Author Topic: EP3 Clonetroopers  (Read 67113 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: EP3 Clonetroopers
« Reply #105 on: July 9, 2005, 05:42 PM »
Damn.

I can't even get the 2nd R2-D2 around here, much less one-per-case army builders.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #106 on: July 9, 2005, 11:07 PM »
Well i like this approach, i hope Hasbro continues this with even more clones.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

SilverZ

« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2005, 04:28 AM »
I'm in complete agreement with you on this, DocP. This is a good idea way too late in the game.

First, although I'm in the minority, I hate the #6 Clone. It's existence, to me, is completely unjustifiable after the #41 SA. What reason, with the movie gone and kids already drifting from the line, there is to lean on the action feature rubbish is beyond me. The #41 Clone is the standard, and anything less is just a waste of time.

Second, that ratio is terrible. Beyond that one revision casepack, there's only one other potential case that these could show up in, at least that have been announced. They had better pull out a Clone Army case or there'll be hell to pay. I'm not ordering two cases of the one confirmed case of theirs just to get the clones. I don't know what they are thinking, and if they are indeed thinking, they're malicious bastards for pulling a stunt like this.

I really, really appreciate the repaints. It's a great idea. It's too late to pull this off and make collectors happy. Unless there's better Clone Army cases coming that we don't know about.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2005, 04:38 AM »
I have a hope for either a Clone Case or something...  But this wouldn't surprise me if we are seeing basically all there is...

I like the idea.  I like the green Commander (I'd like a Yellow, green, Red, Orange, and Blue variant of the CC myself, whether on-screen or not), and I like the idea of the red Coruscant Clones that seemed to be a personal-use legion...  All perfectly good ideas, but case assortments are a concern.

I hold hope for some case where these are plentiful and this case showing up in droves...  A Clone (all Clone) case would go a long way right now.

I like the #6 Clone enough...  I think #6 and #41 shipping in these legion colors would be neat though.  What I like for #6 is he can go prone while #41 really can't...  I see where you're coming from on it though as well Jared.  #41 is still my favored figure if I had to pick one over the other.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2005, 05:59 AM »
Well crap Doc P.  You may be right.  Those figures you mentioned were at the tail end of their assortments, and proved damn hard to get.  But, I will say this... those figures weren't in lines supported by a movie... plus, we are getting the DVD release in November, which could lead to a minor boost in retail shipments...

As for the using of the #6 Clone, it's kinda lame considering how great the #41 Clone is, but I'll take it.  The #6 Clone still comes close to walking on water for me.

What I would really, really like to see is two separate army-building waves come out in late summer...

WAVE ONE

- AT-TE Gunner x 2
- Felucia Clone x 2 
- Red Shocktrooper x 2
- Blue 501st Clone x 2
- Red Royal Guard x 2
- Battle Droid x 2

WAVE TWO

- Mygeeto Clone x 3
- BARC Trooper x 3
- SA Clone # 41 x 2
- AT-RT Driver x 2
- Sneak Preview Wookiee Warrior repaint x 2

The Battle Droid has totally dried up... I know some people around here hate the figure, but it really did sell well from what I saw.  I could use a few more.

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2005, 11:47 AM »

Second, that ratio is terrible. Beyond that one revision casepack, there's only one other potential case that these could show up in, at least that have been announced. They had better pull out a Clone Army case or there'll be hell to pay.  I don't know what they are thinking, and if they are indeed thinking, they're malicious bastards for pulling a stunt like this.

I really, really appreciate the repaints. It's a great idea. It's too late to pull this off and make collectors happy. Unless there's better Clone Army cases coming that we don't know about.

I couldn't agree more. It's like they're sticking it to the loyal customers.  Looks like a good question for Coleman to ask. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2005, 08:05 PM »
Not just the loyal collecters, no kid wants just one trooper!

it just makes sense, 1 of each of like the 6 main charactes, then armies.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2005, 08:48 PM »

I hope that there is a clone-friendly case coming, or maybe the new color Clones will continue to ship with rumored #57-#68 that will be shown at SDCC this week.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2005, 09:47 PM »
 I just hope I can find the red shocktrooper someplace.  I doubt it though.  I can't even find those deluxe clonetrooper 3 packs.  I do not even want those 3 packs.  So, I can just imagine the availability of this 1 per case shocktrooper.  Sigh.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2005, 08:32 AM »
Chewie has a good idea.

Make this case available to ee.com or somewhere similar - much easier to get these figures for people who can't make toy runs 2-3 times a week.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2005, 02:57 PM »
http://www.thejawa.com/nuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1405

Looks like we're getting the Special Ops Clone x3!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2005, 03:04 PM »
http://www.thejawa.com/nuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1405

Looks like we're getting the Special Ops Clone x3!

Yeah - this explains why the #6 clone is getting repainted red - they're giving us the 501st blue repainted #6 in a box with three of them at a time.

While I'm sure people will be-moan the fact that there won't (at least initially) be an individually carded 501st trooper, at least this box set will allow for quick accumulation of a small legion of the blue troopers!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2005, 03:39 PM »
while this sounds pretty cool, I think I'll pass.  considering past boxed sets they'll probably go for bout $20 a pop and since I only want 3 of the 5 figs I think I'll save my money and buy some blue paint and seek out a couple more clones.  nobody is building an army of Anakin's so I'll be stuck with those and the pilots are warming the pegs as we speak so nobody'll want those either I'm stuck with 2 figs I really don't want.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2005, 04:04 PM »
while this sounds pretty cool, I think I'll pass.  considering past boxed sets they'll probably go for bout $20 a pop and since I only want 3 of the 5 figs I think I'll save my money and buy some blue paint and seek out a couple more clones.  nobody is building an army of Anakin's so I'll be stuck with those and the pilots are warming the pegs as we speak so nobody'll want those either I'm stuck with 2 figs I really don't want.

True, but I view the $20 price tag (if that's what it is) as a small price to pay to get 3 501st Clones at once. I will probably end up getting two of these just to open and put one of the Anakins with a Starfighter and the extra pilots while not being the best army builder, they are STILL army builders.

If I had my choice on the Anakin figure - it would be the #28 Slashing Attack Anakin figure with the cloak from the #50 Anakin figure - so you could have a figure similar to how Anakin appeared as he walked up the steps to the temple.

I'll have to try combining the Crispy Anakin's cloak with my Slashing Attack Anakin and see how it looks. That kit-bashed figure would be better IMHO than another Anakin #2.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2005, 04:33 PM »
Pete I hear what you're saying, but in regards to that kit bashed Ani I was thinking along the same line but instead of the slashing Ani waiting for the Evolutions Ani and using him with the cloak from crispy Ani.  Now if I could only get both figures I'd be set with the ULTIMATE ANAKIN SKYWALKER (insert evil laugh here).
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge