Author Topic: EE Clone Trooper 4-Packs  (Read 163372 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: EE exclusive Clone Trooper 4-packs!
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2005, 04:53 PM »
I guess mine are on the way too...  Dude that got our cases said they are anyway.  That's good.  Now to think about where I'm gonna put any of this stuff.  I'm running out of room at the moment for figures.  I need more shelf space, STAT.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2005, 07:08 PM »
Alright, mine shipped yesterday. Can't wait to put one next to the E3 Clone and a Stormtrooper. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline bobafett1121

• Youngling
  • Boba Fett Rules!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2005, 12:12 AM »
I think they look great but they are really expensive for a collector who can't really afford that much all at one time.
Boba Fett Rules!!!!!!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2005, 09:11 AM »
Holy ****, I got mine yesterday (a full set) and these things kick ass!

I really like the packaging and I am contemplating ordering a second set to keep boxed.

Nice job Adam, EE, and Hasbro!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2005, 09:22 AM »
I ordered a case of these - a complete set of four to open, a set of four to keep MIB and another set of four to I dunno what with...

Anyway - these things rock! I was pleased to see that they put peg holes in the feet of these (just like the Target ROTS SA Clone).

I opened one box last night - the clean ranked Clones - I'm pleased to now have a Captain (Red), Commander (Yellow), Lieutenant (Blue) and Sargeant (Green) all in the SA sculpt.

Kinda pricey, but I'm glad to finally have a nice size AOTC Clone Army to fill my AOTC and Clone Wars Gunships with.

I would love it if Hasbro and EE went back and took this four-pack concept one step further and offered us the Delta Squad Commandos from the Republic Commando game - that would rock! I would gladly pay $40 - $50 for a set of those.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2005, 12:55 AM »
I would gladly pay $40 - $50 for a set of those.
Dont give them ideas , cause you know they will
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2005, 10:19 AM »
Despite thinking I would only keep the "battle damaged" versions and sell the others, I opened up all 4 of my boxes last night.

:-[

I am a damn sucker for these SA Clones.  Of course, my Arena Display now looks even better with 16 more SA clones spilling out of my gunships to save the Jedi's behinds, but I just wish it would have been a little cheaper.  Oh well, too late now.  I guess $25 for a box of 4 SA clones isn't too bad - $6.25 each.

And, like others have said, I do like the colors of these clones.  I think they are a bit nicer than the colored pre-posed clones we got in the 3-packs.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2005, 02:56 AM »
I'm loving these as well. I can't get over how happy I am that there are pegholes on these guys. I really couldn't ask for more out of an army builder set with the possible exception of rifles.

Now I'm starting to think I may want more clean all-white ones to do headswaps with ROTS #6 clones, since the white matches better than when done with the old carded SA bodies.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 1, 2005, 12:48 AM »
I'm loving these as well. I can't get over how happy I am that there are pegholes on these guys. I really couldn't ask for more out of an army builder set with the possible exception of rifles.

How about a lower price point next time? I would have bought another case of these if they were a little cheaper. I love them, and I can't get enough, but at the same time, they are putting me in the poor house with this stuff... 

Now I'm starting to think I may want more clean all-white ones to do headswaps with ROTS #6 clones, since the white matches better than when done with the old carded SA bodies.

How easy is that to do Jared? Have you tried it yet? I may be doing the same thing, if it turns out to be fairly easy  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #159 on: May 1, 2005, 01:31 AM »
Two cases should've been offered.  White/Officer mix and an All White Trooper mix...  I'd take a case of those, and just wimper at the bill.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 1, 2005, 10:18 PM »
Has anyone ever ordered from ToyWiz.com? They have them cheaper, and have a 10% sale going on.

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=159&show_article=529
« Last Edit: May 1, 2005, 10:19 PM by Ook »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 1, 2005, 10:33 PM »
Right now, the cheapest set on that site is $30. It's good with 10% off though, I suppose. However, this site also wants $15 for a #6 Clone, $30 for a Clone Commander, and $70 for the Target Exclusive Clone.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #162 on: May 2, 2005, 12:57 AM »
My buddy got my sets in, yay!  Should be able to pick them up the night of E3's premiere too.  What a night that ought to be. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 2, 2005, 08:52 AM »
I got my set (just ordered one set of clean, colored clones) on Saturday, and these really are great.  I wish I could have afforded to get more of them, but I guess at this point I'd rather have more ROTS style clones like this.  One thing that I keep thinking as I have looked at them, and that we have discussed before, is that I cannot understand why these weren't released to retail.  A great exclusive for EE to be sure, but I just think these sets would have sold like crazy at the big retail outlets.  Sets like these, similar sets of ROTS style clones, Stormtroopers, etc. would just be a tremendous success it seems.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 2, 2005, 10:34 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out why these aren't ROTS clones instead of AOTC Clones? The movie is less than a month away, but they decide to make a whole new set of figures that are 3 years old at this point? I wouldn't doubt that there will be another set of ROTS style Clones coming out before year's end. Especially if the response to these were good (which I'm sure it is).