Author Topic: RotS ARC-170  (Read 38445 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
RotS ARC-170
« on: February 22, 2005, 11:10 AM »
Look at all of the screwholes...

Anyone else think those kinda take away from the appearance of this otherwise really cool ship?

:P
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 11:25 AM by Nataku »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: ARC 170 Screwholes
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 11:18 AM »
Maybe that's just the floor model? Man, those screw holes would make me feel iffy about purchasing such a neat ship. They can be filled with spackle, right?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: ARC 170 Screwholes
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 11:22 AM »
My souring of this vehicle's gone beyond the screwholes, but they didn't help by any stretch.

On other toys they're covered, so it's maybe entirely possible they will be here, but somehow I doubt it happens.  They are definitely unacctractive though, and take away greatly from the aesthetics of the ship overall.  Very obtrusive to the looks in this case.

The scale of the ship's truly attrocious though I think...  And with little reason for it to be so in my opinion.  Especially considering how that gun on the right extends beyond the nose of the ship...  This disappointed me probably most out of the vehicles.

Having looked at some of the images from the ICS book coming up though, it appears the Jedi Fighters maybe got trimmed down too, but I'm not sure on those...

I've come not to expect a lot from Hasbro on vehicles but those screw holes really leave a lot to be desired.  I don't think that was exactly necessary, and one can only hope there's plugs for them on the final product.  I'm gonna wager that isn't happening though.   :-\  I'd still be disappointed myself, but it'd be a nice nod to the people who just don't like the holes all over the right side.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
Re: RotS ARC-170
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 11:27 AM »
Stickers were sometimes the hero in covering screws in te past - but I don't think they could save this ship.  >:(
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 11:28 AM »
I'm kinda torn on this one...

The holes take away from the look, but the fact that it can carry three troops and an astromech is pretty cool.  I guess it's another thing that I'll just have to see and hold in person to really know how I feel about it.   :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 11:36 AM »
I will still get it if the money holds out.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 11:48 AM »
I hope thats a floor model, those screw holes sure detract from it.  :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 11:49 AM »
I agree, those sure are a lot of screw holes.  I'm not holding my breath that they will get covered or filled in though.  I still kind of like this ship though, and will likely be picking one up if I have the cash.  Like Jeff mentioned, if it holds 3 figures and a droid, that's pretty cool with me.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 11:52 AM »
I'll still get at least one no matter what... but the screw holes really bother me.  At least on the box it shows them without it, so I guess there is hope.

The size of this ship doesn't bother me.   :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 01:32 PM »
Dude, CHEWIE, that's a drawing, I think, so of course it has no screw holes.

Am I wrong?

Kevin

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 01:41 PM »
Since we didn't see this ship in the Walmart Planogram shots we saw last month and since this is the first time we have seen the ship, is it possible that this is a painted hard-copy or prototype?

It strikes me as odd that there would be so many screw holes when they could just have peg-and-socket construction that is glued together to avoid this look.

While I'm still definitely getting this vehicle, I'm hoping this will be corrected by the final release....

Oh - Jesse - I can understand your disappointment in the scaled-down size of this ship, but I think any bigger and it would have put the vehicle in the Queen's Starship, Millenium Falcon, AT-AT price point territory and I'd be willing to bet that Hasbro didn't want that.

For me, I'm just happy that it can accomodate the correct number of crew members (3 pilots and 1 astromech).
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

SilverZ

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 02:03 PM »
Here's the shot used to start the boxart, no doubt:

So I'd think it was the prototype that had a glued body, while the production one switched to screws. It does look incredibly craptastic like that. I'm still buying at least two, though.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 03:24 PM »
Dude, CHEWIE, that's a drawing, I think, so of course it has no screw holes.

Am I wrong?

Kevin

It could be a drawing I guess, but I think it looks just like the shot Tydirium posted.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005, 03:27 PM »
Ok, I got to thinking.  Maybe just the one side of it has the screw holes.  Make sense?  If you look at the shots with the screws, from what I see it's always one side of the ship.

The pics that don't show any holes are always the other side of the ship. 

There could be more pics out there that I haven't seen though.  Who knows...

Can anyone shed some more light on this?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2005, 03:28 PM »
If you look real close at the R Unit and the Gun on the back, ti almost looks photoshopped into the scene...odd.

Oh well, when we get them in stores, we'll know.

Kevin