Author Topic: Obi-Wan's Blue Jedi Starfighter  (Read 23774 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Obi-Wan's Blue Jedi Starfighter
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2005, 11:44 PM »
I was hoping they would of had one of those better together things with the Anakin Green Starfighter. I never saw that at TRU.
I remember my dream now.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2005, 09:28 PM »
Galactic Hunter is reporting that at least one person has gotten a replacement label sheet (with a confirmation scan) for the Obi-Wan JSF. 

I think it's great that Hasbro is finally doing something about this, and I'm really hoping that I find the replacement label sheet I inquired about about two months ago in my mailbox before I move.  I'm also curious if the correct label sheets are showing up in the newer Obi-Wan JSFs or if this is another one of those "if you don't ask, you don't get it" deals.

And yes, once I have my correct label sheet in my hands and subsequently apply them to the ship, I'll stop my bitching.  :P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2005, 03:17 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, DP!  Over at GH, they mentioned you had to go to Hasbro's site and fill out a form to request the correct stickers.  Has anyone had any luck actually finding that form?  I searched Hasbro's site for quite a while...  :-\

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2005, 01:16 PM »
Jesse, I checked high and low and the only thing I found as far as a form goes is in their customer service section.  You can go to "Missing Parts" or something and use a pull-down menu to purchase replacement parts for several toys (this might be useful for some of you customizers), but there is no listing for the Obi-Wan JSF anywhere on it.

In the FAQ section, there is an entry for the Obi-Wan JSF in the second pull-down menu under "Star Wars" but when I attempted to select it, the screen it brough up said "0 Entries Found."  So who knows what they're doing or not doing.

I ended up sending an email to them making yet another request for a replacement label sheet, supplying a link to the GH article and photo in the process, but who knows if that will do any good.  I just hope that everyone is able to get their sheet and put this whole mess behind us.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2005, 01:23 PM »
I ended up sending an email to them making yet another request for a replacement label sheet, supplying a link to the GH article and photo in the process, but who knows if that will do any good.  I just hope that everyone is able to get their sheet and put this whole mess behind us.

Well, it's worth a shot.  I just got my hands on this ship (still haven't actually opened it yet), so it would certainly be nice to have the correct stickers for when I do open it.  That's a great idea sending a link to the pic at GH.

...edit:  Here's my e-mail to them:

"I recently purchased the Star Wars Toys R Us Exclusive Blue Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter.  I noticed that the included decals are not blue to match this ship.  However, www.GalacticHunter.com recently posted a news article stating that we could request a new decal sheet as shown on this web page: http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=5007&zoneid=2

Please send a decal sheet to my address:
Jesse Wall
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
Canada [we'll see if this is a problem]

Thanks in advance!
Jesse Wall"
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 01:39 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2005, 04:50 PM »
I'll be getting my Obi Wan JSK on Tuesday Im hpng they've changed the sticker sheet but most likely I'll have to go the same route as everyone else.
I remember my dream now.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2005, 09:51 AM »
Just received the follow-up email (very fast) from Hasbro CS.  Basically, the email looks to be a form letter (why they called me "Neal" in the text of the email but my proper name in the salutation I don't know, but anywa) and it says that they apologize for any inconvenience the incorrect label sheet may have caused and that they will ship a sheet to me free of charge as quickly as possible.

So check your email boxes folks, as it appears that something is finally going to be done about this mess.  And if someone has trouble getting the CS to answer through email, Hasbro Consumer Affairs' toll free number is 1-800-327-8264.  :)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2005, 08:59 PM »
And speaking of Hasbro's 800 number...

Earlier today, I decided to call HCA and ask what the status was on the OWJSF label sheet I had requested through them.  They told me that the replacement label sheet had been mailed on October 13 and that I should receive it in 7-10 business days.

Late this afternoon (four days later), I opened my mailbox and found the replacement label sheet waiting on me.  The labels (which are a bit glossier than the ones with the open stock Anakin and Obi-Wan JSFs) are now applied to the ship, and R4-G9 is no longer a candidate for Penthouse Droid of the Year.

I will now stop my bitching.  :)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 6, 2005, 07:28 PM »
Ok, I finally got around to opening my OBJSF and it has the Anakin SF stickers. Without having to go back and find it cause Im lazy, what is the email address for Hasbro CS so I can get the correct label sheet?
I remember my dream now.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 7, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Ok, I finally got around to opening my OBJSF and it has the Anakin SF stickers. Without having to go back and find it cause Im lazy, what is the email address for Hasbro CS so I can get the correct label sheet?

I'm in need of this myself.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Last Edit: November 7, 2005, 05:00 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 7, 2005, 09:44 PM »
Thank you
I remember my dream now.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 7, 2005, 11:19 PM »
I filled out the missing parts and I got my stickers in less then a week! I have to say that Hasbro came through on this after messing it up so I have to give them kudos on that at least.
I got one so I could get the holo emperor and mainly because my son wanted it. It looks awesome with a Pilot Obi Wan in there!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 9, 2005, 06:57 PM »
So, long story short, I got one of these and have experienced the same situation as everyone else with the same solutions. My question is, has anyone had any luck fitting an R2 unit in the droid cavity? The label application instruction sheet says that most R2 units will fit in the cavity but since I don't have a ROTS version open my POTF2 version doesn't fit and my new early bird one doesn't either. My vintage one does but it just doesn't look right. Anyone have any luck with this?
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #74 on: November 9, 2005, 08:37 PM »
They don't really fit in all the way and they easily fall out.  I would not say they fit, it is more like they can go in there.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.