Community > JD Sports Forum!

JD Fantasy Hockey 2005

(1/240) > >>

Morgbug:
Since I don't want to run a football leauge, I'd be willing to run a hockey league on JD/Yahoo.  I'm presuming they have hockey on Yahoo, we've typically used a different online site, but for consistency and since we're running other pools on there, I thought it simplest to stay. 

Usual point schemes are remarkably easy except for the goalies:

1 goal = 1 point
1 assist = 1 point

Goalies:
1 goal = 5 points
1 assist = 5 points
win = 2 points
tie = 1 point
shutout = 3 points. 

In the past, we've run goalies/shutouts at 5 points but that tends to make them the best players on the team in terms of points.  A 3 point line for a shutout means a good goalie is still important, but not absolutely critical.  I'm open to all manner of suggestions regarding goalie point scoring schemes. 

Typically we draft 10-12 players, one of which must be a goalie.  We can increase that number if you like, but we usually only use three spares (two skaters, one goalie) in addition to whatever we're allowed to start.  Sort of a draft 'em and live with 'em unless they're hurt scheme.

Holographic Elvis:
I'd like to see the roster expanded because if say 4 guys get hurt, you won't be able to put a full squad out there.  The point system in hockey is pretty simple if you just stick with those categories.  I'm sure you can get crazy and add stuff like a point for a plus, minus point for a minus (plus/minus category), etc.  PM me and we can talk about stat categories, but consider me in.  Yahoo says they will start accepting sign ups in August for hockey now that the CBA is final and play will start in October. 

Rob:
I'm in.

Ryan:
Count me in. :)

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Sith Lord Chaos on August  2, 2005, 04:02 PM ---Count me in. :)

--- End quote ---

I'd like to play too... if I have time that is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version