Author Topic: Obi-Wan's Blue Jedi Starfighter  (Read 23768 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Obi-Wan's Blue Jedi Starfighter
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2005, 10:14 AM »
Hasbro's motto, circa 1995-2000:   "We Really Do Care!"

Hasbro's motto, circa 2001-present:  "**** You, Pay Me"

(Thank you, Martin Scorsese and Ray Liotta) :)

I don't think they inserted the wrong sticker sheet purposely, Pete, but I do think that they're being irresponsible by not correcting their mistake.  As I said earlier in the thread, when I asked them why, they gave me some half-hearted excuse about it being a retailer exclusive and they couldn't do anything about replacement parts, but when called on that, they clammed up completely. 

I guess they're too busy cranking out Sewage Treatment Clone Troopers to care.   :-\

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2005, 01:11 AM »
I got my ship today and have not opened it, does anyone have a scan of the incorrect stickers that come with it?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2005, 06:08 AM »
Forgive me if this got covered earlier in the thread, but did the price on these things go UP to $29.99 recently?!?  I just picked one up for JesseVader08, and it rang up for the $30 price, which I thought seemed a bit odd, since I remembered this being cheaper than Anakin's version.  So when I got home, I checked out my receipt for the two Obi Fighters I got a couple months ago, and sure enough, mine were only the usual $25 a piece (different store though).

I'm kinda pissed now, since I was pretty sure the $25 was the price across the board on these things everywhere.  Has anyone else had to pay $30 like I just did?

Anthony, if you read this, did you get yours at the Sherman Way TRU by your house, and if so, what'd they run you, if you remember?  That's where I got Jesse's 2 days ago...  :-\

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2005, 09:01 AM »
The Anakin one was 30 but the Obi-Wan one has been 25 since they came out, at least around me.

That is odd, maybe TRU noticed their mistake.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 09:02 AM by Gatillo »
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2005, 09:14 AM »
I got my ship today and have not opened it, does anyone have a scan of the incorrect stickers that come with it?

TJ, the sticker sheet that came with it is the same one that came with the mass-market Anakin Jedi Starfighter (the yellow version), so if JD's stellar photo archive doesn't have a scan, I'm sure one of the other sites online should have a scan of it.

Forgive me if this got covered earlier in the thread, but did the price on these things go UP to $29.99 recently?!?

Yeah, they went up to 30 not too long after they hit, Matt.  I'd say they were 25 for roughly a month, and then all of a sudden they went to 30.  The 30 for the Mustafar JSF didn't bother me, since it looked like actual work when into it, but 30 for the Utapau JSF is really pushing it, considering all the corners that were cut.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2005, 11:19 AM »
Forgive me if this got covered earlier in the thread, but did the price on these things go UP to $29.99 recently?!?  I just picked one up for JesseVader08, and it rang up for the $30 price, which I thought seemed a bit odd, since I remembered this being cheaper than Anakin's version.  So when I got home, I checked out my receipt for the two Obi Fighters I got a couple months ago, and sure enough, mine were only the usual $25 a piece (different store though).

I'm kinda pissed now, since I was pretty sure the $25 was the price across the board on these things everywhere.  Has anyone else had to pay $30 like I just did?

Anthony, if you read this, did you get yours at the Sherman Way TRU by your house, and if so, what'd they run you, if you remember?  That's where I got Jesse's 2 days ago...  :-\

I asked the same question on the last page - my friend got his for $24.99 and when I bought mine more recently it rang up $29.99

Early bird gets the worm I guess...

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2005, 03:31 PM »
Thanks Dr, I will check JD's database.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2005, 04:22 PM »
The Saga Continues...:)

I just got off the phone with a Hasbro CS rep to check on the status of my correct label sheet request.  She said that the labels were not in stock right now, but that they were waiting on a shipment to arrive and that she could put my label sheet request on backorder.  Now, whether or not this is for the actual blue/white Starfighter sheet we should have gotten to begin with, or if it's going to be another Hasbro bungle resulting in a lot of us getting label sheets for the mass market Obi-Wan JSF, I don't know, but I just thought I'd pass that information along.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2005, 04:33 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  I had no idea they bumped it up $5 not long after release.  Glad I got mine early then, but bummed Jesse's stuck with the $30 tag though...  Sorry I missed Rob's identical question on this on the prior page.  Yes, I'm a lazy bastard.

Speaking of which, I haven't followed Michael's sticker Saga for a little while now.  Is there any proof of corrected stickers being included in the later ships that came out, or is this still just a hopeful pipe dream that they've got some corrected ones sitting around somewhere...?  If there's corrected ones in the newer ships, then I'll likely buy another, and return one of my earlier purchased ones.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2005, 07:37 PM »
Speaking of which, I haven't followed Michael's sticker Saga for a little while now. Is there any proof of corrected stickers being included in the later ships that came out, or is this still just a hopeful pipe dream that they've got some corrected ones sitting around somewhere...?

Well, as yet I haven't been able to tell if Hasbro is even going to admit there is a problem that needs correcting.  They've known about this since the item's release (Jared was the first person to bring it up, and as far as I can tell, he was the first person-at least here-to find it and open it), they've had many complaints and requests for corrected label sheets, and they have yet to even address it on their website like they did with the recent Clone 3 pack color scheme update.

As for everyone else, I've yet to read of anyone opening the toy up and finding the correct blue sticker sheet.  I applied what I could to mine, but R4's still nekkid and the Republic logo looks ridiculous in that deep gray color against a solid white background.  Hasbro needs to address this soon, as there is no excuse for putting out a ****** product and then not addressing valid complaints from customers who overpaid for it in the first place.   >:(

(And yes, this whole label sheet snafu is probably my current winner for "Biggest Anger Inducing Move of the Year.")

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2005, 11:36 PM »
Well, DP, I think you deserve the award for "Most Stubborn Fan With A Legitimate Complaint Who May Actually Get Results For All Of His Hard Work."   8)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2005, 07:11 PM »
Well, DP, I think you deserve the award for "Most Stubborn Fan With A Legitimate Complaint Who May Actually Get Results For All Of His Hard Work."   8)

Nah, I'm just doing it to help myself and everyone else out.  If my bugging Hasbro gets them to send everyone who overpaid for this ship the correct stickers, then that's all I would like to see happen. 

And on a completely unrelated note, inspired by Jared's photo of said figure in said cockpit in the archives here, I picked up both Obi-Wan Pilot figures a local WM had yesterday to act as pilot for both Obi-Wan JSFs (Red and Blue).  The figure fits perfectly in the cockpit (the recesses to the left and right of the seat fit the arms like a glove!) and he looks incredible behind the controls.  Needless to say, the rather useless and awkward pack-in Obi-Wan was thrown into a box and will be given away to someone in the near future, because the Pilot Obi-Wan figure, while great on its own, looks incredible in the seat.

Now all I need is the correct label sheet.  NO MORE NAKED R4-G9 DAMMIT!   >:(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 7, 2005, 10:37 PM »
Thanks to California Matt, this ship showed up at the post office for me today.  It looks great!

I really like it when they window-box ships, and it sure would have been nice if all of the Jedi Starfighters had been windowboxed to really show off the 4 different colors.  It looks so good, I'm having a hard time opening it.   ;)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2005, 11:20 PM »
Obi Wan Blue Starfighter

For those who have yet to buy it. Comes with Free shipping.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 11:23 PM by Jeff »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2005, 11:24 PM »
Obi Wan Blue Starfighter

For those who have yet to buy it. Comes with Free shipping.

Wow, for $20 and free shipping, that's pretty tempting.  Of course, then I'd have to go back and track down the Anakin version...  :-[
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender