Author Topic: Target Exclusive Lava Reflection Anakin and Obi-Wan  (Read 30260 times)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: Target Exclusive Lava Reflection Anakin and Obi-Wan
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2005, 09:09 AM »
So then these "lava" figures are going to be similar to the Walmart Qui-Gon and Darth Maul hologram figures that stuck around for months at 9.99 and eventually I got them for $2.  I have five of those Mauls in my holographic army  ;D

This just gets better and better.  Of course theywill sell out at 11.99 because lately most of us collectors are bitting an y exclusive bait that Hasbro dangles in front of us.  It is so sad and I say us because I did get a Lava Vader and a few Target clones.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 09:11 AM by Gatillo »
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2005, 11:01 AM »
So then these "lava" figures are going to be similar to the Walmart Qui-Gon and Darth Maul hologram figures that stuck around for months at 9.99 and eventually I got them for $2.  I have five of those Mauls in my holographic army  ;D

LOL, I wish.

Nice set to keep carded. I'll have no interest in opening them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2005, 12:15 PM »
HOLD ON....geez. Look I am a collector so I have to buy 'em too but HEAR this...After seeing that THEIR BASES light up and the lava paint on the figs glows in the dark you'll be paying about right..11.99 for extra electronics. I read about this on a German website. They stated that the base will have a button so you can activate it (after you pull out the first time tag) without opening the piece. Guess we'll wait and see if this post is correct..Man, I can't wait for October 1st!!!!!

Do you remember where you read this?  I'd really like to know more about this possibility.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2005, 01:41 PM »
http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/news.htm..... it was either this site or a link from here to a forum for the "bug" that had the "info from hasbro"....we'll see I guess. If they DID do this
for me anyway it would be more acceptable picking up at the store(I have to anyway). The website has alot of info on approx month rel. for exclusives. Sorry I'm at work and the firewall doesn't alow me to translate so I could not accurately locate the source.  Looks like alot of the exclusives hit this month (AUG). Damned- I don't get my extra 300$ a month raise until OCT. I guess I'll suffer through Aug as well.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2005, 11:31 PM »
Andrews Toyz.com has carded images of these figures:

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2005, 09:19 AM »
You know, I actually don't mind these figures...for repaints.  If they were regular price, and not that crazy, kick in the pants, $13 Target price....I'd pick them up I think.  But at the "exclusive" pricepoint, I just don't know if I can justify it.  I guess it depends on what I'm feeling if/when I ever see them on the pegs, but if they are $13 each, I'm leaning towards a pass on these.  They really don't look too bad though for repainted figures.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2005, 09:49 AM »
What really bugs me is that as I chat with casual collectors and people who collect other lines (i.e Hot Wheels), they all know about these and the trooper excusive and say how lame it is, but then say, I'm going to pick it up though because it's an exclusive. I just don't know how how to respond.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2005, 04:02 PM »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2005, 04:30 PM »
I can take the anakin and obi wan figures these are based on and paint a glaze on them myself and get the same results. I hate stupid hasbro repaints especially at a jacked up price.  >:(
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2005, 04:54 PM »
What really bugs me is that as I chat with casual collectors and people who collect other lines (i.e Hot Wheels), they all know about these and the trooper excusive and say how lame it is, but then say, I'm going to pick it up though because it's an exclusive. I just don't know how how to respond.

A kick in the nuts sounds appropriate.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2005, 07:07 PM »

I'm still waiting for these people to realize that toys aren't exactly this rock-solid investment that they believe it to be.  Every time I hear of this type of behavior, I envision their cars as having that "I'm spending my children's inheritance" bumper sticker on it, but while most people have that bumper sticker in a sarcastic manner, these "Ebay Entepreneurs" are stating it as fact.

Speaking of which, the fact that Ebay is sending people around to give seminars on how to make all your money from home by using Ebay to sell stuff really disturbs me.  But that's neither here nor there, so I digress.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2005, 04:11 PM »

A kick in the nuts sounds appropriate.

I agree with Jayson...if you see a person that you know is a Hot Wheels collector grabing Star Wars stuff that reason he deserves to be kicked. We don't go into his stuff and jack Hot Wheels from him because we know that it isn't nice.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2005, 04:56 PM »
I agree with Jayson...if you see a person that you know is a Hot Wheels collector grabing Star Wars stuff that reason he deserves to be kicked. We don't go into his stuff and jack Hot Wheels from him because we know that it isn't nice.

Sorry for the derail, but I saw what had to be the most horrifying sight I have ever seen in a Wal-Mart toy section earlier this morning (and that's saying something).  Wal-Mart had put out one of those race car bed frame things (the huge plastic sandbox looking car) without the mattress in it, and had dumped a huge (a couple hundred) shrinkwrapped two packs of Hot Wheels cars into it, for a dollar each.   :o

Of course, this didn't really blow my mind as I don't know anything (and prefer not to) about Hot Wheels; what did blow my mind was the mass of humanity distributed between six "gentlemen" digging through this mess.  I think there must be a cloning laboratory where the Louie Anderson experiment went horribly wrong and they dumped it in a sewage tank, but it escaped, because WOW.  If I would have had a camera on me, I would have snapped a couple of shots and sent them into the Weekly World News. 

I will not sleep tonight.   :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: October 4, 2005, 08:18 PM »

The image database has been updated with some new loose and carded photos of these guys!

Check out the great high-res photos of Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi and keep your eyes open at your local Target!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 4, 2005, 08:53 PM »

The image database has been updated with some new loose and carded photos of these guys!

Check out the great high-res photos of Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi and keep your eyes open at your local Target!

Got mine!   ;D