Author Topic: Mattel DC Superheroes  (Read 87888 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: DC Superheroes
« Reply #105 on: November 9, 2006, 01:41 PM »
Thor #1 came out in series 3 with Ghost Rider, yellow Wolverine and Magneto.  And I agree, I much prefer that one that to the WM version.  I have always viewed Thor as being taller and bulkier (he is a god after all) than his human colleagues (Cap, Iron Man, etc.) in the Avengers.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 9, 2006, 01:54 PM »
Thanks Mikey.  What came out when is all a big blur to me anyway, I just know I like the first version better.  I do like the later Cap version better, but never bought it because I didn't want multiple versions of it. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #107 on: November 9, 2006, 03:15 PM »
Thanks for all those pictures Brent! Man, that DCD Supes is just so cool...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2006, 11:27 AM »
Incidentally, I threw in the Ross version of Green Lantern, in case Jeff is being forced to follow along at home.  It's a great figure, but I think a bit larger than the GL series of GL figures. 

I must have missed this line amongst the big posts, but yeah - I agree.  I've got that Ross GL figure and he is a bit larger than the rest of the GL figures.  Seems to be that those Ross figures are a bit on the large scale.

Scale with DC stuff is frustrating.  Most of the Hasbro/Mattel stuff ends up being closer to 6" - 6/5" scale, while the DCD stuff is closer to 7" - 7.5" scale.   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2006, 09:49 AM »
I actually saw the new 2 packs this weekend at our local Target (Superman/Clark Kent, Batman/Batgirl).  I was so tempted to pick them up, but with that giant Shuttle box in the cart already, the Mrs. said no-no.  I couldn't really afford to pick those up too though, with picking up the Shuttle, the Modal Nodes Tin, and a couple Spidey things up in the past week or so.  As much as I like this DC Superheroes line, I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to have to give it up.  I spend enough on Star Wars and Marvel the way it is, and its not like I have anymore display space anyways :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2006, 01:48 PM »
Just poor timing Brian.  Mattel, to my knowledge, doesn't ever underproduce anything.  I can't recall anything being rare after a period of time, so those two packs will probably be around for a while yet.  I'm hoping they are.  We'll be in Hawaii in a couple of weeks, but their distribution isn't so great and we won't be in North Dakota until February again, so I'm hoping they'll be peg warming by then.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #111 on: December 8, 2006, 11:40 PM »
My local Target is still weighted down with the Superman/Bizarro two-packs. They did have a case of wave 4, judging by the lame-o Superman and some Superman/Supergirl variants, but I of course missed Luthor, Brainiac, and Darkseid.

This line is quite a bitch to find around here. I have yet to see series 3 still, and it's in the middle of the Christmas season. Both local WMs have dropped the line, and TRU and Target have too many wave 1 figures.  :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 9, 2006, 12:01 AM »
We just restocked (and by we, I mean the 2 TRUs in town) with wave 3 again and I saw Azrael and Mr. Freeze at both stores yesterday.  I'm hoping that means we've finally moved on from series 1 and 2 which have been brought in ad nauseum.  No sign of 4 at all and I'd like to get a look at Luthor/Brainiac/Darkseid to see if I'll buy any of them.  I do have the Alex Ross versions of Luthor/Brainiac on order, but sometimes those are a bit of a stretch, so I'm curious about the quality of these.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2006, 09:41 AM »
Brent,

if you do see Luthor/Brianiac or Darkseid here and decide you don't like them, I know someone who would probably take them off your hands for you  ;)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2006, 05:28 PM »
The Superman Returns toys are 50% off at TRU now. I picked up the House of El 2-pack for $10 since it has Marlon ******* Brando in it.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2007, 10:16 AM »
Apparently, new(er) DC Superheroes figures are now showing up at Meijers, if you have those in your area.  From what I've read, only the Bizarro (repacked) has been found in the new purple packaging.  The link above has a pic of the new card front/back, which shows Superman, new Supergirl, Steel, Doomsday (orange), Parasite, and Bizarro.  Apparently the "orange" color for Doomsday is to similate him getting hit by Superman's heat vision  ::).  There hasn't been much outside of Supermen on the pegs here for awhile, and every once in awhile some others from that wave.  I haven't decided what I'm going to do with this line yet, but I might pick up that Parasite figure - undecided on Supergirl/Steel.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2007, 10:55 AM »
Repacks :o  I can walk into TRU right now and find Doomsday, Bane, Bizarro, the old Supergirl and probably Scarecrow.  Well, I guess this line is dead locally as far as we're concerned, it's unlikely once those case lots are looked over that they'll be ordered. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2007, 03:29 PM »
Speaking of repacks.  I saw oodles of Superman movie figures repacked onto different cardbacks ??? >:(  What in the hell are they thinking?  Two aisles over the original releases are sitting at 50% off and not moving, so a new cardback is going to help this how?  In case I haven't made it abundantly clear:  I hate movie associated toylines. >:( >:( >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2007, 03:37 PM »
I was kind of surprised to see this line continuing as well, under the new "Man of Steel" moniker.  These have been hanging out at our local Target, and seem to be made up of Superman repacks, a Lex repack (maybe retool? I didn't look that close), and a couple other villains like Metallo and Mongul I believe (from the video game designs I think).  It sure seemed to me like this line bombed around here, but its always tough to judge those movie lines.  Certainly not well enough to justify continuing the line when there isn't another movie due until 2009 at the soonest.  Plus, the DC Superheroes Supermen are sitting right next to these on the pegs - and are larger and in scale with Batman figures available in that line.  Who knows, doesn't seem like a great idea - but then, it is Mattel.

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2007, 02:38 AM »
The Man of Steel Lex Luthor is a repaint.