of guaranteed sellers now, when stores are cutting back on ordering and stocking, is going to be a headache, especially since Hasbro, in their infinite wisdom, has packed them at one per case. 

If HasbroToyShop.com was worth a crap, they could sell them through there, but they can't even keep their own products in stock, and it appears that they haven't updated their stocking since last month at the most recent.

True these will be hard to come by at first, but I am sure they will be released in greater quantities before too long.  Hasbro is finally learning after 10 years that there is a demand for army builders.

Chewie, just to play devil's advocate here...

-Darktrooper
-Spacetrooper
-Super Articulated Clone Trooper (Clone Wars)
-ARC Trooper (Red Version)

All four were released at the tail end of their particular assortments and none were ever any easier to find, with their shelf lives lasting no more than a month, at best.

With retail cutting back on ordering and stocking, I have a bad feeling about this.   :-\

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 9, 2005, 03:17 PM »
QD clonetrooper?
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #104 on: July 9, 2005, 03:29 PM »
Green?  GREEN?   ::)  Sometimes you can't win for losing with these guys.  Sigh.