Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 276714 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #1260 on: December 29, 2006, 10:46 PM »
BBTS might have some, but it's slim pickins since the line's been dead for about a year now.

I'd also try checking your local TRU. Mine still has a few Mega Buy packs that have 3 figures for $10, though the selection usually includes a variation of Strider/Aragorn, the same for Legolas, and Gothmog.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 29, 2006, 11:36 PM »
Yes...I've got a pretty varied list, I just slacked off the past year. I remember seeing nearly all these at Walmart or TRU, but held back until they were gone.

Gondorian Swordsman
Gothmog
Mordor Orc Lieutenant
King Elendil
Moria Archer
Boromir (SP)
Gandalf the Grey (SP)
Strider (SP)
Orc Warrior
Crossbow Uruk-hai
Aragorn: Helm's Deep (SP)
Boromir: Captain of Gondor
Gamling
Isengard Orc
Hama
Orc Captain of Isengard
Shagrat
Theodred
Isildur
Theoden: Aged
Cirith Ungol Uruk-hai
Denethor
Gorbag
Minas Tirith Citadel Guard
Aragorn: Council
Saruman the White
Gandalf Stormcrow
Eowyn: Edoras

Lothlorien Giftset
Coronation Gift Pack
Battle Armor Troll

Basically the last year and a half. Thanks for the tip on BBTS. I'll use it for whatever they have left.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 6, 2007, 11:40 PM »
I still to this day have never gotten, a Twilight Frodo.

Kills me man, just kills me.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Lord of the Rings Figures
« Reply #1263 on: October 22, 2012, 11:20 AM »
Bumping up an oldie here, but with all the Hobbit hype I've been looking at my LOTR collection again.  The Toy Biz line was one of those where I always wanted to get into it deeper, but for one reason or another I never did.  I ended up with around a dozen figures from the various lines I believe, but always wanted to have the "Fellowship" to display.  One figure I never did get was a Boromir, and I was wondering if anyone here could recommend the best one for display.  I know there were a few, but I just wanted to check.  Actually, when I think about it, I do need to get "Fellowship" versions of a few others (like Merry/Pippin, Strider, and Gandalf the Grey since I have versions from other movies) so if you have any recommendations for those figures as well, I'd be glad to hear them.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 6, 2012, 02:44 PM »
can anyone help me out that has more knowledge about the Toy Biz line?  i.e.  Are there any other figures/beasts that are in scale with this new, The Hobbit, line?

I am going to post this in The Hobbit thread too

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 9, 2012, 12:41 PM »
I got your back Smash, looking to get some of teh beasts ect from teh old line to use with the new line, I can fudge scale a lil but on big ole beasts.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 15, 2013, 05:20 PM »
It may be due to the Star Wars "break", or just the fact that the release of the Hobbit has gotten the Lord of the Rings fires burning again, but I've been looking into tracking down some figures from the original Toy Biz line.  At the time of release, I couldn't really afford to get into it to far, and only have a dozen or so figures from the various lines.  Although I don't really have any more display space now, one thing I always wanted to do was have the best version of each of the members of the Fellowship.  I've been researching it a bit online to try and remember all the figures, but I thought some of you here who collected the line more might have a quicker/better answer for me.  Do you know of the best versions of each of the members from the Fellowship?

Aside from Boromir, I do have other versions of all of them, but some are from other movies (Gandalf the White, Legolas, etc.).  I have what I believe are called the super poseable versions of both Frodo and Sam, and I'm not sure if Gimli had a different version either, so I've got a few to start with.  Were there any other Fellowship versions of Merry/Pippin other than the initial two pack offerings?  I also know there was a superposeable Strider available later on in the line, is that the best version?  I know they had their difficulties with the Aragorn head sculpts throughout the line.  I really like the Legolas figure I have, but I do believe it is from Two Towers.  I know there are a number of multipacks as well, but I thought I remembered the figures being re-releases there for the most part.  Anyways, I'll be looking into it more, but I thought I'd ask for any advice anyone might have.  Thanks!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 15, 2013, 10:07 PM »
I found a fairly decent archive of Toy Biz Lord of the Rings figures.  I think some of the better FOTR figures were the ones that were offered on the later smaller cards.

The Fellowship 9-pack has always been one of my favorite pieces in the line since it had all of the characters AND the likenesses were pretty good.  But I also really liked the Frodo & Sam 2-pack with the Elven boat.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 18, 2013, 08:52 PM »
Thanks for the linky Nicklab, that's exactly what I was looking for.  I remember (during the run of the LOTR figures) checking stuff out at the Green Dragon.com, but that site seems to have changed or left since then - this is a nice archive to be able to jog my memory as to what is out there.  Thanks so much.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1269 on: February 11, 2020, 08:06 PM »
I sold almost all of my LOTR figure 7-8 years ago...I just checked eBay and I’m sure glad I did...hundreds and hundreds of non sold auctions at retail prices

It’s a shame because this line was probably my third favorite ever behind SW and The Simpson’s (which I also unloaded)

And I had everything...there are probably some rarer of the “Trilogy” figures that hold some value but most of them are not selling  :-[
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 08:08 PM by Scott »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 11, 2020, 08:12 PM »
I feel opposite. Not related to money but I sold a majority of mine years ago and wish I hadn't now. I'd like to still have all those secondary characters
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1271 on: February 11, 2020, 08:51 PM »
I seriously have run out of space to display anything but depth and scope of who they made was amazing, agreed

Some of those Trilogy line figures were so well done...

It’s also why I bought Brents smaller collection and have them in a much smaller bin

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 11, 2020, 09:37 PM »
For sure. I didn't mention in my last comment that I have no clue where to put what I do have let alone where I'd have the rest had I not sold them
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 09:38 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 12, 2020, 10:34 AM »
I’ve been selling off  a lot of my collection in general. I found boxes and boxes of unopened LOTR figures.  But the market for them is not good.  I’m going to hold on to them for now.  And when the Amazon LOTR project gets closer I think there might be some rekindled interest in the old toys. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 10:35 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: February 14, 2020, 10:53 AM »
Although I didn’t get into it from the get-go (this was during my “I can’t collect anything besides Star Wars” phase), I eventually picked up the Fellowship and a handful of other figures. I really have fond memories of the line overall. Very broad, and some really nice stuff in there. I’ve never looked at the prices, but it does seem relatively forgotten sometimes. We were actually talking about rewatching the movies with our daughter this year (she is 12, and has never seen them). A fun time in collecting, especially when you could get 6” figures for what $10 or less for a time?