Author Topic: Clone Pilots! Now in black too...  (Read 8213 times)

Offline cCc2021

• Youngling
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Pilot!
« Reply #15 on: April 5, 2005, 12:44 AM »
I scored #33-36 this morning at Target in Middletown. Only 1 of each except Clone Pilot where there was 2. Checked 2 Kroger and they didnt have anything.

cCc

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 5, 2005, 02:03 AM »
These have only been on pegs for a few days, so within a couple weeks they should show up in better numbers.

It doesn't help that every ******* dealer with money to burn buys a bunch at a time, I'll say that.

This reminds me of the Anakin Hangar Duel, Yoda, and Dooku figures from last time. It took a few weeks, but they showed in better numbers eventually.

The only problem there is that the Anakin Hangar Duel, Yoda, and Dooku figures weren't army builders, so once people got one or two that they needed, they were easier to find. I have a bad feeling that all of the clones are going to be tough to come by, regardless of when or where. Just like the Stormtroopers and the Clones from the last movie and the Clone Wars line were.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #17 on: April 5, 2005, 02:46 AM »
Hm. That's true.

:(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 5, 2005, 03:40 AM »
just a heads up if you have any KROGER grocery stores in your area. i
found four untouched cases on pegs in the toy section that included
clone commander, clone pilot, #35 palpatine, and #36 grievous. they
were $5.99 each. a couple other local michigan collectors tipped me
off to start checking there yesterday.

Interesting.  Kroger owns Ralphs.  Wonder if we might see figs at Ralphs.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 5, 2005, 10:37 AM »
I was able to score a single Clone Pilot along with the Exploding Grievous and the Palpatine #35 (w/Anakin's lightsaber). I would have liked to also find the Clone Commander and a couple more pilots but there was only the three figures on the pegs....

Oh well - hopefully these will be plentiful soon...

All three of the Targets I frequent have no more in the back so they are going to definitely have to start getting more stuff in.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 5, 2005, 01:53 PM »
Found two Red Guards at Walmart today - yippeeeee

Thank God both cards were bent, or some MOMC collector may have already took them.

:P

Offline kailos

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 5, 2005, 06:18 PM »
my uncle find

32/34/38 4 me!!!

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 5, 2005, 07:24 PM »
I went into a Kroger today (I live in Ohio) and sure enough, they had #33-36 on the pegs along with some earlier numbered figs. They had 4 Commander, 4 Palpy, 4 exploding Grievous, and 8 pilot. They also had mid-size vehicles, small 'beast-size' vehicles, electronic sabers, Call Upon Yoda, vader voice changers, etc. The E3 novel was 25% off and Star Wars-packaged Skittles were 3 for $1.

Sorry, I guess I got kinda off track there, but yeah they had them. They were kinda pricey though and they refused to do a price match even though I 'just happened' to have the Target ad in my pocket that said they were $5. ;D :-\

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #23 on: April 5, 2005, 07:35 PM »
Alabama seems to have gotten only 1 through 32 or so - I have not found any figures from the Commando and up - which is a major bummer because the main purchases I had planned to make on MM was on Commando's and Clones.

>:(

I've seen 3 Red guards, I bought 2 (one carded, one loose), and my buddy bought the 3rd (which he says he'll keep carded).

Offline Newman

• Youngling
  • Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 5, 2005, 08:59 PM »
I personally have only seen figs up to #32, hopefully the new waves will be in soon. I'm just afraid that these suckers will be tough to get a hold of. I know at least the commander is going to be a very desirable figure.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: EP3 Clonetroopers
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2005, 10:03 AM »
Well, Galactic Hunter has news of yet another Clone repaint.  This time it's the Clone Pilot, whose uniform is now, for some unknown reason, now black. 

I have nothing against the repaint, but why Hasbro would choose to repaint one of the biggest pegwarmers out there (whose store doesn't have at least 30 of these?  Honestly?) and release the repaint this late in the game?  Why don't they do an Utapau repaint of the 41 Clone, since it's more recent?

Or using the Clone Pilot repaint logic, they can do a repaint of the Neimoidian Warrior, since everybody wants another one of those.   ::)

HOMER:  That was sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell.
MARGE:  Well, duh.  ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2005, 10:08 AM »
I saw that as well, interesting choice.  I'm with you, there are literally 20-30 of these at the Targets and Wal-Marts in town, and not exactly a figure that everyone is clamoring for.  The black varation, while cool because of the TIE Pilot-ish vibe, wasn't in the movie at all and seems an odd choice for a repaint.  Taking the SA clone and repainting it in all the different movie variations seems simple enough...they'd sell like hot cakes...but for some reason Hasbro hasn't quite figured it out.  I'm glad that we'll possibly be getting some different variations, but from the sounds of it everything is packed 1 per case and I don't look forward to trying to track all the variations down.  I think I'll likely stick to ones that were actually in the movies, unless I happen upon the others at retail.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2005, 10:13 AM »
I don't mind the pilot figure as much as most people do.  I'm glad they're sitting around - when they hit 2 bucks, I'm going to load up!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2005, 11:08 AM »
^^ I hear that!

As for the repainted pilot, he looks cool to me. I'll probably wait get one once they're on clearance with the other Clone pilots.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2005, 11:12 AM »
I like the Clone Pilots to.  I do have to admit that this figure is an odd choce for a repaint.  Given the fact it's essentially a pegwarmer Hasbro will undoubtedly put 3 or 4 of these black repaints in it's case assortment instead of 1 like the red shocktrooper and Green Clone Commader.  Ha-ha!