Author Topic: Psycho's Customs - Updated 8/05 WIP  (Read 5201 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Psycho's Customs - Updated 8/03
« Reply #15 on: August 3, 2005, 06:48 AM »
She looks good, I like the black beneath the silver. 
What figures did you make her out of?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline DanOfTheDead

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 3, 2005, 06:53 AM »
Thanks!

A voltron body, gundam hands, and a Energon Transformers Arcee head.

Offline DanOfTheDead

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 5, 2005, 02:52 AM »
After happily completing my war droid that had been sitting around for years, literally, I'm going through my old bagged "I should finish these one day" custom projects. Next up is this yet to be named WIP "Jedi Infiltrator."

Much like the "Fallen Jedi" used the shroud of the Dark Side to hide himself from those who hunted down the remaining Jedi, she's used the force to cloak her true nature and loyalty to the Jedi Order. She has done so to infiltrate her enemies' ranks, so she might restore balance to the force. However, using such deception, living a lie and presenting that lie has brought her dangerously close to the true Dark Side of the Force... as such, her motives have begun to sway toward revenge...

Her head and legs are from Shmi Skywalker, chest from an Episode 1 Handmaiden Padme, arms from Mon Mothma, hands (for more dynamic Force using stance) are from Rystall, and Luke Skywalker belt. I'd like to give her smaller lightsaber hilt, touch up her paint and add a bit of detailing.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Psycho's Customs - Updated 8/05 WIP
« Reply #18 on: August 5, 2005, 03:06 AM »
Woah, that doesn't even look like Shmi. I like the pose, I think it'd be cool if she had a bit more articulation, but if you are going for preposed, you have a great pose going. When you do the detailing be sure to doe some drybrushing or a wash, esspecially on the boots they would look much better with a little more layered look to them. It looks like a bit of red is poking through the fingers that you might want to cover. I think that a ROTS Ki-Adi Mundi Robe dyed black could look cool on her, if you are looking to add anything. She looks great so far. :)
« Last Edit: August 5, 2005, 03:06 AM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
« Reply #19 on: August 5, 2005, 10:29 AM »
Wow -- I find this custom absolutely stunning.  Great use of the Shmi head and great parts selection.

My only comment is there is great texture on those legs, but nothing is being done to bring it out.  At a bare minium I suggest considering dry-brushing highlights onto them.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 5, 2005, 10:32 AM »
Now this is what I call an excellent female custom!  That is such a good and unique use of parts.  Usually I can identify a figure's face very easily, but I had no idea at all that you used a Shmi. 

Excellent work!  A+

:P

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #21 on: August 5, 2005, 12:29 PM »
Nice job, I like the pose - those Rystall hands work perfectly.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline DanOfTheDead

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 5, 2005, 12:47 PM »
Now this is what I call an excellent female custom!  That is such a good and unique use of parts.  Usually I can identify a figure's face very easily, but I had no idea at all that you used a Shmi. 

Excellent work!  A+

:P

It might sound odd, but sanding the eyebrows off can usually really change the look a head sculpt. On males, it often looks a little strange... but it seems to work well for altering the appearance of female headsculpts. That and the shorter blonde hair are the only differences on the head.