Author Topic: Video Games and E3  (Read 7664 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Video Games
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2003, 12:19 PM »
I was never really able to remember to switch weapons, all I did was tap the damn buttons on the blasters, and on occasion, switch to flamer to roast those zombie things...
Anyway, speakings of Medal Of Honor... For all of us who loved Frontline on PS2, it's just come out that a second MOH is soon to come to PS2... This one is 'Rising Sun', Pacific Theatre.

For a couple of images of the game, check out this!

Virex

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2003, 02:07 PM »
I also really want to get a Gamecube. There are a ton of good deals out there now including buy a GC and get Zelda or Metroid for free, I want to wait for the price drop though if it comes (anyone heard anything?)

Scott, E3 is coming at the end of this week, and there are a bunch of rumors floating around that all three consoles will see price drops.  The GameCube is rumored to be dropping to $99, and the XBox and the PS2 are rumored to be dropping to $149.
If these drops are going to happen, expect an announcement sometime in the next few days.

That said, though, Wal-Mart has a great GameCube bundle right now:

Indigo GameCube
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time / Master Quest
Nintendo GameCube / Game Boy Advance cable

All for $150.  Of course, if the drops happen, and Wal-Mart drops that bundle, too, then all that for $100 is even better--and a steal.

Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike and Mario Kart: Double Dash, both coming later this year, will be reason enough to buy a 'Cube. . .

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2003, 02:11 PM »
Does anyone know when the Gamecube is going to drop to $99???  I'll definitely pick up one strictly for the Star Wars "Gamecube-exclusive" games.  Yeah baby!
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2003, 02:12 PM »
OMG, new Mario Kart!   Now my wife will actually be happy when I buy one.  She misses our battles on the N64...we used to spend Friday nights drinking some beer and playing Mario Kart or Mario Party...

I'll print this page off to her as a testament!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2003, 02:15 PM »
For all of us who loved Frontline on PS2, it's just come out that a second MOH is soon to come to PS2... This one is 'Rising Sun', Pacific Theatre.

I loved MOH Frontline, and I cannot wait for the Pacific Theatre to come out.  I think it's the best WWII shooter game ever made!
dustrho

Virex

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2003, 02:34 PM »
Dustrho, read the post I made directly above yours for (rumored) GameCube pricedrop info.

OMG, new Mario Kart!   Now my wife will actually be happy when I buy one.  She misses our battles on the N64...we used to spend Friday nights drinking some beer and playing Mario Kart or Mario Party...

I'll print this page off to her as a testament!

Print this stuff instead:  :)

From 4/23:

First look: Mario Kart: Double Dash

Nintendo releases the first gameplay information on its long-awaited GameCube racing game. First screens inside.

Nintendo has today released the first gameplay information on the GameCube version of Mario Kart via its official E3 Web site. The game will boast a number of new features, the most obvious and intriguing of which is that each kart is manned not only by a driver, whose attributes will affect the handling of the kart, but also by a second character that will be responsible for handling power-up items and weapons. In addition to six regular items that are available no matter which character is riding shotgun, each character will have access to a further eight items that are specific to them. Players will be able to have their two characters switch seats on the fly, which could make for some quite tactical racing since every change will alter both the handling of the kart and the items available.

Also, according to a report in the latest issue of Famitsu, a number of Nintendo characters that haven't previously appeared in Mario Kart games will also be making up the numbers on the starting grid. The 16 characters confirmed for inclusion in Mario Kart to date are as follows:

Baby Luigi
Baby Mario
Birdo
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Daisy
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Koopa Paratroopa
Koopa Troopa
Luigi
Mario
Peach
Wario
Waluigi
Yoshi

Famitsu's report also hints at support for up to eight players using two GameCube consoles, although no more specific details are available at this time. We'll bring you more information on the GameCube version of Mario Kart when we report live from E3 in LA next month.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/driving/supermariokartworkingtitle/news_6025528.html

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2003, 04:38 PM »
Yep that will do the trick  :-*

GC here I come (maybe next week!)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2003, 08:12 PM »
Gamecube's been one of the best investments I ever made...  Well my ex got it for me for X-Mas the year it was released, but that's beside the point.

LOTS of great games, ports of great games from other systems as well, and more exclusives that you WON'T see ported to PC than any other system...

Eternal Darkness, the Resident Evil series, and Rogue Leader have already made the system worth it to me...  The games like Splinter Cell, and other Tom Clancy games have put it above and beyond...  Clone Wars, Bounty Hunter, and Rogue Squadron 3 will likely make it worth its weight in gold to me.  :D

I hgihly recommend getting one, even if it doesn't drop in price.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
E3!
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2003, 03:25 PM »
The greatest week gamers is here, E3 where cool new games are debuted!

I was checking ot IGN's preview and there is really cool stuff coming including the Mario Kart stuff Virex showed

http://games.ign.com/e3.html

Sounds like Sony is going the way of the Gameboy and will come out with a Handheld

I also like the look of the new He-Man game and was really stoked about the return of Mega Man X7 which will feature 2D and 3D action...those are some of the greatest games EVER!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: E3!
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2003, 03:28 PM »
I also am highly stoked for the new LOTR:ROTK game

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2003, 04:25 PM »
That looks sweet!   :o
dustrho

Offline aliasjcb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2003, 04:28 PM »
I think the X Play show on Tech TV is going to do some shows from there showing all the new games coming out. Seems like it will be the week after but you can check their site on Tech Tv's site for more info.

John

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2003, 08:26 AM »
As a huge fan of the original Ghost and Goblins and being really amazed by the original Maximo for PS2, Maximo 2 is going to be a must buy for me:

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2003, 08:30 AM »
The first Syphon Filter for PS2 looks good too:

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2003, 08:46 AM »
The new Medal of Honor: Rising Sun looks amazing as well.  The first MOH set in the Pacific theater should be awesome.  I own all the MOH for PS and PS2 and this one looks to be no different.

Spy Hunter 2 also looks like a good one.