Author Topic: #55 Obi-Wan Kenobi-Red Leader Pilot  (Read 16592 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: #55 Obi-Wan Kenobi-Red Leader Pilot
« Reply #30 on: August 8, 2005, 01:50 AM »
I think someone did this Custom, Jared...  Darth Delicious perhaps?  Not sure what head he used though.  I know I saw this somewhere recently.

I'm amazed he's warming pegs for you already...  He's yet to be seen on pegs by most out here...  He was even relatively "rare" at the Toy Show amongst the other scalped items.  He can pegwarm all he wants here for me, as I'll be picking extras up randomly for the obligatory Jedi Customs. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 8, 2005, 04:15 PM »
Sadly for such an awesome figure..he's a fat pegwarmer here in Antelope Valley- He's still in 3 stores (10-20+ each a store)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 8, 2005, 04:32 PM »
Here's the one that Darth Delicious made using the new ROTS Obi Wan, and the head from the new Jedi vs. Sith 5-pk.

I'm surprised this figure isn't selling faster than it is; but it's definitey not a perwarmer in my area (at least not yet).

:P

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 8, 2005, 04:37 PM »
The thing is ..who buys an army of obi-wons....? not only this but he comes out in 4 case assortments; coll.1 wave6,coll1wave6rev.1,coll1wave6rev2,coll1wave6rev3.
So eventually you're likely to notice him pegwarm since he's in every assortment...the atrt's are army builders=they don't stay,the mustafarians are in only one case assortment(rev2)(that I've seen) see EE for case assortments

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: August 8, 2005, 04:51 PM »
Sadly for such an awesome figure..he's a fat pegwarmer here in Antelope Valley- He's still in 3 stores (10-20+ each a store)

I hit the 2 WMs in Valencia today, and he's pegwarming in a major way at both of them as well.  That's in addition to the Anaheim WM I hit yesterday.  TONS of him.  Wow.

Nice figure though.  Wish you could see his hands a little bit at the ends of his sleeves, but other than that, I think it's a pretty good figure - nice and neutral looking.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 9, 2005, 02:12 PM »
are you guys serious? He's warming shelves in your area? I wish I'd lived where you guys do! I can't find a single new figure out!

SilverZ

« Reply #36 on: August 9, 2005, 04:45 PM »
I think this weekend, with as much inventory as Walmart recieved of the Obi wave, it's pretty safe to call him a pegwarmer. Enough of them hit at the same time to probably satisfy local demand as well as send the message to the scalpers/hoarders/speculators that there will be plenty to go around.

Hopefully everyone gets to have similar luck finding these guys and then stores will quickly shift to a refresh wave full of clones, otherwise this wave, minus the AT-RT Driver, will be the next Nim Warrior and Wookiee.

Thanks for those pics from Delicious, guys. Looks good. I tried the same thing this morning, and it works like a charm. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 9, 2005, 05:35 PM »
Well I saw him on Saturday, and they had tons of him (along with the other figures from the wave, minus the AT-RT Driver). I went back to the same store today, and all of the figures were gone - it was back to the regular stock of Nemoidian Warriors and Jedi Masters.

So it must be a South California thing, at least currently, for him to be pegwarming.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #38 on: August 9, 2005, 07:47 PM »
I'm a bit bummed (but not surprised) that Obi Pilot is already starting to pegwarm. It was bound to happen in comparison with the other new figures in the case both being army builders to some extent, but I didn't think it would happen so soon. It seems to be that every Obi is destined for pegwarmer status.

It is?!? I wish it was pegwarming in my area, that way the eventual clearances (they still have to happen, how else will stores get rid of all of those Neimodians and Mas AmeddA) will effect this figure as well and I'll have a nice army of Jedi fodder awaiting me. :)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 9, 2005, 10:53 PM »
This is the greatest Obi wan ever! ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: August 9, 2005, 11:14 PM »
I finally got my mitts on a #55 Obi-Wan today and I can finally concur with what you all have been saying:  I am really pleased with this Obi-Wan - great accessories, great articulation, great sculpt! 

I can see myself grabbing a second (or more if they go on clearance).  They will make great custom fodder, and for sure a great base for an Ep2 Obi-Wan custom!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2005, 01:24 AM »
You guys are killing me! :)

I think part of his pegwarming status has to be the fact that Jedi Fodder's in no short supply right now too.  I've noticed the better a figure is overall the more it does tend to move (or at least the longer it moves, and steadier).  Customizing has its place I think in the dwindling of specific figures.  For instance, astromechs...  For all intents and purposes, astromechs are rather dull figures, but a good version of one tends to move no matter how many get out there.  Why would that be though? 

I have noticed Agen Kolar's one of the faster moving Jedi from ROTS too...  Why?  I can only imagine it's the robe, the customizing potential...  Someone's making Jedi figures I'd think, otherwise it just seems odd that he'd move so much better than some of the other Collection 2 Jedi...

Tonight For the first time since 4/2 though, I can honestly say that Clones were in some level of supply at stores around here.  At least Toys R Us had a substantial quantity whereas WM and Target weren't so spiffed up.

Makes me wonder if Hasbro isn't working a little overtime to make TRU look better.  They tend to hold their retail hand a bit more than the others I know.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2005, 06:46 AM »
The stores around here he hasnt been pegwarming. Which sucks cause I want a few more for customs.  :)
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2005, 03:04 PM »
By some miracle, Obi-Wan #55 is in-stock at the HasbroToyShop.com  :o

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=219&ID=16420

$6.99 plus shippnig for the desperate...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2005, 03:08 PM »
I am desperate but I am 6.99 and shipping desperate?  Hmmm

???
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.