Author Topic: EE Exclusive Astromech 5-Packs  (Read 30341 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
EE Exclusive Astromech 5-Packs
« on: July 15, 2005, 09:58 PM »
From GH:

Hasbro announced Entertainment Earth's exclusive Astromech Droid 5-Pack Exclusive!

Two five packs:

One Imperial pack containing–
R2-Q2, R4-A22, R3-T2, R4-E1, and R3-P6

One Rebel pack containing–
R2-A6, R2-X2, R2-C4, R3-X2, and R4-M5

****, more overpriced sets from EE. Why must I be a sucker for Astromechs? Ah well, I can't wait to buy these. I just hope they aren't TOO expensive. :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: EE Exclusive Astromech 5-Packs
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 10:39 PM »
Also a sucker for Astromechs, so I'm hooped.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 11:48 PM »
Sweet!  Very Nice! 

I will buy, even at $30 a pop or what-ever they charge, I love those fiesty Astro Droids!   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 11:58 PM »
I might buy them.

Something like this is more appealing than a cup set.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 12:17 AM »
Whether or not I buy these depends completely on the price.  If it's at the price level of the Clone 4-packs, they can forget it.  If it's 25 bucks per pack, then EE might get my money.

The thing that stands out to me, and kind of irritates me too, is that yet again, there is no R5 unit amongst those 10 figures.  It has been almost 10 years since that piece of crap R5-D4 came out, and they've done umpteen astromechs in that time period, but never once have they done an R5 (not counting the Star Tours thing, which I don't).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 12:28 AM »
I'm guessing and hoping that R5 will be making and appearance in the new line...or else there will be hell to pay

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 01:18 AM »
Depends on the price. I will not pay more than $25.

Then again, I sucked it up and paid $33 for an EE clone pack, so what do I know.... ::)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 02:35 AM »
Lack of an R5 unit irritates me as well. We should get on EE's case for not demanding one as a condition of carrying the exclusive. But then again, when has the exclusives branch of Hasbro ever willingly done new sculpts?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 10:35 AM »
Well I read GH's report this morning.  It sounds like these will indeed be about the same price as the Clonetrooper sets.  Which actually made me shy away from buying a set.  Mainly because I knew there would be plenty of other clonetrooper figures at retail with ROTS. 

However, I may go for the droids because I can't see them putting many of these out at retail.  Not that the clonetroopers in those sets were but let's face it there are plenty of clonetroopers to buy at retail.  If you can't get the EE sets there are plenty of other options.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005, 12:18 PM »
I read the report as well. Sucks that they will be that high, i think i may still buy these though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2005, 12:41 PM »
5 droid repaints for the same price as 4 Clone repaints is at least an upgrade.  Not much of one though, and unfortunately ordering a case isn't as interesting as it was for the Clones.

I want the astromechs...  I hand it to Pawlus for a nice idea...  I prefer them released throughout the line though like the IMperial astromech or the R4 droid...  I think repainted items are a mixed bag in that the prices they garner as exclusives makes you pretty pissed off that they're just repaints, and sometimes repaints are easier to take in moderation (see any/all discussion pertaining to the "final 12" ROTS figures).

I dig it though, that we'll have all these astromechs...  I like that.  I just think that EE overprices their stuff.  I mean, if they sold the Clones at $6+ per figure when sold by the case, they obviously profited on them sold at that rate...  so was $10/figure when sold by individual 4-packs REALLY necessary?  I don't think so...  And I stick by my guns that I haven't seen ANYONE put out a shot of 90 loose E2 styled SA Clones all lined up like dominoes...  Call me crazy, but I don't think army builders jumped on that set like people want you to believe they did.

Anyway, the astromech set is a nice idea, ****** price again.  Mixed bag of nuts, like the Clones were.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2005, 03:28 PM »
LOL, and here I thought my 5 pack of "beloved Droids" would be a joke.

ok so my set had Missile R5, and 'ell endowed R2" , and Gonk.. so I guess it isn't the same. =p
who Learned you To spoke!

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2005, 11:46 PM »
I noticed this over at GH today, don't know if everyone caught it...

From Adam Pawlus:
Why no R5-D4? No mold. I asked. I didn't want to see the "Attack" mold again, and I assumed you felt the same way-- if you did want it, well, my apologies. You can blame me here. I don't like the Attack mold and will do everything in my power to prevent you from having an opportunity to buy it again, which basically boils down to you not seeing it in these sets.

So, the answer for why no R5-D4 - they wanted to use pre-existing molds for these guys and couldn't get them to make a new mold/sculpt.   >:(

Here's hoping we get a new R5-D4 eventually...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2005, 11:54 PM »
Really...all they would need to do is make a new head mold.  I don't see why this is difficult...oh wait...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$