Author Topic: Millennium Falcon In ROTS Packaging?  (Read 13797 times)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
Re: Millennium Falcon In ROTS Packaging?
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2005, 02:18 AM »
I saw a few last weekend at TRU also,  right next to several of the otc versions.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2005, 03:10 AM »
i saw this as well, but when i picked it up to see the back, it felt very light and seemed like TRU employees simply switch the OTC box to the ROTS??

i hope it goes on clearance after the holiday season..i'd say 19.99 then i'll pick one up  8)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2005, 12:49 PM »
I've seen this version and haven't picked it up yet. I think I'm safe in waiting for once.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2005, 02:01 PM »
I'll actually wait until I see this thing or the previous one go on clearance. Both over way overstocked at the local TRU's. If I don't get it, no biggie.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2005, 10:20 PM »
Yep, saw it yesterday for $54.99 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2005, 09:25 AM »
I saw a couple of these yesterday for $54.99.  I do have the POTF2 version, but always kind of wanted to get the "new" Saga (now ROTS) version with the updated "light up" feature, etc.  But, I just can't make myself pay $55 for it.  I'm waiting (hoping) for a clearance, our TRU has plenty in both box styles now ;).

SilverZ

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2005, 09:23 PM »
I think the vehicle has always been worth it for the new engine feature, plus it uses a better plastic that I just like the feel of better than the POTF2 version. I think it's certainly an item to own a version of.

But buying a second 54.99 vehicle just because the packaging is different is even beyond my boundaries. It will have to be had for 19.99 or less for me to play that.

They should (and could have easily) made this a ROTS Falcon by adding the blue deco to it. Instant repurchase.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2005, 11:35 PM »
I saw a couple more of these today at another TRU, together with several OTC ones.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2005, 08:49 PM »
way overpriced and I have 3 already, Vintage, POTF & OTC.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2005, 02:07 PM »
Honestly, I'd like to know the rate of sale on this ROTS version.  It's got to be horrible.  The OTC one made sense because A.) It had been close to 7 years without a Falcon and B.) it had tooling / mods incorporated.

This ROTS version makes no sense from both the retailer's perspective and Hasbro's.

Someone had to know that TRU was still sitting on MOUNDS of the OTC one....

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2005, 02:30 PM »
Yeah, I don't quite understand it either.  These popped up at our local TRU a couple of weeks ago, and haven't moved an inch.  Our TRU still has piled of the OTC one, and those aren't selling either.  It doesn't help that they are priced at $54.99 either.  I'd still like to get one with the "new mods", since I didn't pick one up during the OTC run.  I told my wife its a nice Christmas idea, because I'm not spending $55 for what is essentially a ship I already have.  The mods look neat, but not quite that neat ;).

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2005, 03:18 PM »
The rationale behind a completely repackaged, 50 dollar plus toy baffles me, especially when there was not that much demand for it to be rereleased.  An AT-AT, I could understand, since that has not been available since the TRU clearances of 2000, but the Falcon, which is collecting dust at every TRU I've been in (a grand total of 2; this study is invalid due to the small sample size  ;D )?  It boggles the mind.

And for those of you that would want it just for the toy and who couldn't care less about the box, I've seen it at several K-Marts on road trips (regretfully none local) on clearance for 25-30 dollars, so caveat emptor. ;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2005, 01:58 PM »
It looks like they might finally be clearing out the OTC version to make room for the RotS version:

Falcon at Amazon.com for $39.99

Not a bad price for those looking to grab an opener of the updated Falcon...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2005, 10:15 AM »
But tack on shipping and you're up to $55!  ;D

I should've bought the OTC version when it was on clearance at WallyWorld for $25...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2005, 09:38 AM »
Stopped in at TRU yesterday, and noticed they have a whole bunch of these new packaged Falcons (as well as the OTC ones still) piled high.  They have created a "Star Wars endcap" in the back corner of the store, filled with Vader helmets, Falcons, and a couple of the Obi-Wan fighters.  They did have the Falcon "on sale" for $44.95 now, and I would still eventually like to get one, but it still seems like a lot since I already have the POTF2 one.  I told my wife she could get it for me for Christmas, so maybe then.  I'm sure they will still be there, probably back up to their original $55 price ;).