Author Topic: Yet Another Video Game Movie  (Read 2043 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Yet Another Video Game Movie
« on: April 16, 2003, 06:25 PM »
I think all I have to say about this entire debacle is.... "meh".

Come one, come all and lay witness to yet another superbly craptastic video game movie! This time, based on the 36DD fighting game (edited) also known as the Dead or Alive series. While the quality of the video game series is a moot point, what isn't totally invalid here is that fact that somehow yet another video game is being transformed into a movie:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=2526046

All fanboy jokes aside, I just cant help but laugh at the fact that the company that created the Resident Evil movie is not only still in business, but is also creating more video game movies. And the best part, not only will this revolve around the fighting women, but it will also contain bikini babe volleyball scenes, as a tribute to Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball...

Im a huge video game fan, and yes I will admit, I own both Dead or Alive 3 and DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball for XBox. And, all jokes aside, the games do have their own merits, and they do provide a decent amount of gameplay. Sure, the entire purpose of DOA XBV is to buy your women more naughty bikinis and swimsuits, but at its heart is a very decent volleyball game. And since I hate the sand and sun (unless it involves Tequilla), this is a great way to get in some imaginary volleyball from my nice dark air conditioned room. My point is this though; THEY'RE MAKING A FREAKING MOVIE ABOUT THIS!

Ah, I feel better.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2003, 10:02 PM by BigDumbWookiee »
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Yet Another Video Game Movie
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 06:30 PM »
So I take it you're not going to go see this movie when it comes out, huh?
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another Video Game Movie
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 07:24 PM »
If I can sneak in, I may watch it (we usually go about once a month to the theater, go in during the first morning movie, and stay all day and sneak into about six). All because os sheer morbid curiosity. Come on, if there is a car wreck, Im looking to see if any heads are rolling along the road; and because of that, I may watch this, but only if I dont have to pay, and preferably if someone pays me...
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."