Author Topic: Millennium Falcon In ROTS Packaging?  (Read 13796 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Millennium Falcon In ROTS Packaging?
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2005, 02:23 PM »
I saw that too it's in this weeks' ad for 44.95. I wonder if that will be a temporary or permanent price.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Millennium Falcon In ROTS Packaging?
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2005, 12:01 AM »
I stopped by the "area" TRU earlier today and I've never seen so many Falcons in my life.  They had at least 10 of the OTC version still on the shelves, and about 10 of the "new" ROTS boxed version on the overhead/overstock shelf.  Then I go around the corner and there are about 4 more ROTS ones on an endcap identical to the one mosnab mentioned. 

The funniest part of all this was about an hour later when I stopped at a Wal-Mart about 20 miles away.  There was a guy (younger than me, making me feel horribly old) with his son looking through the SW stuff, and the guy asked me which one of the Anakins was the best one.  I told him and he got the #2 (just my opinion) and then said that he was looking for a Millennium Falcon but WM didn't seem to have one.  I told him that TRU was the only store that had them right now and he said, "Well that's strange.  Why would only one store get a toy that recognizable?"

The even funnier thing is that I told him the K-Mart a mile down the road had one in the clearance aisle (the OTC version) for 25 bucks.  The smile on his and his kid's face was priceless.  I assume that they're all sitting around putting labels on their new and cheap Falcon while TRU employees are building forts out of the Falcons they have on the shelves.  :)