Author Topic: EE Clone Trooper 4-Packs  (Read 163402 times)

SilverZ

Re: EE exclusive Clone Trooper 4-packs!
« Reply #165 on: May 3, 2005, 02:07 AM »
How easy is that to do Jared? Have you tried it yet? I may be doing the same thing, if it turns out to be fairly easy  :-\

It's dead easy. If I had the camera going I'd take a shot, but just take a look at the Target exclusive and you pretty much can see how it looks. The ROTS helmet sits a tiny bit lower than the AOTC helmet, but looks right to my eyes. The heads pop off with little effort and no tools. It's like a 30 second job. I've only done one so far.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 3, 2005, 11:54 PM »
...but just take a look at the Target exclusive and you pretty much can see how it looks.

:'(

Don't have one...

SilverZ

« Reply #167 on: May 4, 2005, 03:31 AM »
Don't have one...

See, the head sits a bit low, at least compared to the ROTS #6 Clone. Personally, I prefer the lower fit like this. The #6 looks like a giraffe.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2005, 03:34 AM by Tydirium »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 5, 2005, 05:35 PM »
Got my packs today, I can't put them down. I'm pretty tempted to order another set of white Clones now... :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #169 on: May 6, 2005, 12:52 PM »
Last night Scott hooked me up with the Dirty White 4-pack (thanks man! :)). They're fantastic figures and all, but really pricey ($8.25 per). At least it was cheaper splitting an order than individually.

Does anybody know why there are red dots on the tips of the helmet fins? According to the Photo Archives at 'Scum, they all have them--even the gold, blue, and green ones. *scratches head*
« Last Edit: May 6, 2005, 01:41 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 6, 2005, 03:17 PM »
Does anybody know why there are red dots on the tips of the helmet fins? According to the Photo Archives at 'Scum, they all have them--even the gold, blue, and green ones. *scratches head*

From the film standpoint, all the Clones had them on their helmets in AOTC.  It's not really visible until when Padme and the Clones run into the hangar on Geonosis following the Dooku/Yoda duel (and even then it's not visible unless on a really big television or a movie screen), but they are there. 

Interesting fact: the LED light on the back of the helmet fin of the Clone Troopers is said by ILM employees to read "1138." :)

The original CW SA Clone had the red dot on the back of his fin too, so while it might seem a little odd, it is film accurate.  So there you go, hope that helps, Valin!

Offline jor_supersid

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 8, 2005, 01:27 AM »
man i still cannot belive how expansive these figures are. what happened to the cheap thrown in the box mailers. cuz think about it these are mostly bought and sold as the concept of them as army builders not a higher end collectable, with slim to none varation for 30++ bux
it just seems a bit much to me. cool looking or not.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #172 on: May 8, 2005, 05:49 PM »
From the film standpoint, all the Clones had them on their helmets in AOTC.  It's not really visible until when Padme and the Clones run into the hangar on Geonosis following the Dooku/Yoda duel (and even then it's not visible unless on a really big television or a movie screen), but they are there. 

Interesting fact: the LED light on the back of the helmet fin of the Clone Troopers is said by ILM employees to read "1138." :)

The original CW SA Clone had the red dot on the back of his fin too, so while it might seem a little odd, it is film accurate.  So there you go, hope that helps, Valin!

Thanks Doc, that does help. :)

In that case I strike my question and change it to: Why did whoever designed the troopers put those red dots there? ;D
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 8, 2005, 06:11 PM »
In that case I strike my question and change it to: Why did whoever designed the troopers put those red dots there?  ;D

I dug through the "Art of Attack of the Clones" for you, Valin, and while my initial suspicions of Doug Chiang being responsible for the "streamlined" Clone look were more or less correct (he was the only artist listed as being responsible for the concept art of the Clones included in the book), it also says in the text that the final look was due to the sculptors and that the fin was added at the maquette stage by Lucas himself. 

I didn't see any mention of the LED on the back of the fin as it applies to the film (it's one of those things you literally have to strain your eyes to look at on most televisions; as it is, I only remember it from the theatrical run of AOTC), but it seems like something that ILM would stick in there.  But who knows; it could have been Lucas throwing it on there in one of his, "You know what would be cool?" moments that brought us Threepio's head on a Battle Droid and a farting Eopie.   ;D

I would think that this type of thing might be mentioned in the Visual Dictionary for AOTC, but as I don't have that book, I can't check.  Anyone else, as Valin's got me curious as to the LED's actual function now too. :)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 9, 2005, 01:08 AM »
Has anyone gotten their ToyWiz orders yet?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2005, 12:17 PM »

There's a guy on eBay with the white clean & battle-damaged Clones, but with the ROTS heads instead of AOTC heads.  Naturally, I have to be skeptical, so do you think he may have managed to switch the heads and reseal the packages?

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2005, 12:40 PM »

There's a guy on eBay with the white clean & battle-damaged Clones, but with the ROTS heads instead of AOTC heads.  Naturally, I have to be skeptical, so do you think he may have managed to switch the heads and reseal the packages?
I'm almost positive that's what the guy did.  Do you have a link to the original auction?  I would like to see how he words it.  Does he say it's a "variation" or a custom?
It's really not hard to put a #6 Clone head on the SA Clone Trooper, so if this thing sells for a lot, I'd expect to see many more ::)

I love these figures and think that it was an excellent idea.  They definitely could have made the price around $25/set and cut out the packaging, but as it is, I'm not complaining (and I do love the packaging). 
Here's hoping that we get real ROTS Clone Trooper Builder sets
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2005, 12:56 PM »
Thanks for the links ... I'm pretty sure this guy is lying through his teeth >:(
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2005, 01:30 PM »
I haven't got a doubt in my mind that he's lying Gregorbian...  Typical.  He's scamming to get the figures he wants and hoping to make a tidy profit at the same time.  The packaging to those Clones would be incredibly easy to pull the old switch-aroo on though, there's no doubt he's full of **** on this.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77