Author Topic: Insomnia = Hell  (Read 8028 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Insomnia = Hell
« Reply #30 on: August 5, 2005, 04:07 PM »
They did say that I have chronic insomnia however.  Starting today I am going to be on Lunestra for 6 months, and take it from there.  I also have to cut caffeine out of my diet after 2pm each day.

Last night was another tough night sleeping, but hopefully that will change starting tonight.

:P

Good luck CHEWIE!  I don't drink coffee, but I couldn't imagine cutting out caffeine.   :-\
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ranat

• Youngling
  • Giggity Giggity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 7, 2005, 08:30 PM »
For about five months now, I have been having trouble falling asleep at night. I try everything, but it never works. And if I do stay up all night, I'll be up for about 30 hours, and then I will finally crash and end up sleeping for the next 16 hours.

I can't stand it anymore. I hope things change when my summer session at college is over, which is this week.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2005, 04:11 AM »
Getting any better these days, Justin?

Mine's not so much.  Maybe about 5 hours a night for me, which totally blows.  I need about twice that much, probably...  :-\

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2005, 03:18 PM »
The answer, gentlemen, is at the end of your arm.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2005, 03:34 PM »
Ha.  I don't think the answer is a simple as that unfortunately...

My wife has gone all out to try and take care of my sleeping problem (God bless her body and soul) but it's taken a prescription of Lunesta to really get things working better for me.

I started taking it about 10 days ago, and all but one night it's seemed to kick in pretty quick. 

My problem is that I just can't get things out of my head before falling asleep.  It's crazy.

ranat and JediMAC, I sincerely hope it gets better for you.  Don't be afraid to see a doctor about it.  It was the first time I had been to a doctor in 14 years. I didn't want to go, but it has helped.  Still not sleeping as well as I'd like, but definitely better.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2005, 06:30 PM »
Know what I do when I cant sleep? I hold the pillow over my face untill I stop moving. :P

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2005, 05:32 AM »
Well, unfortunately it's hit me again hard tonight.  4:30am and I'm awake.   :'(

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2005, 08:26 AM »
Getting any better these days, Justin?

Mine's not so much.  Maybe about 5 hours a night for me, which totally blows.  I need about twice that much, probably...  :-\
Here's what ya do -- get yourself one or two of those cute little babies to stay up half the night with you to keep you company ;D  Or better yet.  They can get you up every couple of hours -- just as you've finally drifted off to sleep from the last go 'round........... : ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2005, 11:54 AM »
Well, unfortunately it's hit me again hard tonight.  4:30am and I'm awake.   :'(

Damn. :( You ever try a neck tornoquete?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 7, 2005, 05:46 PM »
Unfortunately the problem seems to be coming back, even with the medication.  Over Labor Day weekend it was kind of rough falling to sleep, but Monday night I didn't fall asleep until about 3:30am, and last night I didn't fall asleep at all... at least not until about 9:00am this morning, then I got up at 2:00pm.  Fortunately my work is understanding, but I can't let this go on.

So, I have another doctor's appointment for tomorrow.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 7, 2005, 05:54 PM »
My problem is that I just can't get things out of my head before falling asleep.  It's crazy

I have the same problem often.  I don't think I have insomnia by any means, but it often takes me an hour or more to fall asleep - it's like my brain doesn't shut off.  Once I'm asleep, I sleep soundly and for plenty of time - but I'm always so wound up during the day that I don't unwind easily.  My girlfriend is asleep 30 seconds after she closes her eyes.  It's amazing.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 7, 2005, 07:16 PM »
Isn't that crazy Zod?  My wife can fall asleep in a couple of hearbeats too.  Always been that way for her.  It's actually aggravating to me that she can fall asleep so easily but I can't.  It's like I have to put 100% effort into falling asleep.  But then sometimes I can't and my mind is going too fast, my heart is beating rapidly and I keep breaking out in bad sweats.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #42 on: September 8, 2005, 12:26 AM »
I'm the exact opposite (usually) from my girlfriend.  It usually takes me about 30-45 mins to fall asleep, but if my girlfriend starts thinking about not being able to fall asleep, she'll be up all night.  I think that she just psyches herself out of being able to sleep though, plus she's a light sleeper.
I used to have major troubles sleeping, and it sounds kinda like what happens to you CHEWIE - I used  to be thinking about too many things and I couldn't relax enough to sleep; I would be too busy thinking about different stuff.  I'm not sure what I did, but since college I have (usually) been able to just fall asleep without much effort.  I still think about a lot of stuff before going to sleep, but I try to keep it either unfocused (try not to think about something for very long) or very detailed (step by step walkthrough of how to do an upcoming custom).  I try to avoid the middle ground because that seems to be when I have trouble sleeping...
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 8, 2005, 09:03 AM »
Sounds pretty similar to what I'm going through Greg.  I actually fell asleep somewhat fast last night, but woke up at 2:30am and haven't been to sleep since.  Man this sucks.

I'm getting some tests done in a couple hours, and I hate bloodwork.  It makes me very, very sick.  Truly my idea of hell.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 8, 2005, 09:51 AM »
I've been wondering if something like yoga might help me learn to fall asleep faster - learning to blank my mind or something like that...  One thing that's for certain is that if you concentrate on falling asleep, you never will.