Author Topic: Target Exclusive Lava Reflection Anakin and Obi-Wan  (Read 30257 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Lava Reflection Anakin and Obi-Wan
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2005, 09:44 AM »
DUMB!  I think Target is becoming the biggest rip off retailer around when it comes to Star Wars collectibles.  Hail Walmart!   ;)

:P

I definitely bitched more than my part about Target when they pulled that nonsense about the $13 army builder clone trooper.  I'm sure most of you already read that.

Now about these about these silver figures, hologram figures, lava reflection figures...I've never bought these anyhow, so I prefer Hasbro keeps making these types of exclusives. 

I am an army builder.  That is my primary interest in Star Wars.  I buy main characters of course, but figures like wookiees, clone troopers, battle droids, stormtroopers...I buy anywhere from 10-100 of those types of figures.

So I say keep making that lava reflection and hologram **** exclusive, and leave my army builders alone!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2005, 10:13 AM »
Well then I feel sorry for you too Dressel - it's going to be tough finding the new repainted clonies and wookies.

And I'm with you, the only thing I'm buying these days are clones.

Hell, I probably only have 13 figures from ROTS....and 20 clones.

Offline vegastrooper

• Jedi Initiate
  • whatever dude...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2005, 10:29 AM »
More LAVA figures...didn't buy vader...won't buy these either.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2005, 10:10 PM »
Anakin...looks...cool. Wont pay 12.99 for one though. I have a buddy in cali who could paint the same damn thing for 3 bucks.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2005, 10:30 PM »
Yeah, they do look cool. It's the paint talking though. The price will more than likely turn me away.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2005, 10:47 PM »
I'll concede they look decent but I'm going to try and pass on them on principle. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2005, 10:49 PM »
The bases look cool and so do the paint jobs.  I hope the production paintjobs look better than the Lava Reflection Vader's did.

Is the price high?  Yes.  Will I buy them?  Yeah.  The line is only going to have legs for so long, so I'm going to get them while the getting is good.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2005, 03:04 AM »
Well I do have the Lava Vader, but I'm still not sure if I want to pay that kind of price for more similar figures. Though I'm sure I'd never find em anyway ...
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2005, 04:37 PM »
From GalacticHunter:

The Lava Reflection Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader (i.e., Anakin) are indeed part of Target's Premium Figure Program. In your lingo, this translates to "overpriced overpackaged repaints." These will have the clamshell and likely be $11.99 each. While these are infinitely superior to the Darth Vader and Clone Trooper figures as far as paint quality appears to be concerned, they're just overpriced rereleases of $5 figures with a new base. We like them, but it's possible these items will languish if parents don't eat them up when these are the only main characters available to their kids.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2005, 04:53 PM »
Yeah, well Hasbro said the MSRP for the Target Clone was like $10-11 and Target charged $13, so I wouldn't be surprised to see these two (being main characters and all) at at juicy $14.99 price this fall.   :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2005, 08:24 PM »
I think they could have come up with soemthing better, but i knwo if i see them i will pick them up. I think they will stick to the 11.99 price tag.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2005, 12:59 AM »
Interesting...

These Lava figures, and the Clone, may be something I have to weigh heavily as to whether or not I buy.  The Clone I was hoping to get 5.  A "team".  If they're $15 I'll grudgingly get 2 maybe, or perhaps only one for completists sake.

If Target's making this a sorta "permanent" thing on their pegs though, I bet the novelty wears off that the term "exclusive" often brings...  I think that moves this repaint stuff more than the figures themselves.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2005, 01:02 AM »
If Target's making this a sorta "permanent" thing on their pegs though, I bet the novelty wears off that the term "exclusive" often brings...  I think that moves this repaint stuff more than the figures themselves.

My thoughts exactly!  Way too many "exlusives" are showing up now.
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2005, 12:30 AM »
If Target's doing it not even so much as their exclusives in the past, but as regular things that'll have dedicated shelf space, that's weird...  I wonder if the novelty will wear off?  Will they be higher production then?

Strange stuff, lotta questions...  The SW brand overall is seeing a weird turn between Hasbro's relationships with retailers, what Hasbro's thinking of making...  Stuff's just all over the place right now. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2005, 05:05 AM »
HOLD ON....geez. Look I am a collector so I have to buy 'em too but HEAR this...After seeing that THEIR BASES light up and the lava paint on the figs glows in the dark you'll be paying about right..11.99 for extra electronics. I read about this on a German website. They stated that the base will have a button so you can activate it (after you pull out the first time tag) without opening the piece. Guess we'll wait and see if this post is correct..Man, I can't wait for October 1st!!!!!