Author Topic: Help me everyone, you're my only hope.  (Read 3336 times)

Offline Zuckuss44

• Youngling
  • Let my hands speak for me!
    • View Profile
Help me everyone, you're my only hope.
« on: March 8, 2003, 10:44 PM »
Well, I've just recently joined these boards, and I was wondering if you all could help me out with a project I've created.

If you would just proceed to this site:

http://pizzathehutt.tripod.com

I would greatly appreciate it.

I've decided to create my own awards, based on the fact that there are no comedic awards in the Oscars as often as most would hope. Many people complain of having their favorite movie be left out, as many of the earlier movies have been. If you would look at the nominees this year for the Oscars, you would notice that Road to Perdition only managed to get a few nominations, though all but one of them are for smaller awards, such as Cinematography. Now, such a wonderful movie should not be denied its rights to be honored. So, I've created my own awards. Besides some movies being ignored, some actors are often placed on Supporting Actor or Actress based on their amount of screen time. Jennifer Connelly won last year for Supporting Actress, though she was the most important actress in the movie. So, I've created a list where the most important actress is placed in the actress category, even if she has a smaller part than the actor, like Connelly had toward Crowe.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could vote in these awards. There is no true award, it's just for fun. It's essentially just a poll to get people's opinions, but it would be wonderful if you would help me out. It does not cost anything, and I'm not doing anything to try and get you to sign up for anything. I just want your opinion.

Thank you very much.

Zuckuss44

Offline Zuckuss44

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re:Help me everyone, you're my only hope.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2003, 10:50 PM »
Well, if you had actually checked out the site, you would have noticed that you had to vote by e-mail.

Well e-mail no more!

All you have to do is plug it into a generator that I've added onto the site.

If you'll head back to my site, under the 2003 Nominees you will find a large link called To Voting!

Click on it, and you may vote. It expediates the system much quicker. I would greatly appreciate if you would vote, please.

Thank you!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2003, 09:16 AM »
I voted now Zuckuss, that was fun and a lot better than what the Oscars will be.  Are yo going to announce the Edgars results at the same time as the Oscars?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Help me everyone, you're my only hope.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2003, 03:35 PM »
I just voted too!  Much easier now with the poll up.  Nice work Z!

Of course, I had to just wing it on some where I had no clue - like foreign films.  I voted for Canada just because I like DSJ and Morgbug so much!   ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2003, 03:39 PM »
I just voted too!  Much easier now with the poll up.  Nice work Z!

Of course, I had to just wing it on some where I had no clue - like foreign films.  I voted for Canada just because I like DSJ and Morgbug so much!   ;D

Funny, I voted against Canada for that very reason  :-*

J/k any country that produces Shania can't be wrong in my book!

Offline Obi-Juan

• Youngling
  • Don't make me Pimp Smack you Vader!!!
    • View Profile
Help me everyone, you're my only hope.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2003, 07:17 PM »
Nice Poll.  I LOVE POLLS!!!!!!!  We should have more of 'em.  :)
Pimp-Jedi.

Offline Zuckuss44

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2003, 10:24 PM »
Hey, thanks for voting guys. Sorry about the documentary and foreign film stuff. I know most people probably didn't go as in depth as I did with all the movies that came out this year. Unfortunately, I decided to make the site a little late, and never managed to make separate pages to explain about each movie a little, in case no one had seen it, such as those foreign films. The Canadian film is actually self-explanatory. It's about a "Fast Runner", but in Canada.

I believe the Oscars are on the 23rd, right? I was planning on tallying things on Saturday, and then updating my site on the 16th. So, it'll be a week before. If I get more response, maybe I'll give it another week. That might allow more voting.

But thanks for voting!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2003, 03:19 PM »
So...the Oscars are Sunday when will the Edgars be held, plus what should I wear

Offline Zuckuss44

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2003, 07:10 PM »
Well, here's the winners:

Best Film: Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Best Director in Drama/Action Fantasy: Peter Jackson-Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Best Director in Comedy/Animated: Steven Spielberg-Catch Me If You Can
Best Actor in a Drama/Action/Fantasy: Elijah Wood-Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Best Actor in a Comedy/Animated: Leonardo DiCaprio-Catch Me If You Can
Best Actress in a Drama/Action/Fantasy: Natalie Portman-Star Wars: Episode II-Attack of the Clones
Best Actress in a Comedy/Animated: Sandra Bullock-Two Weeks Notice
Best Supporting Actor in a Drama/Action/Fantasy: Andy Serkis-Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy/Animated: Tom Hanks-Catch Me If You Can
Best Supporting Actress in a Drama/Action/Fantasy: Catherine Zeta-Jones-Chicago
Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy/Animated: Selma Blair-A Guy Thing
Best Drama: Road to Perdition
Best Comedy: Undercover Brother
Best Animated Film: Ice Age
Best Science-Fiction/Fantasy Film: Star Wars: Episode II-Attack of the Clones
Best Action/Adventure Film: Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Best Biography/Historical/Crime: Gods and Generals
Best Documentary: Bowling for Columbine
Best Foreign Film: Talk to Her
Best Indie: My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Worst Film: Kangaroo Jack
Best Screenplay: Road to Perdition
Best Music: Star Wars: Episode II-Attack of the Clones
Best Special Effects: Star Wars: Episode II-Attack of the Clones
Best Costume Design/Makeup: Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Special Lorenzo Music Award for Achievement: Intacto
Special George Harrison Commemorative Award: E. T. the Extra-Terrestrial for its 20th Anniversary Release
Richard Harris Lifetime Achievement Award: Sir Richard Attenborough

Thank you all for your participation. I'm going to try and have other things in the future, perhaps something like the Emmys, and maybe a Kennedy Center Honors type thing. Stay tuned......

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2003, 01:48 PM »
Cool beans, a very heavy nod to AOTC and TTT both of which I enjoyed very much.  I think AOTC gets slagged a little too heavily, I really had a lot of fun watching it...thanks Zuckuss 44!

Offline Zuckuss44

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2003, 05:31 PM »
No problem OCB. And I'm sorry I didn't respond for the last two weeks to this. For some reason, once the Edgars were over, I just didn't come online. And if I did, I didn't go to any of the sites I usually go to. It was weird. Each night that first week I'd go to bed, and remember that I didn't go to the usual places I like to go to. Then the next week I got sick. So, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to post the winners back on the 17th, or even with the Oscars.