Author Topic: Breakfast  (Read 7292 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Breakfast
« on: April 2, 2003, 10:53 AM »
Breakfast food is my favorite stuff but I rarely eat breakfast.  As I stated in the exercise thread I could eat 2 eggs with hashbrowns every day it is so good.  We sometimes make this on the weekends and top the eggs off with some cheese and salsa.  Oh baby...

I also love pancakes and waffles.  I think Perkins is pretty much a national chain but they have this Deli Ham and Cheese Omelette with SOur cream that you also get a stack of pancakes with.  I swear if I ever got the gas chamber this would be my final meal

Then there is cereal.  I could also live off of Frosted Flakes with sliced banana and some ice cold milk.  I usually eat cereal before I go to bed.  I just don't usually have time to eat in the morning and will usually just grab a granola bar and a cup of joe for the road

All hail Breakfast!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfast
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2003, 10:59 AM »
Breakfast for me is at Midnight beacuse of my shift work.
I just hit the deli on the way to work & pick up ham or roast beef sandwiches or chicken wings. Meal of champions at that time.  ;D

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2003, 11:07 AM »
I didn't appreciate the importance of a good breakfast until I went away to college. Until then I'd ALWAYS had a big meal in the morning, a decent lunch, and a small dinner. With my college schedule, everything went nuts and led to my out-of-shapeness.

Now I'm finally back to the pre-college routine. I usually have bacon and toast, but sometimes I'll grab a quick bowl of cereal and some fruit. And I'm a tea drinker since birth probably, one cup a day. Peanut butter is another food staple of mine. I'll have that anytime.

Then I come to work and chase it all down with my morning Coca-Cola! Ah, SECOND BREAKFAST!  ;D
Post sober.

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 2, 2003, 11:40 AM »
I really don't eat breakfast as often as I should. When I do it is usually oatmeal and toast. I hate to say this because of the type of work I do( health supplements) but lately it is a can of 7up and a candybar. At least summer is comming I can get out riding and burn some of the fat off.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 2, 2003, 02:34 PM »
Breakfast?  What's that?

If you've been following my recent threads regarding my lack of sleep and lack of exercise - you'll notice a trend developing...  I'm not exactly the poster boy for good health.  Same hold true when it comes to my eating habits (or lack thereof)...

I'm lucky if I eat breakfast once a month.  I always grab a cup o' joe at home in the morning, but that's about it.  On the infrequent occurrence when we've got any bananas lyin' around, I'll grab one of those and mow it down in the car during my 2 minute commute to work.  I'll also occasionally throw a couple slices of cheese in a folded tortilla, nuke it for 23 seconds, and BAM - instant quesadilla!  But like I said - maybe once a month.

I usually do try to eat a breakfast/granola bar when I finally get into the office though...

But I do eat cereal from time to time, just in the evenings though.  When we're too lazy to make or go out to dinner.  # 1 cereal in the world:

Golden Grahams

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 2, 2003, 03:12 PM »
cereal and a bagel with a cup of decaf!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Jango Fettish

« Reply #6 on: April 2, 2003, 03:35 PM »
Cinnamon Toast Crunch!

Almost every morning.
 ;D
« Last Edit: April 2, 2003, 03:35 PM by Jango Fettish »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: April 2, 2003, 04:11 PM »
There is a new Frosted Flakes hybrid called something like Tony's Cinnamon Crunch...like most Cinnamon Cereals it suffers IMO from that nasty powdering film that forms in your mouth while eating it.  The crunch and the taste though are superb

This sparked my interest in this thread BTW...

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 2, 2003, 04:32 PM »
I love breakfast. I eat it everyday as I always wake up starving. I could live off nothing but breakfast foods if I had too. In fact back in college, they always cereal out during lunch and dinner, and I made sure I always had myself a bowl with every meal. ;D

I'm with OCB on the ham and cheese omelets from Perkins. I get that about 95% of the time I eat there.

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 2, 2003, 04:38 PM »
mmmm breakfast the best meal of the day especially if it's any or almost any sweetened cereal.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 2, 2003, 07:04 PM »
Well, I'm still protesting the lack of a certain breakfast cereal in either Canada or most of the United States.  Therefore, I don't eat breakfast very often at all.  

Somebody out there help me.  Find me this cereal  PLEASE!
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Paul

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 2, 2003, 07:47 PM »
That's funny, Morgbug.  Besides a few SW figs, you know what I brought back from my vacation to FLA a couple weeks ago?
4 boxes of Cocoa Krispies.  Not available in Canada for some inexplicable reason.
Ah, the sorrow of not being able to find your favourite cereal.  I know it well.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: April 2, 2003, 08:28 PM »
Frankenberry  has become seasonal and is made by the fine Minnesota folks at General Mills.  Usually only available along with Boo Berry at Halloween I believe only at Target

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: April 2, 2003, 08:37 PM »
Sounds like it might be a good idea to set up a Cereal Trading Board here as well!  Do I hear a second on that idea?!   :P

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 2, 2003, 08:41 PM »
AHA! I knew I've seen that cereal in the local Targets before. That would explain why I haven't seen it around for several months though. Looks like you have a little bit of a wait ahead of you Brent before getting your hands on it.