Author Topic: Star Wars Gift Cards  (Read 7380 times)

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
Re: Target SW Gift Card. You get one?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 02:34 AM »
Yeah, I noticed that, but hopefully the battery in it will last awhile. Maybe I should stop pressing it  :P
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2005, 02:43 AM »
It's hard to stop pressing it, isn't it?!  :P

I've put "Vader" on the phone a few times too...

**Hang on just a second, my friend wants to say "hi"...  <press button>  saber lights up, heavy breathing, geeky fanboy status further solidified...**  :-[

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 10:25 AM »
Stopped at Target yesterday, and they had a few of these back "in stock", so I decided to pick one up.  Really good light and sound on such a small card, and kind of a neat little collectible.  I just put $5 on it, and figured I can use it on a figure or something later on (they didn't have anything new there really).  I assume they will let you keep the gift card after you use it, at least if you ask right? :)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2005, 02:00 PM »
mosnab,

Yup, that is what I did.

DBK

Stopped at Target yesterday, and they had a few of these back "in stock", so I decided to pick one up.  Really good light and sound on such a small card, and kind of a neat little collectible.  I just put $5 on it, and figured I can use it on a figure or something later on (they didn't have anything new there really).  I assume they will let you keep the gift card after you use it, at least if you ask right? :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2005, 04:44 AM »
I did not get one and kind of regret not picking it up 4/2 now.  I saw one and it really is an interesting/neat little item, and a nice momento for the 4/2 experience...  I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled for it I guess, but having seen one now I'd really like to pick it up.

I was so out of it at Target that morning, I didn't even think much about the card...  Didn't even look at one.  Too early in the morning for me that day.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2005, 04:53 AM »
I have one but I want to get another one because they're so cool!
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2005, 01:32 PM »
To all:

I my local Target restocked these, so check your local Targets.

If your local Target does not have one and you really want one PM me.

Thanks,

DBK

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2005, 09:38 PM »
I found another one today, although apparently someone had pulled the card off and tried to hide it in another slot, but not hard to spot and place back on the backing. Put $5 on it and bought a bag of Skittles and a Pepsi.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2005, 07:22 AM »
I got another one last night. There sure isn't any shortage of them around here.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Walmart Gift Cards??
« Reply #24 on: May 2, 2005, 05:40 PM »
I hated to start a new thread so I just changed the title for this.  Has anyone been able to pick up the three new Walmart gift cards yet?  I ordered the online set but my local Walmart thinks I'm crazy when I asked about them today.  I tracked down a picture so I can bring with me tomorrow but if they aren't out yet, I might as well wait.

Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2005, 09:10 PM »
Just a head's up that we've got one of these cool Vader gift cards included (with $5 on it) in our new JD Target exclusive giveaway with the Lava Vader figure.  So head on over to the main page and get your entry in there if you wanna win one of these cool little suckers!

I actually stumbled upon another one of these just a few days ago at Target, and threw $5 on it to use it on a figure and then keep it (to pass along to a buddy).  Nifty little gadgets, they are...  8)

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2005, 06:00 PM »
I was in Target the weekend the new toys came out, but I didn't see the gift card.  The next Monday, my mom got the discount card in the mail for $1 off on figures -- so I went back to Target and asked them if I could still get the discount because the card came late in the mail -- and amazingly, they let me use the card, even though the figures were already on sale.  Unfortunately, I couldn't afford to buy very many.  It was that trip that I saw a space for the gift card on a display -- but it was empty.  I asked about it, and they found another box in back, so I bought one, then paid for my purchases that day with the card.

And after I left, I realized that I should've gotten more of them, since they're essentially free.  Oh well.

I also picked up three SW gift cards at Wal-mart (these are just the regular, non light- and sound-FX kind) -- but the cashier there knows of my obsession, so she didn't make me go through the "buy the card then redeem it" process, she just threw 'em in my bag. <G>

Back at Christmas, I got a gift card from Hot Topic -- funny thing, there's no copyright info anywhere on that card, which had me wondering if it was legit.
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2005, 06:40 PM »
I've still yet to get a Target card with the light-up saber.  Kinda bummed I missed those now because they are quite nice looking.  I'd love one given the experiences I had on 4/2...  A nice momento. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2005, 10:35 PM »
I found a bunch at both Targets I went to this weekend, so I bought another one and got the new TIME magazine and a Mother's Day card with it. Definitely a great little collectible.

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
Star Wars Gift Cards
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2005, 10:02 AM »
Does anybody collect the Star Wars gift cards?  Like the ones at Wal-Mart & Target.
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection