Author Topic: Phobias...  (Read 14521 times)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Phobias - going to the doctor
« Reply #90 on: August 8, 2005, 05:03 PM »
Flying.  I have to be sedated to get on a plane. 

I ain't gettin' on no plane, Hannibal!

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Phobias...
« Reply #91 on: August 8, 2005, 06:24 PM »
Hey Morgbug, remember that strange species of spider I was talking about a year ago? The "Hell Happy Hoppers"? Well the new house has them too...except they're much thicker and can jump higher. Big suckers too.
Perhaps I could capture a specimen and take a few pics?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #92 on: August 8, 2005, 07:09 PM »
Heights has never been a problem for me. I actually like them. I think falling is really fun, the part where you hit the ground sucks though. :P Snakes and spiders have never really bothered me much, I don't like spiders cause the bite me all the time in my sleep, and the ones we have here in my basement are big. But I'm no Steven Irwin when it comes to handling them, I guess I do like cacthing snakes though. :) I do get claustrophobic sometimes though. I am a fairly big guy, 6'4" 265, so I'm not really a fan of small spaces. I guess it is more I just get cramped really easy and don't like having that feeling if I can help it.  :-\
"This is the way."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 8, 2005, 07:16 PM »
Hey Morgbug, remember that strange species of spider I was talking about a year ago? The "Hell Happy Hoppers"? Well the new house has them too...except they're much thicker and can jump higher. Big suckers too.
Perhaps I could capture a specimen and take a few pics?

Yeah, that could be cool.  I do remember.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2005, 01:41 PM »
I came face to face with my biggest phobia today :o  I was headed out with the kids and I after I strapped them in their carseats I went to water a potted plant that was near my front door and when I lifted it up lo and behold there was a ******* baby coperhead under it.  I froze -- and thank God -- so did it.  I went and got a big paint bucket and put it over it and weighted it down until the hubby can come home and slay it.  I'm still sick to my stomach.  Everytime I turn around I think something is brushing against my leg.  The hardest part now I keeping my little boy from moving the bucket -- he wants to see the snake.  He also wants to see if he can move faster than the snake :'(  I AM FREAKING OUT!!  I'm considering packing up the kids and leaving until the hubby gets home :(  AHHHHHHHH!
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2005, 02:10 PM »
After doing a little investigating online the damn thing looks more like an eastern diamondback rattlesnake :o -- can't say for sure 'cause I didn't spend too much time studying the thing.  We'll investigate further after its dead ;D
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2005, 02:20 PM »
T-

Put a brick on top of the bucket, and tell your boy it's dangerous, and keep him inside.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Thanks -- I put some weights on the bucket and explained to him about the dangers of this snake -- and that's when he came up with the idea of wanting to see if could move faster then the snake >:(  The main thing I am worried about is that it will escape before daddy can get home -- its in the mulch and I'm afraid it will squirm its way out :'(  We are definately staying inside -- even the dog.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2005, 08:38 PM »
I don't blame you for freaking out.  I'm not a huge fan of snakes either, although it probably wouldn't be an official "phobia". 

My brother has a boa constrictor which I held when it was really young.  Even at that age, I could feel at tightening around my wrist...  Needless to say, I didn't hold it much longer.   :-[

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Snakes are my absolute, #1 phobia. :(  I got physically ill when I saw it.  Since I was a child I've had nightmares about them.  I've made vacation plans based on snakes -- i.e. -- I never went to the family's cabin in the mountains nor went camping because of them.  I always supposed that's why I loved Ireland so much -- thanks St. Patrick for driving all of the snakes out.  We still haven't identified the snake -- but its dead.  Is there a snake mafia?  Can we leave its mutilated body outside as a warning for other snakes not to mess with our family? 8)