Author Topic: Star Wars Transformers  (Read 37957 times)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Transformers
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2009, 08:07 PM »
Looks like Plo Koon/starfighter and a Shock Trooper/V-Wing are up next.

Saw both of these at Target this afternoon.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 8, 2009, 11:06 AM »
Here a little bit on Star Wars Transformers from the SW Hasbro 5/8/09 Q&A:

SWActionNews.com: With the Unleashed Battle Packs coming to their end, and the Titaniums finishing at the end of this year, and Muggs being reduced to only Toys R Us exclusives, what can you tell us about the viability of the Star Wars Transformers line?

Hasbro: Star Wars Transformers Crossovers is a strong line and will continue on through 2010.  Unleashed 2" actually shot up in popularity with the success of Clone Wars (after we had already made the decision to rest it). It's a likely candidate for return some day.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 8, 2009, 12:52 PM »
They can kill the Mighty Muggs, and yet the Unleashed 2" line is still "popular" and "a likely candidate for return"? WTF!?!? >:(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 4, 2009, 07:58 PM »
I reluctantly picked up the AT-TE, V-Wing & Torrent from TRU today because I had a $10 off a $50 coupon that was burning a hole in my pocket.  I have the baby AT-TE kickin it underneath the "real" version and just wow - cute.  Hasbro did a bang up job on it compared to big daddy.  I can understand the missing spinny disc thing, but I wish Hasbro would have at least kept the mini figs to fit in the cockpits. 

I rarely transform these things into their mostly horrible bot modes so I really see these things as Action Fleet vehicles so it's all good in the hood since you can't see most of the bot parts in vehicle mode.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 5, 2009, 06:09 PM »
I picked up the new CW Kit Fisto/Jedi Starfighter Transformer at WM this afternoon.  It looks like the same CW JSF w/Ring mold except for the repainting and Kit Fisto's head sculpt.

I also noticed that the V-19 Torrent TF has white as the primary body paint now compared to the one I bought which has a darker tan.  The original 2 white stripes on the engine cylinders aren't pronounced anymore in the new version.  This must be a slight running paint change.

I have the baby AT-TE kickin it underneath the "real" version and just wow - cute.
Funny, I actually have baby AT-TE displayed on daddy AT-TE's back.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2009, 06:51 PM »
Saw the AAT, Fisto Fighter, and the new Salacious Gunship with longer closing doors this morning at WM....meh...will wait for another TRU coupon to pick them up I guess.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2009, 12:11 PM »
...the new Salacious Gunship with longer closing doors...

Do you know if this a repackage of the one released last November or did they do something different to it?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2009, 05:59 PM »
...the new Salacious Gunship with longer closing doors...

Do you know if this a repackage of the one released last November or did they do something different to it?

I think I missed a wave or two back then, but I don't remember seeing Salacious caked on the ship dropping bombs.  It had the longer doors too - like the new "deluxe" class vehicle has which I don't recall on previous releases of this vehicle in this line.  I don't recall seeing the turrets on this one either.   Were they on the previous ones?  I don't remember.   :-\

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2009, 12:33 AM »
Thanks Mikey, it sounds like a repack.  Here are a couple of pics of what I found last year.  I still haven't found the Battle Droid Transformer, but I'm in no hurry to find it.  I'm pretty sure it'll show up in lots of quantity like with the others.

The newest Republic Gunship release has some slight modifications and repainting.  The nose art shows a Salacious Crumb like character dropping a bomb, the windows in the canopy are painted, the wing turrets are painted solid, full solid doors are included, but the side ball turrets are not.

Offline THE STAR WARS NERD

• Youngling
  • messa a girly
    • View Profile
Darth Maul Transformer
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2009, 02:56 AM »
For one how many ppl like the star wars transformers crossovers? and out of the old and new lines. i think D maul is the best
There are a lot of things in this world.........i hope you don't get eaten

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2009, 03:53 PM »
I saw the new Magnaguard/Magnaguard Fighter and Ahsoka Tano/Jedi Starfighter Crossover Transformers at Target late this morning.  These were in the new red packaging.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2009, 03:02 PM »
Saw the new tan repainted AAT/Battle Droid Commander, CW Y-Wing/Y-Wing Pilot, Twilight/Anakin, and the repainted Imperial colors V-Wing/Clone Pilot SW Transformers at SDCC yesterday.  The Twilight looks very interesting because in Anakin robot mode, R2 turns up as a separate figure.  These all have a release date of 10/30.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2009, 03:34 PM »
Do the new molds still have opening cockpits for the missing figures?

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2009, 09:02 PM »
Do the new molds still have opening cockpits for the missing figures?

I just opened the Magnaguard, and while the canopy opens, there's no cockpit area to fit a mini-figure.  The Magnaguard's head resides in the cockpit area.  I still haven't bought the AAT yet, so I'm not sure about that one or the other 2 new molds shown off at SDCC.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2009, 05:52 PM »
I reluctantly picked up the repainted tan AAT and grey V-Wing at WM a few nights ago.  I saw them previously at TRU but didn't pull the trigger then.