Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 276726 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Lord of the Rings Figures
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2003, 05:34 PM »
There might be more legs to the LOTR than we thought.  The rumors still abound that after making King Kong and another movie, Peter Jackson may return to make The Hobbit.  Hopefully Toy Biz can continue on with that.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2003, 09:06 PM »
I love this guy, but I still think one of the biggest oversights in the LOTR line so far has been an HD armored Uruk Hai.  I don't know what is holding TB back from making a figure they would sell the crap out of.  

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2003, 12:09 AM »
If TB made a HD Uruk, I'd buy a few. I've all these figures from Helm's Deep and not enough Uruk-Hai. This Crossbow goofball is pretty neat.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2003, 09:45 AM »
If they released a 9-pack of Uruk-Hai ala the Fellowship set at Wal-mart for $25, I'd go for that.  8)
Post sober.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2003, 07:57 PM »
If they released a 9 pack of Uruks, I'd absolutely plotz.  Actually, they could probably get away with something like it through an exclusive.  Look at all the exclusives multipacks that were up for preorder at Outer Reaches a while back.  A little retooling here and there, and bang, three or four Uruks.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2003, 08:45 PM »
Today I found some new LOTR:ROTK figures at Target. I picked up Aragorn, Crawling Gollum, and Eowyn in Armor. The card back shows a Gandalf but I did not see him.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2003, 02:21 PM »
I know many people haven't found the ROTK version yet, but I was thinking about picking up a Gollum figures, and I was curious which one you collectors thought was better...the bendy version or the new articulated "wall-crawling" version?  I have seen the bendy version several times, but just haven't picked it up yet...I was just curious what your opinions are...thanks!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2003, 04:34 AM »
I actually don't mind the bendy version(s), but I haven't seen the articulated one yet so I can't say.  I'll likely buy it because the only bendy Smeagol I'll have otherwise will be on my wall.

I was thinking also, I really hope TB does an armored Gondorian Soldier, 1) just because and 2) so I can do a custom Armored Boromir.  Which got me to thinking:

Spuffy's LOTR Wishlist

Armored Boromir (TTT:EE)
Amon Hen Boromir Resculpt
Helm's Deep Uruk Hai Warrior w/ The Works
Amon Hen Aragorn
Elrond Council Robes
Armored Gondorian Soldier
Harad Archer
Arwen Departing Rivendell w/ Lantren
Eowyn White Lady of Rohan (white dress)
Denethor

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2003, 11:52 AM »
I also wonder if TB will be making a Mouth of Sauron figure, but I'm not sure if this even appears in the movie.

I always thought it was pretty lame of TB to release an Elrond in his Prolugue getup. He looked funny alongside the first three series of FOTR figs.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2003, 02:27 PM »
WOOHOO!  I traded for an armored Eowyn this morning.  Nice figure!

As for my wishlist....

CARDED FIGURES
Prologue Elendil
Prologue Isildur
Black Gate of Mordor Orc with horn
Southron
Helm's Deep Uruk Hai with armor
Dunland Wildman
Armored Gondorian Soldier

HORSE & RIDER SETS
Rohirrim Horseman with horse
Eomer with horse

BEASTS
The Balrog
Black Gate of Mordor Troll
The Witch King's Dragon
Shelob

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 2, 2003, 02:18 PM »
I have asked several questions of you guys regarding these figures, and I have seen the Fellowship 9-pack recommended by many of you (for me being a just-starting collector).  Anyways, from what I have read, it looks like it is a great deal...9 figures (pretty much all characters that I would like), for anywhere from $30ish to $40ish.  I was curious which versions of the characters are included in this pack, and if they are good versions of the characters?  I have been looking over some of the pictures at TheGd.com, as well as OfftheCard.com, to take a look at the figures that have been released, so I was curious which were included, and how they compared.  It would save me money in the long run to get this 9-pack, pick up a Smeagol, etc., and be pretty much done with it (I don't plan to be a completist, just a few)...but after seeing a few of the ROTK figures (the new Aragorn pictures look great, and with a new Legolas on the way as well)...maybe I should wait.  Anyways, my main question is, which versions of the characters are included in this pack?  Are the Merry and Pippen offered here and in other two packs, etc., the same?  Sorry for another lengthy question, if you have any advice for me, please let me know.  Thanks again!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #116 on: September 2, 2003, 02:57 PM »
The 9 pack is definitely worth it - especially if you snag it for $25 like HMI did.  For me, the real reason to buy it was Boromir and Legolas, who I could never find.  The subsequent Legolas figs are better than this, but this is him in his pre-Lothlorien get up.   If all you want is the Fellowship and a few others, you can't go wrong.  

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 2, 2003, 03:00 PM »
The Merry and Pippen that come in this set are the same as the ones that came with the Moria Orc, in the FOTR packaging.  The Merry and Pippen that came out in TTT packaging are actually a different sculpt (just some different parts, I think).

The Frodo and Sam that come in the Fellowship 9-Pack are the ones from the Elven boat set.  I think those are probably the definitive Frodo and Sam.

Feedback

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 5, 2003, 09:14 AM »
Has anyone heard of any new mail-in offers like the Burger King premium? I'm guessing that, since those particular Uruk-Hai figures showed up at KBToys, that promotion wasn't as successful as it was hoped to be. But you never know.

Any fast-food tie-ins with ROTK?
Post sober.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #119 on: September 5, 2003, 09:16 AM »
I think I heard there were not going to be any more offers (you could also order the Uruk with the DVD last year). Of course things have been known to change, things are not set in stone, anything could happen etc :-*