Author Topic: Green Lantern Toys and Collectibles  (Read 47828 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Green Lantern Toys and Collectibles
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2009, 03:51 PM »
I am definitely going to track down one or two of these SDCC'09 JLU sets...  that cardback is SWEEEEEEt.   :)

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/11261.shtml

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 04:01 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2009, 03:57 PM »
I am definitely going to track down one or two of these SDCC'09 JLU sets...  that cardback is SWEEEEEEt.   :)

SDCC has red x exclusives... cool.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2009, 06:58 PM »
GL is my favorite Comic Book character.  I am eagerly awaiting the DVD this summer.  I just picked up the DCUC GL with Abin Sur....

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2009, 04:51 PM »
Son of a...  :o  >:(

New SDCC exclusive rainbow Hal Jordan figures from DC Direct - Green, Red, Yellow, Orange, and Blue.  Each limited to 1500 and each available on a different day of SDCC.

Man, I hope they do these in a box set or something in the future because I can't imagine what they will cost on eBay.   :'(
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:51 PM by Jeff »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2009, 07:19 PM »
Son of a...  :o  >:(

New SDCC exclusive rainbow Hal Jordan figures from DC Direct - Green, Red, Yellow, Orange, and Blue.  Each limited to 1500 and each available on a different day of SDCC.

Man, I hope they do these in a box set or something in the future because I can't imagine what they will cost on eBay.   :'(

Wow, aside from being a huge pain to pick up obviously, that is a pretty cool "set" of figures.  I've really been enjoying the GL comic lately, and if I was a big DC Direct collector (and had the funds) I'd be after this too.  Looks pretty nifty, but that's going to be a lot of work to get the whole set.  Like you said, the ebay prices could be scary.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 1, 2009, 09:45 AM »

Blackest Night waves 3 and 4 revealed:

Wave #3
- Black Lantern Aquaman 6.75"
- Green Lantern Arisia with power battery 6.5"
- Star Sapphire with power battery 6.625"
- Larfleeze The Orange Lantern with Glomulus and power battery 7" GLOMULUS is 2.375"

Wave #4
- Black Lantern Firestorm 6.75" to top of head (helmet increases height)
- Green Lantern Kyle Raynor with power battery 6.75"
- Black Hand with Batman skull 6.75"
- Wonder Woman 6.625" to top of head (hair increases height)

I'm down for Larfleeze (as well as previously shown Saint Walker, Atrocitus, Kryb and Indigo).  It'll be easier to fudge the scale with DCUC with the aliens than the human / zombies.  Plus John Stewart is rumored to be coming in DCUC wave 11 and you know Kyle will show up sometime (my guess is Black Hand and Star Sapphire will too). 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: July 1, 2009, 10:55 AM »
I think I can pass on Black Hand and Star Sapphire sinceI already have the DCD GL versions of those, but the rest I will gladly pick up.  :)

Larfleeze is great (love Glomulus!) and it's nice to see a new Kyle mixed in there too.

It's interesting that WW is mentioned but not shown... potential spoiler or just not ready for picture day?  Hmmm...

Seeing these waves makes me realize how many holes there still are - seeing the new Kyle and Arisia makes me realize that we definitely now need Sorianik Natu and Sodom Yat to go with them.

And what about Katma Tui?  I'm really hoping that the rumored DCUC version will fit in with the DCD stuff.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2009, 11:01 AM by Jeff »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2009, 06:56 PM »
Just out of curiosity, did anyone have luck (or have someone try) getting a hold of DC Direct's Hal Jordan collection at SDCC (with the various rings/colors)?  It looked really cool, but from what I read it was a pain to try to get them all.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2009, 10:56 PM »
Just out of curiosity, did anyone have luck (or have someone try) getting a hold of DC Direct's Hal Jordan collection at SDCC (with the various rings/colors)?  It looked really cool, but from what I read it was a pain to try to get them all.

Pain doesnt even describe it. I could only get 2 of the 5, green and red.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2009, 12:32 PM »
did anyone have luck (or have someone try) getting a hold of DC Direct's Hal Jordan collection at SDCC (with the various rings/colors)?  

I've been watching ebay auctions, seems to be lots of them out there at $60 each ($300 for the set).  Too rich for me at the moment...  guess I'll hope that DCD goes for a nice box set of the Red/Yellow/Blue/Orange at some point.

edit:
Oh, and as long as I'm here - I picked up GL: First Flight on DVD yesterday (I went with the dlx 2-disc set), but couldn't get myself to pay the extra $4 to get the DCIH figure set at Best Buy.  It was tempting, but it would have opened the DCIH door, so I had to pass...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 12:34 PM by Jeff »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2009, 12:47 PM »
Oh, and as long as I'm here - I picked up GL: First Flight on DVD yesterday (I went with the dlx 2-disc set), but couldn't get myself to pay the extra $4 to get the DCIH figure set at Best Buy.  It was tempting, but it would have opened the DCIH door, so I had to pass...

Again, opening a door here, but I notice that our local Target has the Infinite Heroes 3 packs (specifically, the Green Lantern/Green Arrow/Black Canary set) on clearance for $7-$8 right now.  I have a handful of these figures, and they are nice as durable toys I guess, but I do wish the quality was a little bit better (more like miniature DCUC, if possible).  Otherwise, not too bad.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2009, 01:06 PM »
our local Target has the Infinite Heroes 3 packs (specifically, the Green Lantern/Green Arrow/Black Canary set) on clearance for $7-$8 right now. 

Last weekend, I saw the GL/BC/GA set for $4.24 and was able to pass on it (after staring at it for like 10 minutes).  I know if I had picked it up, that TRU GL box set would have been my next purchase.   ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2009, 01:18 PM »
our local Target has the Infinite Heroes 3 packs (specifically, the Green Lantern/Green Arrow/Black Canary set) on clearance for $7-$8 right now. 

Last weekend, I saw the GL/BC/GA set for $4.24 and was able to pass on it (after staring at it for like 10 minutes).  I know if I had picked it up, that TRU GL box set would have been my next purchase.   ::)

I admire your restraint Jeff.  I could use more of that when toy shopping :).  Sort of off topic, but what did you think of the GL movie (if you've had a chance to watch it yet).  I've got one on the way from Amazon (along with 3 GL TPBs), definitely looking forward to seeing it.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2009, 01:26 PM »
I thought it was a great movie.  Yes, they changed a bit of the story (Sinestro Corps origin) and some of the character appearances (Boodikka, Abin Sur), but it was still a fun ride and an interesting spin on the GLC characters.

The voice work was great though - Victor Garber was fantastic as Sinestro.  Just the right amount of anger and arrogance in his voice.  The SVU Guy (Meloni? his name escapes me) did a nice job as Hal too.

I was worried I was going to be one of the "GAh! They changed it!" fanboys, but I liked it quite a bit.  I've liked pretty much all the DC Animation movies though.  Doomsday was a bit slow, but it was the first try so I cut them some slack.  New Frontier was great - nice adaptation of the comic.  I'm looking forward to Superman/Batman: Public Enemies next.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2009, 04:38 PM »
I picked up the 2 disc First Flight with figure yesterday (my Best Buy just so conveniently happened to not have any 2 disc sets without the figure ::)) but I'm really glad I picked it up. Great figure, about the same height as a SW fig with the same articulation. Much better than the other DCIU figures I've looked at in stores. Looks awful next to a Marvel Universe figure though. Now I want more of these, so it's probably a good thing you passed on the figure Jeff.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks