Author Topic: The Shard of Spring  (Read 2768 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
The Shard of Spring
« on: July 27, 2005, 11:58 AM »

When I was in elementary/junior high, this was my favorite game of all time.  A few years back, I played it again on my parents' old Apple computer before they got rid of it.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a copy of this game onto a disk to play it on a modern PC?  I've looked online and even tried to download it, but it won't download correctly...

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Shard of Spring
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 11:46 PM »
Ok, I found a site that has a set of disks with this and tons of other games and just ordered it. 

http://www.onyabikesite.co.uk/

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 12:01 AM »
Man, that brings back memories of playing a version of The Hobbit on an old Apple and on a IBM XT! Dual floppies! You also reminded me of my first computer class in 1981 in high school on writing programs in basic! 

Some of those old games are the best. Wish I could find the Hobbit game I am thinking of, and it is not the Gamecube one of a year or two ago!

Kinda of brings up an interesting view. I graduated from high school in 1983 and if you think about it, I have lived to see the computer really impact our soiety, as well as gaming systems. Can you imagine where we will be in 25 or 75 years in gaming and in computers?
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 03:03 PM »
Remember King's Quest?  What a classic pc game.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 2, 2005, 05:56 PM »
I never played King's Quest... is this it?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #5 on: August 3, 2005, 07:36 PM »
Yep, that's it!  Great game with some good humor and puzzle solving.  There was also a series of Space Quest games that were fun.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 12:09 AM »
Damnit.  I got my disk in the mail, and downloaded it, but I can't open any of the games.   What the hell...